Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #11,116 of 14,518
lol. I just figured that out. i guess they are (in chinese) warranty void stickers or something cover the two middle screws. because the only mandarin i know is the oranges and not the language...

thanks!
NP you have probably just successfully voided the warranty lol.

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #11,117 of 14,518
Interesting thing I am finding so far - cutting the preamp out mod. Allegedly people gain such traits as more details, clarity, etc. Because my darkvoice comes from bizzaro world, its the opposite. What I ended up gaining is alot more bass. Bass range suddenly elevated. I mean everything is super punchy, and strong and bassy. As a result, I've lost some of those details and clarity. Adjustments to my dac (going to NOS/Sharp Filter or OS Slow or Sharp) kind of boosted back those details and clarity. So all in all, it's an interesting result for me with a single wire cut.

Oh and heed the warnings well with draining the capacitors. My oversight on this resulted in me melting one of the caps i was trying to solder in place. Fortunately, the amp still works, and it doesnt look any worse for the wear, but it quickly ended my attempt the fitz mod. Lol. Good times.

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #11,118 of 14,518
Jul 13, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #11,120 of 14,518
Well that was informative.
Why do you say no?
It uses the same tubes as 336i but not sure what is inside yet as it is new and I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Technical Specifications:
>Frequency Range: 10Hz~30kHz.
>Gain: +16dB.
>SNR: 110dB.
>THD+N: 0.1%.
>Suitable Headphone Impedance: 60 ohm~600 ohm.
>Output Power: 500mW(600/300ohm load).
>Power Supply: AC100~120V/220~240V.
>Size: 25x11x16cm (9.84"x4.3"x6.29").
>Weight: 3.9Kg(8.6Lbs).

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #11,121 of 14,518
Well that was informative.
Why do you say no?
It uses the same tubes as 336i but not sure what is inside yet as it is new and I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Technical Specifications:
>Frequency Range: 10Hz~30kHz.
>Gain: +16dB.
>SNR: 110dB.
>THD+N: 0.1%.
>Suitable Headphone Impedance: 60 ohm~600 ohm.
>Output Power: 500mW(600/300ohm load).
>Power Supply: AC100~120V/220~240V.
>Size: 25x11x16cm (9.84"x4.3"x6.29").
>Weight: 3.9Kg(8.6Lbs).
it's $100 more and butt ugly ...lol .. looks about the same specs as the Darkvoice.. but killer...No. Well anything is Technically a Darkvoice killer... it just has a huge fan base for it's low entry of fun( and price).

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #11,122 of 14,518
it's $100 more and butt ugly ...lol .. looks about the same specs as the Darkvoice.. but killer...No. Well anything is Technically a Darkvoice killer... it just has a huge fan base for it's low entry of fun( and price).
I dunno about butt ugly - I kind of like the design (cept for the high faceplate). As far as price, you'll also have to factor in the cost of modding the DV to meets its potential. We'll have to see if the ta-26 works OOTB.
Xduoo has been pretty spare about the inner workings of their hardware however. I was looking into their hybrids, but nothing about plate voltages or heater currents (I absolutely don't want to be limited to rolling only the stock types of tubes - I already have an amp that can only do 6dj8 or 12au7 and nothing more)

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #11,123 of 14,518
I dunno about butt ugly - I kind of like the design (cept for the high faceplate). As far as price, you'll also have to factor in the cost of modding the DV to meets its potential. We'll have to see if the ta-26 works OOTB.
Xduoo has been pretty spare about the inner workings of their hardware however. I was looking into their hybrids, but nothing about plate voltages or heater currents (I absolutely don't want to be limited to rolling only the stock types of tubes - I already have an amp that can only do 6dj8 or 12au7 and nothing more)
Darkvoice isn't that bad stock, the mods just squeeze's out more. As for this amp your talking about, first I've heard of it, sure its a good entry level amp the same, and it seems like your ready to grab this guy, give us your thoughts on the it please.

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #11,124 of 14,518
Yeah same here.
If anyone picks up this TA-26 give us some feedback on it. I'm going to be a wait and see on this one.

XDuoo is putting out some interesting amps lately and I do have the TA-30, but it is an entirely different hybrid amp with a DAC that I use for streaming and I have to say that amp sounds damn good but it is a bit higher price tag.

Jul 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #11,125 of 14,518
Looks like a good contender but we should wait till someone try it out and check the internal components as the moto "professional resistances and capacitors" as advertised does not mean much in the Chinese language. Am waiting for the Hartung company to finish their move to the new headquarters so they can ship products again as am eyeing 1 of their amps.
Besides having a pre-amp section while using the same tubes as the DV definitely means they are targeting the DV.

Jul 13, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #11,126 of 14,518
Darkvoice isn't that bad stock, the mods just squeeze's out more. As for this amp your talking about, first I've heard of it, sure its a good entry level amp the same, and it seems like your ready to grab this guy, give us your thoughts on the it please.
With my current crop of phones, I'd be better off holding out for something tranny coupled - occurred to me "tranny coupled" probably isn't a phrase to google at work.
Low z and planars is all I have

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #11,127 of 14,518
Looks like a good contender but we should wait till someone try it out and check the internal components as the moto "professional resistances and capacitors" as advertised does not mean much in the Chinese language. Am waiting for the Hartung company to finish their move to the new headquarters so they can ship products again as am eyeing 1 of their amps.
Besides having a pre-amp section while using the same tubes as the DV definitely means they are targeting the DV.
I am saving up for a Feliks Audio Euphoria for the same reasons, it uses the same tubes as DV and some of my La Figaro, which is attractive since I don’t want to go through all of the tube rolling process again and I have all of the tubes I want now for the rest of my life.

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #11,128 of 14,518
I am saving up for a Feliks Audio Euphoria for the same reasons, it uses the same tubes as DV and some of my La Figaro, which is attractive since I don’t want to go through all of the tube rolling process again and I have all of the tubes I want now for the rest of my life.
Feliks is on my radar screen as well and I believe the tubes used in the DV are the best ( I mean the 6SN7 series and the 5998/6AS7/6080)

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #11,129 of 14,518
On tube rolling - I know this has been covered extensively, but i'm (finally) listening to a 59 Melz 1578. And 30 seconds in, I realize this is one of the best sounding tubes I've listened to, if not the best. I could probably end my 6SN7 tube journey right here. It is really a sublime tube.

Jul 14, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #11,130 of 14,518
On tube rolling - I know this has been covered extensively, but i'm (finally) listening to a 59 Melz 1578. And 30 seconds in, I realize this is one of the best sounding tubes I've listened to, if not the best. I could probably end my 6SN7 tube journey right here. It is really a sublime tube.

I have this Melz 59. It's really wonderful. I'm also 69 which is also wonderful.

The best combination I got with the Melz 59 was with my Chatham 6080 graphite plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back