DC/MD/NoVa Meet Sunday, April 5th from 13:00 to 17:00 Arlington Central Library
Apr 4, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #196 of 216
Oh yeah, I hope there are going to be a decent number of speaker amps in attendance. The Jecklins can only be run off the transformer box; same with the Superex PEP-74 I just got.

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #197 of 216
i will not be able to make it. so i guess you can take the akg k272 and phonaks off the list sorry.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #198 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, I hope there are going to be a decent number of speaker amps in attendance. The Jecklins can only be run off the transformer box; same with the Superex PEP-74 I just got.

I'm bringing 2, NAD 3155 and Realistic STA-2200.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #199 of 216
I unfortunately can't make it but I will try to make the next one. Sorry about this fellas.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #200 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning to be there. I'm not sure what I'm bringing though. Probably a dynamic rig of some sort.

How did I miss this?

Pleeaaaaase bring an Omega 2 if you can.
tongue.gif
If you can't, that's cool, too.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #201 of 216
Sorry but I too am not going to make it up today..so tired today.

Apr 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #204 of 216
I did too, thanks to Steve and Vlad for all their efforts, and to everybody who contributed to such an impressive array of equipment present!

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #205 of 216
Thanks to Steve, I now know what an Orothodynamic headphone is and sounds like. I was amazed at the starving student that steve had, damn nice for 50 bucks. I also liked the DT880's, they are somewhere between the 650 and the 701, I think the 880 in 600 Ohm should be my next set of cans. I have a lot of tube combos that are too warm with the 650. Got my first taste of balanced on DreadHead's GSX, very nice, not the night and day difference I was expecting, it sure did add lots of dynamics to the bass, bass instruments had more space between them and a bit more impact. I do want to appologize to everyone I did not get to meet, I have not been keeping track of this thread like I should have and I thought 13 hundred was 13 hundred.
wink_face.gif

BTW: There was a fellow there with a DIY tube amp who was comparing my Raptor to his (Beautiful) Audio Note was it? Anyway, if someone knows his name I want to contact him about today, my wife got the low down on his conversation with DreadHead and she said he was interested in a Raptor but she seemed to think he was not clear on a few things. I cant wait for the next one, maybe I can be on time for that one and get to meet more people and check out some more stuff.

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #207 of 216
/jealous he couldn't make it but thanks everyone for helping set it up and will make sure to the bring his gear to the next meet. We should hurry up and request another venue for another meet hehe <3

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #208 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW: There was a fellow there with a DIY tube amp who was comparing my Raptor to his (Beautiful) Audio Note was it? Anyway, if someone knows his name I want to contact him about today, my wife got the low down on his conversation with DreadHead and she said he was interested in a Raptor but she seemed to think he was not clear on a few things. I cant wait for the next one, maybe I can be on time for that one and get to meet more people and check out some more stuff.

vvs_75 or Vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back