DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Sep 11, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #2,086 of 2,125
After listening to Opus #2, realized it's potential. Dynamics, separation, sound stage, and it's very refined. It's easily noticed with the Andromeda as it has potential to tighten up the sound as much as the source can provide, and Opus #2 does. It does well in categories the Mojo can't handle well like electronic modern genre. I will go as to say, it's more fun and performs better. Would recommend to give Opus #2 a try. It's addictive to listen to due to how tight and refined the sound is.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #2,087 of 2,125
After listening to Opus #2, realized it's potential. Dynamics, separation, sound stage, and it's very refined. It's easily noticed with the Andromeda as it has potential to tighten up the sound as much as the source can provide, and Opus #2 does. It does well in categories the Mojo can't handle well like electronic modern genre. I will go as to say, it's more fun and performs better. Would recommend to give Opus #2 a try. It's addictive to listen to due to how tight and refined the sound is.

Really ? Then you should try Dx200+amp3 too :wink:. Opus #2 is very good, and surprised me, but Dx200 man....it made me fell off my chair and broke my jaws that I couldn't pick it off the floor.

To be fair though, the dx200+amp3 has very similar sound sig to opus 2 with ability to change amp cards and a lot of driving power...but larger And more bulky

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #2,088 of 2,125
Really ? Then you should try Dx200+amp3 too :wink:. Opus #2 is very good, and surprised me, but Dx200 man....it made me fell off my chair and broke my jaws that I couldn't pick it off the floor.

To be fair though, the dx200+amp3 has very similar sound sig to opus 2 with ability to change amp cards and a lot of driving power...but larger And more bulky
Better than Sony ?

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,093 of 2,125
IMG_1842.JPG

Utopia

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,094 of 2,125
Sep 12, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,096 of 2,125
I listen to many genres, except hip hop and hard rock. I don't think EDM is bass light :)
So which EDM tracks or albums have you been listening to ?

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #2,098 of 2,125
Here is just one of those Modern Foreign EDM that I enjoy :)

Yeah, Im in Hong Kong and Im familiar to this style and yeah bass is nowhere the focal point with this style of music. Its good and yeah the DX200 and Utopia will give what you looking for in this style.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #2,099 of 2,125
Yeah, Im in Hong Kong and Im familiar to this style and yeah bass is nowhere the focal point with this style of music. Its good and yeah the DX200 and Utopia will give what you looking for in this style.
Absolutely, lately the newer and modern mixing and composing of these style has gone up a notch as the soundstage and a lot more musical details with sprinkling energetic details are improved. I can only be so excited awaiting for even further improvements. While I love classic and instruments pretty much, but.....they get boring from time to time :D

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #2,100 of 2,125
Opus #2 for EDM. No doubt. It's a pretty awsome sounding player especially for EDM or modern genre. After many comparisons of various lower-end DAPs, I noticed that they sound boringly flat in the mids to the lower end with a bit of treble lift, and not refined. So yeah, there are noticible differences in fedelity between lower end and the TOTL. Good separation, stage, and tightness in sound with good extension without bold less resolving treble.

Mojo is the best pricer per performance, but it lacks in modern genre in performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back