Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 9, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #721 of 1,160
Thank you very much guys for your tips, I will try this and stay you tuned!
smile_phones.gif

'laters

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #722 of 1,160
  But why would you use donut foams(a center hole mod) as they are to increase treble/lessen bass/help with clarity by letting treble through unobstructed?  You are pushing the buds in the wrong direction from what you want them to be.

I am okay with denser foams and a bit of EQ which the TG38S take well enough. You might want to actually take some electrical tape and cover up more holes except for the ones closer to your ear canal to warm them up.

Originally Posted by BenF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now, after being packed for a few weeks with silica gel packets in a clamshell box, it sounds indistinguishable from the "good" pair. The problem was not a manufacturing defect, but an extra humidity it gained during shipping, affecting the diaphragm.

You should try this too, may be you have the same problem. If this doesn't pass in 5-6 weeks, they are defective.

Pretty interesting tips guys, thanks for sharing.
If possible, may you please post a little picture(s) to see how to do that, so I will see better.

Many thanks in advance

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #724 of 1,160
I took out my TG-38S again for a recent listen, after having put them away for the last 10 days or so.  First to note a few observations to answer a few poster questions.  The TG-38S are reasonably efficient, comparable to my Dasetn M760 and sligtly more efficient than Blox TM7.  I would not consider them to be bassheads by any stretch.

Upon this listen, no real change to my prior impression - the lowest ranking of my earbud collection.  But now I've noticed some further insights.  To me, the TG-38S are some of the most unnatural sounding earbuds (or any earphone to that matter) I've ever heard.  Nothing sounds like real music as i know it.  Highs are ultra-extended to the point of sibilant; lows sound a bit boosted to a loose, muddy effect. For one example, I've listened to Katherine Jenkins live before and being a mezzo-soprano, she has a heavier, darker tone than sopranos.  Listening to some tracks on TM7 and M760, I recall that tone I heard live.  With the TG-38S, she sounds more like a weak soprano with the artifical treble boost.  On a positive note, TG-38S possess detail retrieval in spades.  I am able to pick out certain subtle details in the music more readily. So my final thought on TG-38S is unnatural and not musically true tonewise.

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #725 of 1,160
Baldoor Earbell arrived today - initial impressions re: sound quality are very good. The only direct comparison I can make right now is with Sennheiser MX580 - the Baldoor is a huge improvement. Way better imaging and detail, seems much easier to drive. It provides a decent amount of bass which doesn't distort. It does sound a little bit EQ'd in the mids but it's maybe a preference thing - warmth vs. silky detail. I'm not sure it's as good as the Yuins - I can't make a direct comparison but it didn't wow me in the same way.

The package was pretty good but the supplied foams are a sickly beige colour. Not a problem as I have a good amount of black foams. Cable seems pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the way the cable comes out of the buds - it brushes against my earlobes in a way that I can see becoming annoying, but I can't say for sure yet.

I'm looking forward to comparing these against TG-38S and BEB 328R. I may try fixing the cable on my DIY PK2 to make a further comparison.

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #726 of 1,160
Hey guys I'm going to place an order on Dasetn later today and I want to know what the general consensus is that the Dasetn 760 is better or the M1? I am unsure which one to get, but what is important to me is bass and soundstage/airiness. Something that is hard to find together. Basically, I want to know what is the consensus on the best earbud Dasetn currently has for sale. I know BenF thinks it is the Tingo Croons, but I already have those so something else (besides, I think most others would not agree that the Croons are the best anyway). 

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #727 of 1,160
  Baldoor Earbell arrived today - initial impressions re: sound quality are very good. The only direct comparison I can make right now is with Sennheiser MX580 - the Baldoor is a huge improvement. Way better imaging and detail, seems much easier to drive. It provides a decent amount of bass which doesn't distort. It does sound a little bit EQ'd in the mids but it's maybe a preference thing - warmth vs. silky detail. I'm not sure it's as good as the Yuins - I can't make a direct comparison but it didn't wow me in the same way.

The package was pretty good but the supplied foams are a sickly beige colour. Not a problem as I have a good amount of black foams. Cable seems pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the way the cable comes out of the buds - it brushes against my earlobes in a way that I can see becoming annoying, but I can't say for sure yet.

I'm looking forward to comparing these against TG-38S and BEB 328R. I may try fixing the cable on my DIY PK2 to make a further comparison.

Does Earbell's grill look like this

or like this:

The first one is from an older version, which probably sounds different.
The new version comes with black doughnut foams.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #728 of 1,160
Jun 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #729 of 1,160
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #732 of 1,160
  If anyone has tried the Tingo TG800 (Sennheiser IE800 ripoffs) please let me know how they sound because I was considering them before buying earbuds from Dasetn/Aliexpress/Blox.

It's tuned to be even brighter than IE800.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #733 of 1,160
I wonder if they tune everything brighter. It kinda seems that way. Someone needs to try one of their in-ears but maybe start cheaper like the TG-IE60 or TG-CKS55.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #735 of 1,160
Just received my second batch (from Aliexpress this time), which arrived much faster than Dasetn btw.

Tried them out directly right out of the box and .. *surprise* .. they sound better than my first batch!

Sound looks a bit more warmer, bass is more present and no more crackling in any of earbud side, highs are no more crazy sibilant and well more controlled. Now, most of my musics are finally listenable! Soundstage looks the same signature (still "Live" but less pronounced) as my first batch, and  mediums looks the exact same, which was already at a very good level. There is still a background noise when connected to my E11 (when no music listening), which is also the exact same as my first batch.
I will finally maybe change my mind about these TG-38s. I will report and make final conclusion in 200 hours maximum of burning about this second batch. My first batch has now 120+ hours of burning and sound still badly. So I think I really had a defective one. I hope you guys who will wait for their second batch will get a good one also like me.

Later's
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back