Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #781 of 1,160
  i will be selling my TG 38S pair, this type of sound is not for me, though i do like the cable quality very much! price will be the same as i paid, 16usd nut including shipping item location germany , no its most probably to be much faster than aliexpress or dasetn. ill open a classified later, feel free to pm me

What other earbuds do you own jenia1 besides the ANV3 and which ones did you like enough to keep? I am thinking we like similar sound in earbuds so I would like to know which buds you think have adequate bass. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #782 of 1,160
I remarked something totally weird on my second pair of TG-38s (I will test in the first batch tomorrow to confirm), but it sounds a bit less unnatural and voices are a bit less forwarded also while inverting the left and right pair.
I tested on several tracks and especially one with good voices and instrumental, with the same seconds settings, and each time I can see a difference when doing this.
May someone may confirm this also? or it's my brain which is weird ? lol
ph34r.gif

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #783 of 1,160
  I remarked something totally weird on my second pair of TG-38s (I will test in the first batch tomorrow to confirm), but it sounds a bit less unnatural and voices are a bit less forwarded also while inverting the left and right pair.
I tested on several tracks and especially one with good voices and instrumental, with the same seconds settings, and each time I can see a difference when doing this.
May someone may confirm this also? or it's my brain which is weird ? lol
ph34r.gif

Are you asking about the left and right channels being switched? Mine don't do that.
If that's happening to you, you can switch the sides, since the housings are identical on both sides.

Somebody reported before the channel switching, but I think it was on a bad sounding pair.

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #784 of 1,160
All of my head gear is modified - nothing is stock. My avatar is just an example of one of my mods, the cans mods don't look so obvious - but the buds look obvious. I do go back to the M760 sometimes - so I think I'll keep it up there for a while. I also have a mod that inserts buds into a custom molded shell - I might use that as an Avatar someday.

I'd really like to get Dasetn, Tingo's, Earbell, and all of the earbuds we all like into the hands of ClieOS and have him rank them into his already excellenty hierchy of buds!

Jun 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #785 of 1,160
  All of my head gear is modified - nothing is stock. My avatar is just an example of one of my mods, the cans mods don't look so obvious - but the buds look obvious. I do go back to the M760 sometimes - so I think I'll keep it up there for a while. I also have a mod that inserts buds into a custom molded shell - I might use that as an Avatar someday.

I'd really like to get Dasetn, Tingo's, Earbell, and all of the earbuds we all like into the hands of ClieOS and have him rank them into his already excellenty hierchy of buds!

Totally agreed. Can we get Richard Ray to give ClieOS 2-3 sample pieces? M1, M760, and Tingo Croons? I second this idea and already posted it on the original thread. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #786 of 1,160
  The reason why I use covers instead of buying IEMS is because I have bought IEMs - some that use TWFK - and these $15 earbuds with covers sound better than the $150 IEMs. I actually did address this earlier in this thread. I think it is better to pay $15 and use covers and get a better sound rather than spend $150 for IEMs that do not sound as good. I can understand that some people want to spend $150 for something that sounds worse than $15, but I'd rather buy the better sounding $15 part, put a cover on it, and use the rest of the money for something else.

I like your frugality
L3000.gif

However, the covers do affect the sound tremendously, I guarantee it.
All of my wide-bored IEMs sound MUCH better with wide-bored tips - Heaven IV/VI, Sennheiser IE80, RE-262, Piston 2 etc.
When I put the narrow-bored tips on them - they sound way worse, especially the BASS and the mids.
And in this case, the narrow tips usually are smaller by maybe 50% - your covers decrease the area by 90-95%.

The size of the driver is important! If all things are equal - ie distance to ear canal, membrane material - the larger driver is able to have a larger magnetic field - and the increased surface area of the membrane is easier to drive at lower frequencies. It is the laws of physics. Something that is 10mm is going to more difficult to drive at lower frequencies than 50mm. The increased surface area of the larger membrane is going to move more air than something made out the same material but is 400% smaller. It is true that the closer it is to your ear canal, the less the size matters. But it still matters a lot, and to say it doesn't matter is just plain wrong!!!!!

First of all, let's get your math straight. If you take 50mm, and reduce it by 400%, you end up with -150mm.
Second, do you know any earbud with a much  larger diaphragm than TG-38S? You can go may be 10% larger, before it stops fitting in the ear and becomes an on-ear.
Most earbuds have a 13-15mm diaphragm. If the bass would really depend so much on the size, then all these earbuds would have the same bass.
It's all in the tuning, size isn't that important.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #787 of 1,160
I know my mod affects the sound. I don't know why your tone implies that I think that it doesn't.

I know it changes the sound. . .this is why it is called a "mod".

or perhaps you think "mod" doesn't mean modification????!!!

If you want to deny the laws of physics, go ahead. There are students with your attitude that take my class. You seem to be ignoring the phrase I have used "all things being equal" and go about arguing that bass will be different if things aren't equal.

so let me shout what I have said three times that you seem to ignore.

IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL EXCEPT FOR DIAPHRAGM SIZE, THE LARGER DIAPHRAGM WILL PRODUCE MORE BASS.

and of course you are going to go ahead and set up a scenario where things aren't equal - and then say you can find a situation where a smaller diaphragm produces more bass. . .

You can't argue with the laws of physics although I commend you for your effort.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #789 of 1,160

IF ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL EXCEPT FOR DIAPHRAGM SIZE, THE LARGER DIAPHRAGM WILL PRODUCE MORE BASS.

and of course you are going to go ahead and set up a scenario where things aren't equal - and then say you can find a situation where a smaller diaphragm produces more bass. . .

You can't argue with the laws of physics although I commend you for your effort.

Unless you think you can shove the 50mm diaphragm into your ear the same way as the 13-15mm diaphragm, this is meaningless.

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #790 of 1,160
But if you really are interested in arguing about diaphragm size, we should start another topic exclusively about that.

However, I think a topic about how to calculate percent is probably not a good idea, at least on head-fi.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #795 of 1,160
  What other earbuds do you own jenia1 besides the ANV3 and which ones did you like enough to keep? I am thinking we like similar sound in earbuds so I would like to know which buds you think have adequate bass. 

i own the ANV3se not the ANV3, beside that  i will disappoint you because i own only pk2 ,TG38S and blox BI3 iem.  my JL1 are gonna be released from customs soon,they are very likely to be actually the JL1 and not TC00, but after hearing the 38S my hopes are not sky high, though time will tell...
like i said before, ANV3se beats TG38S by the mile..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back