Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
Apr 17, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #106 of 1,556
Update: They refunded half my total payment, including shipping. Great service
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #107 of 1,556
Hmm. I was looking at some of those Svetlanas, and I want. Just did my taxes though. There's a lot of audio equipment I can legitimately write off, but tubes, I'm sad to say, don't quite qualify. You have no idea how long I stared at the Tung-Sol 6SN7GT last night.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #108 of 1,556
HOhoho, 336i is here after a 15 days waiting game. I didn't put the stock tubes but rather placed my sylvania 6SN7GT and Westinghouse (rebranded RCA) 6AS7G gray plate - thanks to this thread! Burning for last 4 hours and it only gets better while driving my HD650's
smily_headphones1.gif

My western electric 421A is on its way and I am really curious what that big boy adds into this already great sounded amp...

edit: i never thought that megadeth will sound this good on the hd650!

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #109 of 1,556
Just purchased a Darkvoice 336i through E-Bay seller Jasmine Chine and wanted to inform all that it was a fine experience. The price was quite good and it came from China to Miami in 3 days. Now through the advice of this thread I just ordered a 1960's RCA 6SN7GTB and 6AS7G RCA branded Westinghouse grey plate so things should get really interesting

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #110 of 1,556
I'm patiently waiting from my 336i to arrive knowing that it had left China's Mail despatch centre means not long until it arrives Down Under !

Already have my RCA tubes ready to roll so to speak !
600smile.gif

My biggest fear is getting "Fitz" fever when it does arrive and I spend
the following weeks ordering parts to upgrade it. Do I have the will to
only change out the volume pot for an ALPS and leave the rest .........

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #111 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooztuncer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: i never thought that megadeth will sound this good on the hd650!

Doesn't the 336i do some crazy things for the HD650?
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #112 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweArt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm patiently waiting from my 336i to arrive knowing that it had left China's Mail despatch centre means not long until it arrives Down Under !

600smile.gif

Yea, I really want to change out the pot on my 332. =T

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #113 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweArt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

600smile.gif

I wasn't aware that Fitz does any mods to the 336i.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #114 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just purchased a Darkvoice 336i through E-Bay seller Jasmine Chine and wanted to inform all that it was a fine experience. The price was quite good and it came from China to Miami in 3 days. Now through the advice of this thread I just ordered a 1960's RCA 6SN7GTB and 6AS7G RCA branded Westinghouse grey plate so things should get really interesting

Doubling up on RCA's, should be pretty interesting. I've wanted to double up on Sylvanias for a while now but I can't see to find any more Sylvania 6AS7G's on ebay, I saw one about a week ago but it was sold the next morning (otherwise it would be in my amp right now).

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #115 of 1,556
just got my 336i in from jasmine chime on ebay as well, i must say A+ service!

anyhow, i've read through this thread... it seems no one has tuberolled this amp with the k701s? What tubes would be best for these cans?

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #116 of 1,556
Bah, I just spent $20 on a Sylvania 6AS7G from the tubestore. A bit more than I was prepared to pay but I was tired of waiting for another one to appear on eBay so I just pulled the trigger.

Needless to say I can't wait to hear it
biggrin.gif

Tubes are much more addictive than headphones IMO.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #117 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got my 336i in from jasmine chime on ebay as well, i must say A+ service!

anyhow, i've read through this thread... it seems no one has tuberolled this amp with the k701s? What tubes would be best for these cans?

Asr's K701 should be en route to me after April 30. I just got dampers in preparation, and I'll probably break out all my tubes for a rolling fest. Hopefully I'll have the answer soon.

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #118 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah, I just spent $20 on a Sylvania 6AS7G from the tubestore. A bit more than I was prepared to pay but I was tired of waiting for another one to appear on eBay so I just pulled the trigger.

Needless to say I can't wait to hear it
biggrin.gif

Tubes are much more addictive than headphones IMO.

Are you diggity down with that Svetlana? I've spent so damn much in the last month; all that's left in the budget is enough for a glass toslink or some Svetlanas. Decisions decisions.

Apr 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #119 of 1,556
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you diggity down with that Svetlana? I've spent so damn much in the last month; all that's left in the budget is enough for a glass toslink or some Svetlanas. Decisions decisions.

The Svetlana is a nice little tube, definitely better than the stock 6AS7 IMO, but I'm going to have to wait for the Sylvania to arrive to do a comparison. You can read the impressions I posted earlier in this thread about the Svetlana.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #120 of 1,556
I'm thinking about getting a 336i to tweak the sound a bit to try to tame the SA5000's highs and add a bit more oomph to the bass department. Which budget tubes (<$30) do you guys recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back