Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Jul 12, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #3,631 of 14,511
It means your body is getting conditioned. When you can grab a fully charged 1 farad, 600v cap with your bare fingers, you'll be ready to snatch the pebbles from my hand. LOL!!
L M F A O .. I had a feeling... I went ahead and ordered the resistors there, should be here Tuesday. I'll PM you soon to pick your brain on how this is suppose to go down, because I'm still clueless..(obviously!) If this fails.. well, I might be in the Incubus family tree soon :wink:

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #3,632 of 14,511
L M F A O .. I had a feeling... I went ahead and ordered the resistors there, should be here Tuesday. I'll PM you soon to pick your brain on how this is suppose to go down, because I'm still clueless..(obviously!) If this fails.. well, I might be in the Incubus family tree soon :wink:

LOL! If that fails, send the amp to me. I can guarantee you it won't work any less good after I look at it. :) :)

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #3,633 of 14,511
Get it while it's still hot!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YS2BL9P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IqodFbHC76JYZ

IMG_20200711_174736.jpg

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,635 of 14,511
Guys, I always use my DAC connected to my old phone (Samsung S4) where I have 64gb of flac music. Today I finally decided to change my phone. I bought the Samsung A10S with a 256GB card. When I called my DAC (Modi Multibit) he believed that the sound improved considerably. I only bought the phone because of the space, and it turned out that the sound quality improved. Funny that I use a music player that has a technology called "perfect bit" that just transfers the music file to the DAC. But now I realized that the phone made a lot of difference. PS: The sound is better than if I use a computer connected to the DAC.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #3,636 of 14,511
Guys, I always use my DAC connected to my old phone (Samsung S4) where I have 64gb of flac music. Today I finally decided to change my phone. I bought the Samsung A10S with a 256GB card. When I called my DAC (Modi Multibit) he believed that the sound improved considerably. I only bought the phone because of the space, and it turned out that the sound quality improved. Funny that I use a music player that has a technology called "perfect bit" that just transfers the music file to the DAC. But now I realized that the phone made a lot of difference. PS: The sound is better than if I use a computer connected to the DAC.
I'll have to try that tonight.. the PC is probably the worst unit for music. That and AC power. Purist buy battery blocks to power up their equipment. That's one advantage of using your phone. 😉

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #3,637 of 14,511
I'll have to try that tonight.. the PC is probably the worst unit for music. That and AC power. Purist buy battery blocks to power up their equipment. That's one advantage of using your phone. 😉

My phone uses Android. I use a "USB Audio Player PRO" program that has the "perfect bit" function, that is, it transfers the FLAC file, in my case, directly to the DAC without any interference from the phone.

Jul 16, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #3,638 of 14,511

I always unplug the laptop when listening. It's a new laptop so the battery lasts a good couple hours playing music. And then these for the power. Help quite a bit as hande-me-downs from the big rig. :)

Hydra Stack.jpg

Jul 16, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #3,639 of 14,511
I always unplug the laptop when listening. It's a new laptop so the battery lasts a good couple hours playing music. And then these for the power. Help quite a bit as hande-me-downs from the big rig. :)

Hydra Stack.jpg
And..because I'm a total noob with Conditioners... What ..does that do? Does that convert AC to DC? or runs off DC (DC is battery power right?)

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #3,641 of 14,511
And..because I'm a total noob with Conditioners... What ..does that do? Does that convert AC to DC? or runs off DC (DC is battery power right?)

No, just pair of conditioners. Helps clean some noise out of the power feed. Or, from Shunyatas viewpoint, they help keep noise being generated by your components (especially digital noise from DACs, switch mode power supplies, etc) from adding noise to the AC as it returns through the neutral. There's been football-field sized cans of worms opened up over this topic through the decades, so I'll just say that I think they make things sound better and leave it at that. :)

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #3,642 of 14,511
No, just pair of conditioners. Helps clean some noise out of the power feed. Or, from Shunyatas viewpoint, they help keep noise being generated by your components (especially digital noise from DACs, switch mode power supplies, etc) from adding noise to the AC as it returns through the neutral. There's been football-field sized cans of worms opened up over this topic through the decades, so I'll just say that I think they make things sound better and leave it at that. :)
Copy. I'm lucky that I have a quiet outlet. And my amp shares the one outlet to herself. For now 😉, so looking into this. And a year ago I bought one of them USB conditioners, think it was a Schiit product, worked really well, don't know why I sent it back. And now and days If you have a decent DAC, it has, or should have, a very good USB conditioner/reclocker built in. I can see where a power conditioner can be a handy tool to have.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #3,644 of 14,511
Westinghouse 6SN7GTB Relatron

Almost forgot how good these were..

IMG_20200717_103813.jpg

I can't believe you still have the Reliatron! That is a very underrated tube - definitely a hidden gem.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,645 of 14,511
I can't believe you still have the Reliatron! That is a very underrated tube - definitely a hidden gem.
i stocked up a little on these, not the 1000 tube collection of eh hem.. that one guy, just a few, to hold me over, and not expensive. :D

2020-04-22 14.01.15-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back