Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 13, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #811 of 1,160
I' m a bit disappointed from dasetn site. I 've ordered m760 on 28 May and they gave me a tracking number. Today we have 13 of June. Checking the tracking number it says that the item is still being processed for delivery to addresse which is in Singapore. Singapore is not my country . I've emailed the customer support as well as the owner but i got no response. The earbuds and money are probably gone. Decided to order tg-38s from aliexpress this time instead of dasetn

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #812 of 1,160
  I' m a bit disappointed from dasetn site. I 've ordered m760 on 28 May and they gave me a tracking number. Today we have 13 of June. Checking the tracking number it says that the item is still being processed for delivery to addresse which is in Singapore. Singapore is not my country . I've emailed the customer support as well as the owner but i got no response. The earbuds and money are probably gone. Decided to order tg-38s from aliexpress this time instead of dasetn

hey shak, we're on the same boat. Mine was ordered 4/28 and it has not arrived yet until today! I tried emailing dasetn 3 times already and got no response. Who is this Richard? I've read his name around this thread but I forgot particularly where. Is he the owner of Dasetn.com? Appreciate if he can respond to us and clarify the situation. Richard, any help or assistance here on the delay of our orders. The M760 and M1 that I ordered also from Dasetn are assumingly en route. I ordered them a bit later but I just hope I will not suffer again the mishap that I am having with the Tingos. Btw, I already ordered again from Aliexpress and hope it will arrive this time. 

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #813 of 1,160
  hey shak, we're on the same boat. Mine was ordered 4/28 and it has not arrived yet until today! I tried emailing dasetn 3 times already and got no response. Who is this Richard? I've read his name around this thread but I forgot particularly where. Is he the owner of Dasetn.com? Appreciate if he can respond to us and clarify the situation. Richard, any help or assistance here on the delay of our orders. The M760 and M1 that I ordered also from Dasetn are assumingly en route. I ordered them a bit later but I just hope I will not suffer again the mishap that I am having with the Tingos. Btw, I already ordered again from Aliexpress and hope it will arrive this time. 

Did you check the tracking number from Order status and history i think ? Mine is shipped to another country . 

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #814 of 1,160
  Did you check the tracking number from Order status and history i think ? Mine is shipped to another country . 

I got this from their website FAQ: http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml It shows you the tracking status of the item. Luckily, it seems mine has entered my country last 5/14 but my local post office has not received it yet. It might still be in the primary receiving office which I don't know where. I have been in contact with the local post office here but I will try to ask how the process goes and if they could provide a contact number of the primary office. That's the next step that I will take but better if Richard (assuming he's from Dasetn) can at least provide clarification on the unresponsiveness of their customer support.

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #815 of 1,160

I got this from their website FAQ: http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml It shows you the tracking status of the item. Luckily, it seems mine has entered my country last 5/14 but my local post office has not received it yet. It might still be in the primary receiving office which I don't know where. I have been in contact with the local post office here but I will try to ask how the process goes and if they could provide a contact number of the primary office. That's the next step that I will take but better if Richard (assuming he's from Dasetn) can at least provide clarification on the unresponsiveness of their customer support.

Yes their customer service is really bad. Penonaudio was great whenever i needed assistance but dasetn is bad , and the fact that they shipped my m760 to another country it's a really big mistake

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #816 of 1,160

PM Richard Ray here. He usually checks his PMs every 2-3 days and has apparently resolved any customer support issues people have had on Dasetn.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/375683/richard-ray

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #817 of 1,160
  PM Richard Ray here. He usually checks his PMs every 2-3 days and has apparently resolved any customer support issues people have had on Dasetn.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/375683/richard-ray

Thanks for the info my friend.

I've sent him a pm , hopefuly this can be resolved somehow

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #818 of 1,160
Thanks goldenSHK. I'll try to get in touch with him if he does not respond via this thread.

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #819 of 1,160

Did you pay with Paypal? You have a 45 day window to request a refund.

