Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #646 of 1,160
  I am looking for something more of like "the ultimate earbud" which does almost everything right. I was hoping the Tingo Croons would be that bud, but the reviews seem so mixed. After listening to them myself, I think they are a fantastic value, great buds, but I am unsure what you saw in them to say they are the king of buds in your ranking? 

The cable quality is FANTASTIC. I really like it. But is it as good as the Dasetn 760 and Dasetn M1? I have not heard those yet. 

EDIT: After playing around with the fit of the TG38S, I think a lot of the bass issue is the large fit that doesn't provide an ideal seal. I think the driver does have the power to pump bass but not enough for the average distance the shell is located from the eardrum.

Can someone who has a 'good pair' of Tingo Croons compare them to the Blox M2C? How do they fair? 

Are you trying to angle the driver towards the ear canal?

TG-38S are better than M760, M1 or M2C, but not everyone likes their signature.
For these people , the EarBell is a perfect choice (now that TG-JL1 is no longer available).
It's as close to an "ultimate earbud" as you can get. It beats the 160$ Yuin PK1, one of the most praised earbuds ever.

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #647 of 1,160

Are you trying to angle the driver towards the ear canal?

TG-38S are better than M760, M1 or M2C, but not everyone likes their signature.
For these people , the EarBell is a perfect choice (now that TG-JL1 is no longer available).
It's as close to an "ultimate earbud" as you can get. It beats the 160$ Yuin PK1, one of the most praised earbuds ever.

You mean the Tingo Croons TG38S beat the PK1? I wish I had the PK1 for comparison then. What do you think of the TG38S in terms of soundstage vs. PK1? 

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #648 of 1,160
  You mean the Tingo Croons TG38S beat the PK1? I wish I had the PK1 for comparison then. What do you think of the TG38S in terms of soundstage vs. PK1? 

I meant the Earbell.

I'll taks TG-38S over PK1 too, but their signatures are very different.
TG-38s has a much larger soundstage than PK1.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #649 of 1,160
It seems to me that there are many people who owned the Earbell have build quality issues with them though..  A lot of feedback are that they break apart and failed after a month or two of use. Odd, given how the build quality may seem solid..

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #650 of 1,160
  I meant the Earbell.

I'll taks TG-38S over PK1 too, but their signatures are very different.
TG-38s has a much larger soundstage than PK1.

Wow, I would never have thought the TG38S would have a larger soundstage than the PK1. 

Dasetn really REALLY needs to send review samples of the TG38S, M1, and 760 to someone like Tyll so we can get a comparison the community holds in high regards. Does Richard Ray see these posts? 

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #652 of 1,160
  It seems to me that there are many people who owned the Earbell have build quality issues with them though..  A lot of feedback are that they break apart and failed after a month or two of use. Odd, given how the build quality may seem solid..

"many people who owned the Earbell" - where did you see these people?
Taobao is full of praise.

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #657 of 1,160

I just tried again my TG-38s this morning after his first 16 hours of burn-in.
Same status as before, sound is the same as opening from box for now, bass is totally anemic (not punchy at all, very soft and poor), other frequencies also excepted still sibilant highs. Highs looks technical and pretty interesting although.
I'am wondering if I'am the only one here to think that TG-38s is more sounding "live", is this normal? it's like I'am watching a live concert in every musics I listen to. Maybe it could be due to my own pair.
Moreover it sounds to me a bit like if we put an EQ to "pop" thing by default, maybe because I'am used to "V" signature earbuds?
One another thing, is the sound power. I have to put each of my sources at a very high volume to expect a low/normal sound from these tingos. So I confirm I have the same problem as pokenguyen. Even my PK1 with 160ohms without amp are less demanding to get a normal volume sound.
Let's now still continuing burn-in process.

lol another same here =))
cant deny that its "better" after about 150 hours burnin "BUT" still reasonable for "less than $15 bracket and no more", sound just got a bit more coherent and treble is a little bit smoother, thats all.
gonna give it a last 50hours but dotn believe that "burn-in" can totally change a bad one become "god" 
p/s: to me the m760 is what tingo trys to be but totally fail =)) and its definitely not "dark,warm,etc", this is what i got with a new m760 vs 100 hours burnt-in tingo

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #658 of 1,160

Most of the reviews there aren't even for E100.
Good sign for Baldoor's quality though - 599 "praise" ratings, 66 "average" and only 26 "poor"

Coolios 
Didnt realize that they didnt separate the items my bad 
tongue.gif

I'm interested in the one with mic option to buy as a gift for my friend
That's why a bit cautious, don't want to give something to friends only to have them broken within a month or two that'd be awkward lol
But the aliexpress seller sure has some weird pricing!
US$19.99 for E100
US$34.99 + $8.12 shipping fee for E100 with microphone! 
angry_face.gif

I mean, come on! just because of a microphone that weighs barely anything more?
Have messaged the seller hoping they'll readjust the pricing accordingly

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #659 of 1,160
  Coolios 
Didnt realize that they didnt separate the items my bad 
tongue.gif

I'm interested in the one with mic option to buy as a gift for my friend
That's why a bit cautious, don't want to give something to friends only to have them broken within a month or two that'd be awkward lol
But the aliexpress seller sure has some weird pricing!
US$19.99 for E100
US$34.99 + $8.12 shipping fee for E100 with microphone! 
angry_face.gif

I mean, come on! just because of a microphone that weighs barely anything more?
Have messaged the seller hoping they'll readjust the pricing accordingly

The original price for E100 was 23.99$ plus 8.12$ shipping - so not such a big difference.
I have negotiated with the seller, and he took the price down.

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #660 of 1,160
  lol another same here =))
cant deny that its "better" after about 150 hours burnin "BUT" still reasonable for "less than $15 bracket and no more", sound just got a bit more coherent and treble is a little bit smoother, thats all.
gonna give it a last 50hours but dotn believe that "burn-in" can totally change a bad one become "god" 
p/s: to me the m760 is what tingo trys to be but totally fail =)) and its definitely not "dark,warm,etc", this is what i got with a new m760 vs 100 hours burnt-in tingo

TG-38S isn't trying to be M760, it's doing its own thing.
You likely have a bad pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back