Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #632 of 1,160
PK1 sounds a lot better without the channel imbalance
biggrin.gif

It's still quite veiled, so I don't think it will end up near the top.
Probably, it'ss be around M760

It's amazing to me how a 16$ Earbell beats a 160$ PK1.
Both companies are Chinese - it's not like we are talking Sennheiser here, where you are paying for the name.
Build quality alone is an order of magnitude better.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #636 of 1,160
  I'm on like 37/120 on my x5 with the tingo and 50/120 with the havi, on the galaxy s3 I was around 30% with the tg-38s and 50% with the b3. On the dragonfly v1.0 I am like on 6 on windows volume mixer thing with tingos and 16 on the havis.

So the probability that I get a defective unit is very high. I will still post the impression after 200 burn in.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #637 of 1,160
  If you think the bass is anemic - something is fishy. Are you using ear foams? If you manipulate the TIngos so they are pointing towards your ear canal - and then make the seal better by pushing them against your ear - see if you get more bass.

but if your bass is still anemic after that - I suspect you have a defective pair.

I just tried again my TG-38s this morning after his first 16 hours of burn-in.
Same status as before, sound is the same as opening from box for now, bass is totally anemic (not punchy at all, very soft and poor), other frequencies also excepted still sibilant highs. Highs looks technical and pretty interesting although.
I'am wondering if I'am the only one here to think that TG-38s is more sounding "live", is this normal? it's like I'am watching a live concert in every musics I listen to. Maybe it could be due to my own pair.
Moreover it sounds to me a bit like if we put an EQ to "pop" thing by default, maybe because I'am used to "V" signature earbuds?
One another thing, is the sound power. I have to put each of my sources at a very high volume to expect a low/normal sound from these tingos. So I confirm I have the same problem as pokenguyen. Even my PK1 with 160ohms without amp are less demanding to get a normal volume sound.
Let's now still continuing burn-in process.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #638 of 1,160

I just tried again my TG-38s this morning after his first 16 hours of burn-in.
Same status as before, sound is the same as opening from box for now, bass is totally anemic (not punchy at all, very soft and poor), other frequencies also excepted still sibilant highs. Highs looks technical and pretty interesting although.
I'am wondering if I'am the only one here to think that TG-38s is more sounding "live", is this normal? it's like I'am watching a live concert in every musics I listen to. Maybe it could be due to my own pair.
Moreover it sounds to me a bit like if we put an EQ to "pop" thing by default, maybe because I'am used to "V" signature earbuds?
One another thing, is the sound power. I have to put each of my sources at a very high volume to expect a low/normal sound from these tingos. So I confirm I have the same problem as pokenguyen. Even my PK1 with 160ohms without amp are less demanding to get a normal volume sound.
Let's now still continuing burn-in process.

for me, yes. it's the most live sounding earbud i ever heard. and it's the magic there.......

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #639 of 1,160
Well, given the tg38s a try, and it sounds slightly worse than my diy pk2. Needs a little more power as well. The bass is slightly less, although vocals stand out a little better. I'll give it a try with classical later. I think I am hearing a little more detail than dasetn's take on the pk2, but I'm not sure.

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #640 of 1,160
Well, given the tg38s a try, and it sounds slightly worse than my diy pk2. Needs a little more power as well. The bass is slightly less, although vocals stand out a little better. I'll give it a try with classical later. I think I am hearing a little more detail than dasetn's take on the pk2, but I'm not sure.

The bass does leave much to be desired. It's a more mid/hi centric bud which I was hoping for a more balanced bud. 

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #643 of 1,160

If you want a more balanced earbud, Baldoor EarBell is the way to go.

I am looking for something more of like "the ultimate earbud" which does almost everything right. I was hoping the Tingo Croons would be that bud, but the reviews seem so mixed. After listening to them myself, I think they are a fantastic value, great buds, but I am unsure what you saw in them to say they are the king of buds in your ranking? 

The cable quality is FANTASTIC. I really like it. But is it as good as the Dasetn 760 and Dasetn M1? I have not heard those yet. 

EDIT: After playing around with the fit of the TG38S, I think a lot of the bass issue is the large fit that doesn't provide an ideal seal. I think the driver does have the power to pump bass but not enough for the average distance the shell is located from the eardrum.

Can someone who has a 'good pair' of Tingo Croons compare them to the Blox M2C? How do they fair? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back