Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #751 of 1,160
  You can't go wrong with Dasetn M1, it's cheap and sounds very nice. I actually prefer it to SM E30 which is one of the best IEM at 40$ of jkoler. The TG-38s is another story, mine still sounds the same (bad) after 50+ hours burn in, but I'm still burning it.

Here is my opinion ranking:
Havi B3 MK1 > M1 ~ VSD1S (different sound signature) > E30  >> TG-38S.

What punches harder? The Dasetn M1 or the M760? I want to make sure my next purchase from Dasetn is as good as possible in terms of the sound signature I prefer. I would like the earbuds to sound more similar to bass from cans - as in thick and present - than thin at some frequencies like the Tingo Croons. I am regretting selling my ANV3SE to a friend now haha. But I want a cheaper version of that anyway since I wouldn't be ok with taking those things outside the house. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #752 of 1,160
  ....The TG-38s is another story, mine still sounds the same (bad) after 50+ hours burn in, but I'm still burning it.

Here is my opinion ranking:
Havi B3 MK1 > M1 ~ VSD1S (different sound signature) > E30  >> TG-38S.

Take a look at this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711844/dasetn-tingo-baldoor-earbuds-reviews-and-impressions/720#post_10622583

You probably have a bad one too. Try drying it up with silica gel desiccants. If this doesn't help, get yourself another pair or move on.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #755 of 1,160
Quick follow-up on the Baldoor Earbell - I have been having fun listening to these. They are so much more powerful and kick out so much more bass than the Sennheiser MX580, without breaking a sweat. The detail level is nice. I paid more than usual for these from a fast-delivery UK seller and I don't regret it ($23). I really wish I had a working Yuin to compare, because I still don't think the Baldoor matches the transparency of the Yuin PK2/PK3. Having said that, they are still very fun and involving to listen to. I am very impatient now for the 328R and TG-38S to arrive so I can A/B against some comparable quality buds.

I'm becoming curious about Hisoundaudio HSA-E350 - I managed to unearth some info about them being positioned between the PAA-1 and PAA-1 Pro and I like the form factor and price. Does anyone have any opinions/experience with these?

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #756 of 1,160
I've tried tha PAA-1 (non pro) and also HSA-350. Both sound pretty good. Nothing really shines on them - I think they sound better than comparable costing buds from the stores (Sony, Phillips, JVC). But the $100 Creative Aurvana Air sounds much better than the HiSoundAudios. The sound is comparable to Dasetn M760. Good quality Chinese buds. I haven't tried the PAA-1 Pro and I'm not going to because I'm not paying over $30 for any pair of buds again.

The physical dimsnsions of the PAA-1 is about the same size as the M760, the HSA-E350 is smaller - both in circumference and depth. HSA-350 is better for ears that the standard Sennheiser housing won't fit into.

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #757 of 1,160
It seems like Dasetn is carrying buds mentioned in this forum - just a few days after we mention them for the first time here. This is a thing that makes me go "hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #758 of 1,160
Just got Tingo TG-38s, upon first impression they offer more clarity than my ANV-3 SEs.

The 38s are more clear in the mids and especially highs than the anv3. However the anv3 has much much more bass weight. The anv3 can be a bit unbalanced towards the lower regions, making it sound dark. If you want more balance with still good bass the be5 does a better job. Although I cannot say that I prefer the anv3 over the be5 or visa versa, I like them both so far for different reasons. Overall mids and highs of the 38s or the tc100 are very clear and transparent, the only other bud that I have that comes close to this is the mx985, however the mx985 has better bass than the 38s and has a less direct sound. But that's is comparing an $90 bud with an $15 bud. The 38s does what it does very good, nothing wrong with the sound quality, it's just lacking in bass quantity.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #759 of 1,160
  It seems like Dasetn is carrying buds mentioned in this forum - just a few days after we mention them for the first time here. This is a thing that makes me go "hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Ya I noticed that too. I originally thought Dasetn was a DIYer who would only sell earbuds he DIYed, but I think he's just becoming a reseller. That's fine though. No complaints from me. If people like the earbuds he stocks then more power to him. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #760 of 1,160
Another Chinese company earbuds that I have tried is Soundmagic. The model I tried is the Soundmagic EP10. Great for $10-$15. Better than the ones in the Big Box Stores, but I still prefer the M760 or TG-38s. Since my purchase of the TG-38s, the Earbell and Dual Driver Tingos have been posted in this thread, along with being offered for sale at Dasetn mere days later.

I don't break earbuds fast enough! My reason for buying more earbuds is usually because I broke one. Since I've joined this thread (less than 2 months ago ), I had just broken a pair of Creatives. Since then. I've ordered 4 buds from Dasetn and only broken one - and that broken one can be fixed if I wanted. 

None of the buds ordered from Dasetn have dissapointed. However, I must add that I still prefer cans - but do switch to the buds periodically (as I am replying to this thread, I am using TG-38s to listen to the 2011 Audiofidelty remastering of Phil Collins' Hello I Must Be Going).

The TG-38s are darker than my cans - but the TG-38s reproduces everything. The midrange sounds a little sucked out, the cymbals sound like they are supposed to (that's something I listen for), and the bass is there - but just not well defined - I can't tell the type of bass that the player is using by sound. I am also using Slicsound covers. The ride cymbal really sounds like a ride cymbal! Definately a good quality bud - just don't expect it to sound like full-sized cans costing 10x more. If you want the sound of Creative Aurvana Live!, you won't get that in any of these buds. Switching from cans immediately to the TIngo's makes the Tingo's sound like crap - but after a while, the Tingo's sound better on their own, once my brain has forgotten what the cans sound like. I do have to switch because my ears get fatigued from using the same head-gear - so buds to cans to buds to cans I keep rotating.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #761 of 1,160
  Another Chinese company earbuds that I have tried is Soundmagic. The model I tried is the Soundmagic EP10. Great for $10-$15. Better than the ones in the Big Box Stores, but I still prefer the M760 or TG-38s. Since my purchase of the TG-38s, the Earbell and Dual Driver Tingos have been posted in this thread, along with being offered for sale at Dasetn mere days later.

