DC/MD/NoVa Meet Sunday, April 5th from 13:00 to 17:00 Arlington Central Library
Mar 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #166 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm new to this and am unsure how it all works. If all I have is a bunch of low-end phones that everyone's already heard and so are not worth bringing along, plus no headphone amp, am I still welcome? The list of equipment that will be there is on the intimidating side.
ksc75smile.gif

Bring them, lots of people use more than one type of headphone. Personally I would like to hear them as I dont have a set for tooling around with my phone when I am on the go.
wink_face.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #167 of 216
x3 There are usually people who show up who are just starting out. Having inexpensive, easy to drive phones there give them something to listen to that they might buy. It's great being able to hear high end phones, but not everyone can or are willing to shell out $500 plus on a headphone.

With that in mind, my profile is reasonably up to date so if someone wants to hear a particular headphone, let me know and I'll bring it.

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #168 of 216
grawk, scompton & olblueyez: Thanks. I will be there. I am hoping that olblueyez brings his HD 650s because I am currently considering a purchase of those or the 600s but am worried that my Onkyo CD player/integrated amp (playing rock) won't be a good match.
regular_smile .gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #170 of 216
I went today to the library to pick up the tickets and have "nice" talk with the lady responsible for the room scheduling. First she said that somebody called and cancel room reservation.
confused_face_2.gif

After checking all her and my emails she agreed that we booked the room.
angry_face.gif

Anyway, we have room booked on April 5th. The library will open at 13:00 so there is no point to come earlier. Since the day is Sunday we do not need any parking reservation, just park on any free spot at the library parking lot.
Also the library will work till 9pm and not 5pm as I was told, so we can have the room till about 8:30pm if somebody wants to stay longer. Bring some snacks and water if you want.

Cheers

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #171 of 216
That's interesting about the cancellation. I had that happen to me where I had made reservations on Valentine's day at a restaurant I knew would be impossible to "walk-in". I did this a month in advance and verified the day before. And then 1hr before my reservation I got a notice via email that I had cancelled it. After I stopped panicking, I called where the lady mentioned that someone else had just called to book my slot. Of course I got it all straightened out. Is this some kind of trend? Sheesh.

One a positive note, thank you vvs_75 for taking the time and effort to do this.

I've gotten the Bijou up and running, a diy wheatfield HA2 up and humming (literally), and a set or two of AKG 240M (600ohm) that I can lug in.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #175 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring iGrado's.

I'll bring my portable blue hawaii to try them with.

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #176 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring iGrado's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bring my portable blue hawaii to try them with.

Hey, are you guys actually coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am there but no KGSS or HD800s. Oh well.

frown.gif
Did anything happen to the KGSS?

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #178 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
Did anything happen to the KGSS?

Justin hasn't finished it.... just like Senn hasn't finished the HD800s.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #180 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin hasn't finished it.... just like Senn hasn't finished the HD800s.

Ah, good reason.

And bummer indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back