Decent headphones that REALLY last?
Mar 31, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #16 of 18
Rather than looking for unbreakable gear, why not just treat your gear better? Seems to me like you have tons of options in headphones that hold up to reasonably thoughtful handling. Who knows, perhaps this awareness of how poorly you treat your toys will extend to other parts of your life and your other things will last longer too. Just a thought. 

Just like when you create something thats idiot-proof the world creates a better idiot, when you make an indestructible (anything) the world comes up with a better destructonator. 

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #17 of 18
I'd have to agree with everyone hear when they said the HD 25 being a solid pair of cans for those who have a problem with breaking headphones. There small so you can just throw them in your backpack on the go without the worry that they’ll get smashed. I went with the Allen and Heath XD-53 just because they had more bass than the HD 25 and were just has strong, but the HD 25 are more practical for at home and on the go. So long as you're not replacing the drivers in them all the replacement parts are pretty considerate to your fixing budget. If I hadn’t already bought my DT 880 the HD 25-1 ii were going to be my next pair.

Note: If you try to get these on eBay or anywhere else make sure they are NOT the SP model. Many people have bought them thinking they were the HD 25-1 ii but the SP model does not have the split headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back