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #820 of 1,160

Did you pay with Paypal? You have a 45 day window to request a refund.

I will wait until one month passes since order took place and ask for a refund 

Thanks BenF

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #821 of 1,160
  I've tried tha PAA-1 (non pro) and also HSA-350. Both sound pretty good. Nothing really shines on them - I think they sound better than comparable costing buds from the stores (Sony, Phillips, JVC). But the $100 Creative Aurvana Air sounds much better than the HiSoundAudios. The sound is comparable to Dasetn M760. Good quality Chinese buds. I haven't tried the PAA-1 Pro and I'm not going to because I'm not paying over $30 for any pair of buds again.

The physical dimsnsions of the PAA-1 is about the same size as the M760, the HSA-E350 is smaller - both in circumference and depth. HSA-350 is better for ears that the standard Sennheiser housing won't fit into.

Many thanks for your opinions. I think I'll hang tight on ordering some until I've checked out the ones already on their way to me. I just realised I spent $70 on a few pairs in the last week :)

I agree with you - I'm also done with spending over $30 on earbuds maybe unless the cable is somehow proven to be amazingly durable. I just can't accept the quality of some of these cables when cables for previous Sony and Sennheiser buds have been indestructible. The worst I've found are the Yuin-style 'coated wire' which is impossible to re-solder with a new plug. I mean come on - at least allow it to be repairable if it's going to break in 6 months. Is there any way of getting meaningful feedback to these companies?

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #822 of 1,160
I think I prefer to stop burning my second pair, and make a final judgement about what I think on this TG-38s.

I decided to stop burning process because they sounds the exact same as right open from the box since the beginning (so did my first pair also).

I will focus directly on the sound for my final sum-up, and of course write this after hard testing my second batch.
Second batch that will finally sounds the exact same as my first one. My previous thought on my second batch was wrong, maybe due to too much “hopeness”, and the fact that I really would have another pair to not sound the same as my first one on which I was terribly disappointed at first sight.

Highs are still sibilant and crisp. That’s a fact. But they can be technical in some musics and make a very good moment of enjoyment. To be honest, those highs are too much forwarded and I agree that even lowering them a bit via EQ does no more provide quality highs (anyway I’am not a fan of reducing anything via EQ).

Mediums are very good, probably the most thing I enjoyed on these earbuds. I can hear some details in some rare musics that I, until now, never heard at all. Due to this good level of mediums, I found the sound more sounding to “pop” and “live” thing, than any of the other buds I tried until now. One thing for sure is that your brain need to settle down during a long period of listening to get accommodate with TG-38s to appreciate his quality, but I’ve been too used of V signature earbuds.

Bass part is the worse about these earbuds. Without any (BIG) EQ help, they sounds inexistent. With EQ, they can be here but clearly not plays with the same level quality of PK1. Basses of PK1 are like full cans, very impressive for an earbud. On 38s it’s anemic, but not undetailed. They can be some kind of quality and technical in some musics also but you will never reach PK1 capabilities. If you’re a basshead lover, forget 38s.

I think there is something magic in TG-38s, because they does not sound bad for the price. I recommend it for “live” concert listening, pop musics, and general musics that don’t have plenty of bass, which is rarely the kind of I listen to, that’s why I will stay with my “king of earbud” Yuin PK1’s.

Thanks BenF to let us discovering these tingos.

If anyone is interested, I’am selling both of my TG-38s pairs since they clearly does not fit to my listening taste. I will sell them same price as I paid, so delivery will be much faster than waiting a month or two to receive them. Items location are from France. Anyone PM me if interested.

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #824 of 1,160
... Second batch that will finally sounds the exact same as my first one. My previous thought on my second batch was wrong, maybe due to too much “hopeness”, and the fact that I really would have another pair to not sound the same as my first one on which I was terribly disappointed at first sight.

Wasn't your first one making crackling noises? Do you hear them on the second one as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back