DC/MD/NoVa Meet Sunday, April 5th from 13:00 to 17:00 Arlington Central Library
Apr 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #181 of 216
I should be there barring an unforseen circumstance. I'll have an iPod touch, a 4G running Rockbox full of FLAC, an ALO cryo, my RS Hornet, and my 580s. Nothing elite but perfectly good for comparing or testing. If anyone wants to hear some cheap stuff for their budget use, I can bring my AKG K-26P.

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #182 of 216
If anyone has AKG K601's PLEASE attend or at least let me borrow them for the meetup.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #184 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, are you guys actually coming?

I'm planning to be there. I'm not sure what I'm bringing though. Probably a dynamic rig of some sort.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #185 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning to be there. I'm not sure what I'm bringing though. Probably a dynamic rig of some sort.

Hirsch, all your rigs are dynamic (as in a state of change)
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #191 of 216
I think i'm actually going to have a decent amount of entry-ish level gear that I plan to offload, if anybody is in the market when there (LD MKV, Grado 325, Diyeden DAC) to get a cut rate without any shipping costs or time lags.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few days!

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #192 of 216
Kind of an odd request, but scompton (or whoever else), could you bring your soldering station as well for a quick touch up job on the connections of my electrostatic Float and redoing the plug on my ESP10? I lent mine to a friend three weeks ago and he hasn't given it back.

Also I am likely to only stay for the first few hours since I have to leave for something else.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #193 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kind of an odd request, but scompton (or whoever else), could you bring your soldering station as well for a quick touch up job on the connections of my electrostatic Float and redoing the plug on my ESP10? I lent mine to a friend three weeks ago and he hasn't given it back.

Also I am likely to only stay for the first few hours since I have to leave for something else.

I have a soldering iron if you are desperate. No high-end silver solder or anything, though, just the normal stuff.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #194 of 216
I'm pretty sure I have my own solder to use (Kester 44 60/40), and I'm fine with any decent solder anyway. It'd be great if you could bring it. I just don't want to have to lug around a crash helmet and its transformer box without being able to have anyone listen to it.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Yeah, found the solder.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #195 of 216
Ok. so my Raptor came back from Ray today with Half the gain it had (Sounds great and I can use my volume knob now). And My laptop came back from being repaired yesterday, plus I got a gold pin 5963 and a Siemens E82CC in the mail today. I am ready to rock!

BTW, I have a case full of tubes, anyone have a particular sound signature they want out of the 650's? I thought Clean and dynamic with a touch of polish would be best so people can realize the 650 is not veiled when done right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back