Deleted
Feb 16, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #31 of 36
I think it's an overall good thing. I doubt other headphone companies will loose too much sleep over market share. There's really no sense in alienating their current market to wrestle with beats for a share of another (which probably wouldn't amount to much since beats is based mostly on brand recognition, like coke or marlboros). Those customers were probably never theirs to begin with, though a few might get their feet wet with beats before proceeding to the deep end. Likewise, their customers will probably never drop their particular brand for beats or bose. It has also somewhat improved the image of over-ear headphones.

And at the absolute worst, rabid brand loyalty serves as a decent idiot barometer.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #32 of 36
Being a huge pro wrestling fan (quit laughing at me) all of the Bose and Beats hatred kinda reminds me of everyone of the "John Cena is the devil" topics on every pro wrestling forum.

I am not a fan of either Bose or Beats even though I was given a Bose IE2 for Christmas which I was able to get over full value back for in a trade (I got $70 and another pair of headphones for it) and I bought my brother a RED Beats Solo HD for Christmas. It's what he wanted. He doesn't think they are "Beat Ever!!" at all. He wanted them because to him they are more than headphones, they are fashion accessories like a watch or something like that. He keeps them with him constantly, and even though I think they sound like crap as far as sound quality goes they were well worth what I paid for them because he loves having them.

I don't begrudge people their happiness because I don't like their choices. I was raised better than that.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #33 of 36
Give them the beautiful HP K701 to have a try, and they'll just pay for that

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #36 of 36

Quote:
rl.gif

+1 

this made me lol really hard too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back