Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12)
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #61 of 1,238

Quote:

FrankI was the first to request a headphone jack, and it was only after that it became an option.   I don't think using them for headphones is all that common.  

And, the parts have been pulled for my CSP2+.   

I had to tell someone, and trust me, my roomie doesn't care.  

Good thing you guys blazed the trail!   Was it also that way with the Mini Torii, someone eventually requested a headphone jack for it?  

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #62 of 1,238
Yeah...I did 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #63 of 1,238
It was Robs idea with the mini torri that got me thinking about the Taboo since I had the CSP2 and seen no reason to sell that and get the mini Torri so I asked Steve  and he designed the one for the taboo which as a little different because of the Hazen mod and lucid but its like Lucid mode is on all the time on the headphones.  Kind of cool as the two pieces covers all low and high impedance cans well.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #64 of 1,238
You guys totally deserve our thanks, because these amps are a truly astonishing combination with LCD2.

(Well, the Taboo's the only one I've heard but I completely believe Rob's description of the MiniTorii 
wink_face.gif
)

Quote:
It was Robs idea with the mini torri that got me thinking about the Taboo since I had the CSP2 and seen no reason to sell that and get the mini Torri so I asked Steve  and he designed the one for the taboo which as a little different because of the Hazen mod and lucid but its like Lucid mode is on all the time on the headphones.  Kind of cool as the two pieces covers all low and high impedance cans well.

Quote:
Yeah...I did 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #65 of 1,238

Kind of cool as the two pieces covers all low and high impedance cans well.

With, the possible exception of the HE-6 and large scale recordings, if I recall your thoughts correctly.  Makes me kinda wonder about using the MKIII and adapter.   Though I'm more likely to go with a Master 6 for a SS option. At least until I regain enough patience to wait another 3+ months and get cash to cover it.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #66 of 1,238
I bet the percentage of Taboo, CSP2+, and the Mini Torii sales are now mostly acquired for headphone usage.  It seems everyone looks at them for headphones and then says "and the Taboo and the Mini Torii also do speakers".    

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #67 of 1,238

..and the Taboo and the Mini Torii also do speakers

at the same time, if one were so inclined.   

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #68 of 1,238

Quote:
I bet the percentage of Taboo, CSP2+, and the Mini Torii sales are now mostly acquired for headphone usage.  It seems everyone looks at them for headphones and then says "and the Taboo and the Mini Torii also do speakers".    

Lol yep thats how I saw it actually, first as a headphone amp and then as a speaker amps as secondary lol.  My thanks to Skylab and Frank I for paving the way with the headphone mod!!!  

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #70 of 1,238
He was pretty receptive to it when I spoke to him about it. People had been making speaker terminal "pigtails", but I wanted a headphone jack, with a switch between it and the speakers, and he was willing to do it.  I was a repeat customer of his, and he is pretty good about trying to accommodate his customers.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #71 of 1,238
As anyone ever had it confirmed how many watts the Taboo puts out into 50 ohms?

I asked Steve D once and he said a 'number of watts' which I thought was very vauge.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #72 of 1,238
My interconnects shipped today -- to the billing address not the shipping address.  I both called and left a message and emailed.  Both within a half hour of receiving the notice.  I can probably redirect it if need be.  So I'm not overly concerned the Amps will be another story.   CSP2 is now on the bench.  Plus I received 1959 Pope/Amperex 12AX7, and a custom speaker adapter for my HE-6.   I'm running out of money and ways to amuse myself while waiting for the amps to get here.   

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #74 of 1,238

I'm wondering how long the wait will be?

I ordered mine end of November, if I'm lucky it will arrive next week, or the possibly the week after.  10 weeks?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back