Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #601 of 1,160
When you ordered, it was already the 16th in China...
These should be the lucky ones:

Ben, I think I'm one of those three but I already received mine and it's a TC100. Does this mean I will still receive the JL1? That'll be great.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #602 of 1,160
When you ordered, it was already the 16th in China...
These should be the lucky ones:

Well I am on that list. Initials check out and order time is the same as my order on the Ali express page. Yet I already have the TC100. So maybe the other 2 and another 3th are lucky but not me I guess. I will soon have 2 TC100 (I ordered one from dasetn). Not too bad of course since they are good buds, however it would have been nice to have that sound in a pk1 form factor.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #603 of 1,160
Well I am on that list. Initials check out and order time is the same as my order on the Ali express page. Yet I already have the TC100. So maybe the other 2 and another 3th are lucky but not me I guess. I will soon have 2 TC100 (I ordered one from dasetn). Not too bad of course since they are good buds, however it would have been nice to have that sound in a pk1 form factor.

I thought you were F.D. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #604 of 1,160
Quote:
Ben, I think I'm one of those three but I already received mine and it's a TC100. Does this mean I will still receive the JL1? That'll be great.

You are not gonna get 2 great earbuds for the price of one
biggrin.gif

The seller told me that about 5 TC100 were sent (one buyer will get 2 of them). That leaves 3 more buyers that still have a chance for TG-JL1.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #605 of 1,160
I will take 2 for the price of one any day :wink:

My only gripe is that I will have 2 TC100s. I feel the aliexpress seller should have notified us about the swap. Although for me it is not enough to start a dispute. The TC100 sounds good and maybe even better than the JL1. I only wish the L and R markings were more clear.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #606 of 1,160
  Quote:

You are not gonna get 2 great earbuds for the price of one
biggrin.gif

The seller told me that about 5 TC100 were sent (one buyer will get 2 of them). That leaves 3 more buyers that still have a chance for TG-JL1.

Haha. I know it's too good to be true but if that's the case then why not. 
cool.gif

My TC100 is still burning in and upon first listen, I find it thicker and smooth sounding with a sense of openness due to the midrange being just a bit behind or distant. It's not bad in general but for some recordings that are originally meant to sound farther from the listener will be even farther sounding and quieter. I guess that effect contributes to a good soundstage and resolution. I just noticed that there are instances where the sound seems coming from afar with a vibration-like effect. Have not heard it before but I find it nice and makes the notes to be "more alive" in a sense. Sorry but I'm not that expert when it comes to describing sounds. I'm just a commoner describing how I hear things with this earbud. I just can't imagine how this will sound with the Studio V when it arrives. I will try the donut foams that I have later and see if it makes any difference with the sound signature. The burn-in continues...

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #607 of 1,160
I'm not going to post any detailed impressions probably until the weekend, but after finishing some good burn in on these Tingo Croons TG-38S earbuds, I've got to say...I'm very impressed. This is quite good. I was very concerned about the completely mixed reviews spanning both ends of the spectrum, but now I think it could just be a quality control issue. These are really good for $15. I'll post real impressions after a bit more listening. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #609 of 1,160
I finally received my pair of TG-38s today.
Had a quick listen right out of the box but after all those weeks of hope, it looks turning into a nightmare!
Sound is a pure joke on my pair. It remembers me very bad sound quality earbuds that cames with old walkmans. Bass is inexistant, middles are almost inexistant also, and highs are boosted like never and anyway are bad.
Awei ES10 sounds just fantastic for 1/3 of the price of these TG-38s, and definitely not plays in the same court.
I just hope I didn't received a defective pair ?! but currently so disapointed by these, excepted build quality (housing is the same as Blox TM7, and quality of the cable itself (+ plugs) is the one of the best I ever had.
But I hope I didn't paid only for getting a quality cable, so let now begin my custom burning process. I will report back in at least 200 hours of proper burn-in.
Cheers'

My current standing of earbuds (for now) :
Blox TM7 (sold) > Awei ES10 > Yuin PK1 > Yuin PK3 (sold) > Tingo TG-38s

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #611 of 1,160
^So Strange with the Tingo TG-38s. Like myself, I did not like them at all, though others love them. I swear there must be two different batches of these or something^.

Exactly, that's why I ordered a second pair from Aliexpress this time, so batches should be different (I hope).
Tingo compagny looks not developping stable products then, because I ordered 2 batch of Awei ES10 at more than 1 month of interval and they both sound the exact same.
We all want BenF TG-38s's then ! :D

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #612 of 1,160
Speaking of waiting on orders from China... I'm waiting on a Dasetn DIY pk3, and just saw the delivery estimate. Nearly 2 months! I'm sure it'll take a lot less, the last thing I ordered from China took 9 days, but I figure 3 weeks should be reasonable.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #613 of 1,160
  I finally received my pair of TG-38s today.
Had a quick listen right out of the box but after all those weeks of hope, it looks turning into a nightmare!
Sound is a pure joke on my pair. It remembers me very bad sound quality earbuds that cames with old walkmans. Bass is inexistant, middles are almost inexistant also, and highs are boosted like never and anyway are bad.
Awei ES10 sounds just fantastic for 1/3 of the price of these TG-38s, and definitely not plays in the same court.
I just hope I didn't received a defective pair ?! but currently so disapointed by these, excepted build quality (housing is the same as Blox TM7, and quality of the cable itself (+ plugs) is the one of the best I ever had.
But I hope I didn't paid only for getting a quality cable, so let now begin my custom burning process. I will report back in at least 200 hours of proper burn-in.
Cheers'

My current standing of earbuds (for now) :
Blox TM7 (sold) > Awei ES10 > Yuin PK1 > Yuin PK3 (sold) > Tingo TG-38s

I'm extremely surprised by this as well. I am so far really enjoying my Tingo Croons. How is the soundstage on your pair? I would say mine are pretty good for a decent earbud. Clearly out of your head and wide. Not nearly as good as full sized $500+ cans like Ultrasone ED8 and Pro 900, but I think these are worth way more than $15. I'm really confused at the massive difference in sound quality reports.  

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #615 of 1,160
TG-38 might have a quality control issue. To me, they sound fabulous - they are among the best IEMs/earbuds I've ever heard. However, many cans do surpass them (I feel that way about cans in general).

The bass is definitely there. Very midrangey, and sparkly treble (started out as sibilance, but burn-in took care of that) and also very very very efficient. They are the most efficient head device that I have - and I have a lot of head-gear - although my list is very short compared to some on the head-fi site!

Check the efficiency of your TG-38. If they are not among the most efficient buds you have ever heard, there might be a quality control issue. With the M760, it was fortunate that someone received both a good pair and a poopy pair - so it was definite that there were at least two different versions - with the same name and casing. So far, people love or hate the TG-38 - we just haven't had the case where someone gets both a good and poopy pair - so we can’t yet conclude about the quality control issue. 

Compared to the M1, M760, M3, and TG-38s - my TG-38s is the most efficient of the bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back