Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jun 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #676 of 1,160
Now my Tingo TG38s have arrived and... well, they sound pretty good, but I have to agree with some that they are way to focused on upper mids and treble. To me, Dasetn M1 sound much more balanced. I hope the overall harshness of my TG38s will tone down a step or two. Otherwise they will find a place in the drawer next to my Hisoundaudio Living, an earbud model that have a somewhat similar sound. However, I paid only around $20 for the TG38s while I paid $99 for the Headsoundaudio Living (regular price was $149 but I got my pair $50 off...)

I also bought a pair of Awei ES10 and they sound pretty good for the price. I might keep them as a spare earbud for my wife when/if her pair of Sony MDR-E741 break. She'll like the bass of the ES10.

On they way I've got a pair of Tingo TC00 from Dasetn and a pair of Baldoor E100 and a pair of KZ OMX2 (the looks remind me a bit of Dasetn AP8). It's fun to try out cheap Chinese brands that sometimes sound very good for the low price. There's always the lure of finding something that sounds spectacular without emptying my wallet in the process...

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #677 of 1,160
A little time to take a few quick shots of the TC100...

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #679 of 1,160
Well, went for a walk with the TG38S. It actually handles classical music well enough I don't dislike it, which is honestly more than could be said about at least 1 highly recommended headphone for that genre. Also just ordered the Baldoor, hoping I like it.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #680 of 1,160
Well, went for a walk with the TG38S. It actually handles classical music well enough I don't dislike it, which is honestly more than could be said about at least 1 highly recommended headphone for that genre. Also just ordered the Baldoor, hoping I like it.

problem is with rock generes , its sounds like a big mess to me..

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #681 of 1,160
I think all this makes me really look forward to Hifiman's ear bud. I'm not sure they have made a single product that wasn't well done. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #682 of 1,160
  Now my Tingo TG38s have arrived and... well, they sound pretty good, but I have to agree with some that they are way to focused on upper mids and treble. To me, Dasetn M1 sound much more balanced. I hope the overall harshness of my TG38s will tone down a step or two. Otherwise they will find a place in the drawer next to my Hisoundaudio Living, an earbud model that have a somewhat similar sound. However, I paid only around $20 for the TG38s while I paid $99 for the Headsoundaudio Living (regular price was $149 but I got my pair $50 off...)

I also bought a pair of Awei ES10 and they sound pretty good for the price. I might keep them as a spare earbud for my wife when/if her pair of Sony MDR-E741 break. She'll like the bass of the ES10.

On they way I've got a pair of Tingo TC00 from Dasetn and a pair of Baldoor E100 and a pair of KZ OMX2 (the looks remind me a bit of Dasetn AP8). It's fun to try out cheap Chinese brands that sometimes sound very good for the low price. There's always the lure of finding something that sounds spectacular without emptying my wallet in the process...

I always feel like I agree with everything you say haha. I agree that the Tingo TG38S is really too mid/hi centric. Otherwise, I think the soundstage and imaging qualities are quite good. Maybe modding the inner casing can fix the problem. But, as of right now, to me they are just "very good earbuds but ones that lack bass." 

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #683 of 1,160

The harshness will come down a bit and the mids will clear up more.

ES10 is very good for the price, but not as good as the 15$ earbuds. The tone of many instruments is off by a mile, especially with string instruments.

I've ordered KZ OMX2 couple of weeks ago, looks like it may have the same dual diaphragm that TG-JL1/TC100 have.

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #685 of 1,160

Did it fall a victim of TG-38S?

nah i dont think so, i still find the ANV3se having a wider spectrum, TG-38S a bit "lacking" and kinda pushing forward the mid/high side of the EQ thus requiring lots of EQ tweaking .
frankly i dont know how u put them at 1st place in your reviews, i guess its due to different people having different tastes, and hearing
i just figured out id be much safer with a cheaper bud by my side , if anything bad happens it can be easily replaced
speaking of which, i never actually agreed with your review that anv3se>pk2 . ive been using pk2 since the year i joined this forum, 2008. and once i got my anv3se which was the last batch they were selling i was literally blown away by the amount of how much better thery sound than the pk2, i think a >> sign would be more appropriate in that case

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #687 of 1,160
... speaking of which, i never actually agreed with your review that anv3se>pk2 . ive been using pk2 since the year i joined this forum, 2008. and once i got my anv3se which was the last batch they were selling i was literally blown away by the amount of how much better thery sound than the pk2, i think a >> sign would be more appropriate in that case

So you disagree that ANV3SE is better than PK2 by saying that it is much better?

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #688 of 1,160
  Does a basshead earbud even exist or is the best bass earbuds can pump out "balanced bass?" 

It all comes down to fit. If you can position TG-38S in such a way that good seal is achieved - it definitely can be described as a bass-head earbud.
You may still need to use bass boost to get it to the level you want, but the driver is capable of punching pretty hard.

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #689 of 1,160
  Does a basshead earbud even exist or is the best bass earbuds can pump out "balanced bass?" 

Yeah I think strong bass is very difficult to do with earbuds. Those that do have warmer bass also tend to be less reliable (including the PK1 which are very prone to rattling etc. after 1 year or so).

Speaking of unreliability, my Tingo TC100 arrived - definitely most disappointing purchase so far. Massive amounts of rattling in the right driver and horrible thin sound - which doesn't match up with other people's impressions so I must have a faulty pair.

I bought from dasetn and they never got back to me last time when I had a faulty M760 (had to go through paypal after no reply) so I'll try aliexpress.com next.

So my rankings so far... (I'll hold off on impressions of the TC100 until I hear a 'good pair')

BE5>M1>ANV3se>TG-38s>M760>M3>AP8

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #690 of 1,160

So you disagree that ANV3SE is better than PK2 by saying that it is much better?

as funky as it  sounds yes, since you have used both > and >> sign i think the >> is more appropriate in that case. but thats not crucial, so lets drop this out
having not heard the other buds, i would still rank the ANV3se above the TG-38S, keeping other buds out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back