I don't break earbuds fast enough! My reason for buying more earbuds is usually because I broke one. Since I've joined this thread (less than 2 months ago ), I had just broken a pair of Creatives. Since then. I've ordered 4 buds from Dasetn and only broken one - and that broken one can be fixed if I wanted. 

None of the buds ordered from Dasetn have dissapointed. However, I must add that I still prefer cans - but do switch to the buds periodically (as I am replying to this thread, I am using TG-38s to listen to the 2011 Audiofidelty remastering of Phil Collins' Hello I Must Be Going).

The TG-38s are darker than my cans - but the TG-38s reproduces everything. The midrange sounds a little sucked out, the cymbals sound like they are supposed to (that's something I listen for), and the bass is there - but just not well defined - I can't tell the type of bass that the player is using by sound. I am also using Slicsound covers. The ride cymbal really sounds like a ride cymbal! Definately a good quality bud - just don't expect it to sound like full-sized cans costing 10x more. If you want the sound of Creative Aurvana Live!, you won't get that in any of these buds. Switching from cans immediately to the TIngo's makes the Tingo's sound like crap - but after a while, the Tingo's sound better on their own, once my brain has forgotten what the cans sound like. I do have to switch because my ears get fatigued from using the same head-gear - so buds to cans to buds to cans I keep rotating.

Can you give a comparison between the Tingo 38S and the Dasetn 760? I just placed an order for the Dasetn 760 hoping to hear more bass and a bit more balanced sound. Since the 760 is as close to a flagship for Dasetn as you can get with his brand, I'm wondering if his latest bud has the power I'm looking for in a portable solution or if there's still a big compromise between buds and cans. I like the Tingo Croons, I just want to add a bit more bass to the sound and hoping the 760 gets me there. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #762 of 1,160
Just did a quick comparison of both the M760 to TG-38s. Both were bought from Dasetn over the last two months. Tingo TG-38s sounds better - more open, more midrange, treble is more sparkly, has more bass. However, the bass on the M760 is more accurate - the M760 bass is just at a lower level compared to the rest of the spectrum. Going right from TG-38s to the M760 (which is not recommended since my ears are still used to the TG-38 signature), the M760 sounds like there's a cup over the earbuds - but that quickly dissipates after my ears acclimate to the M760 signature. M760 has the red cable, I like the cable on the Tingos better.

However, both are good buds. I can see someone preferring the M760 over the TG-38s since they are both competent and my preference for the TG-38s might just be personal. Both are still in rotation and I will continue to use both, along with cans.

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #763 of 1,160
  Just did a quick comparison of both the M760 to TG-38s. Both were bought from Dasetn over the last two months. Tingo TG-38s sounds better - more open, more midrange, treble is more sparkly, has more bass. However, the bass on the M760 is more accurate - the M760 bass is just at a lower level compared to the rest of the spectrum. Going right from TG-38s to the M760 (which is not recommended since my ears are still used to the TG-38 signature), the M760 sounds like there's a cup over the earbuds - but that quickly dissipates after my ears acclimate to the M760 signature. M760 has the red cable, I like the cable on the Tingos better.

However, both are good buds. I can see someone preferring the M760 over the TG-38s since they are both competent and my preference for the TG-38s might just be personal. Both are still in rotation and I will continue to use both, along with cans.

Hmm very interesting thanks. I guess I'll see for myself soon. I think I might as well just splurge and get the Audiotechnica CM707 or MX985 at this rate if the Tingo Croons are really the best I can get for under $30. Don't get me wrong, I do really like them, just not enough bass. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #764 of 1,160
I really liked the sound of the Creative Aurvana Airs - and that was to be my last earbud ever. Then, I broke them and didn't want to pay >$100 for a new pair. This taught me to never pay over $30 again for earbuds. I've broken about 4 other pairs of head-gear that cost over $100. Due to the nature of how I use them, I have to look at these things as a temporary thing that I will eventually break. This is why I'm interested in the cheaper costing  buds/cans. Right now, I've switched back to cans that I built by taking Superlux HD668B drivers and popping them into a $10 band. After listening to the Dasetn M760 or TinGo TG-38s, these cans sound like bass cannons.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #765 of 1,160
  I really liked the sound of the Creative Aurvana Airs - and that was to be my last earbud ever. Then, I broke them and didn't want to pay >$100 for a new pair. This taught me to never pay over $30 again for earbuds. I've broken about 4 other pairs of head-gear that cost over $100. Due to the nature of how I use them, I have to look at these things as a temporary thing that I will eventually break. This is why I'm interested in the cheaper costing  buds/cans. Right now, I've switched back to cans that I built by taking Superlux HD668B drivers and popping them into a $10 band. After listening to the Dasetn M760 or TinGo TG-38s, these cans sound like bass cannons.

I feel the exact same way. I listen to Denons at home but they are extremely fragile (and expensive) to take out, let alone to the gym and every day life. It just seems way more prudent and practical to take good sounding earbuds around with you. I don't like IEMs because they just feel very unnatural and uncomfortable for me. That's why I've been really into earbuds lately. They are just too comfortable and airy. The only problem is always the bass. It's hard to find a powerful earbud that still can pump bass. Hopefully the M760 is a bit better than the Tingo in bass. If Dasetn used the actual drivers of the MX760 with the "windbass" technology then these should be really good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back