DAP-off! Astell&Kern, Sony, HiFiMan, Chord, FiiO, Lotoo, Soundaware, Hiby, Cayin & others
Oct 20, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,097 of 2,125
Well, there's a good chance the Hifiman people are feeling the heat of competition like many companies like it and figure they better do some work on the UI usability and appearance. It would be nice if they had, arguably the best SQ among DAPs and also had a faster UI along with album art/idtag features. If they do, I will consider buying one when the days come next year of the GREAT COMPETITION, lol. Let's see you'll have the X7, a successor to the DX100, maybe AK480, an upgrade from Calyx too, a gazillion other ones from the Chinese hordes and... the XD128. What a shew, what a shew!

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #1,100 of 2,125
That said I actually need a charger replacement for my COWON X7. The darn inset plug of every electronic chargeable device I won, e.g. headphone amp several DAPS, two Laptops, handycams, and two cameras, several mobile phones...AND are each different.
I understand the outs will be different as required but surely the damn input jacks or plugs don't have to be all different sizes?
WHY? Can't the industry standardize it so one can easily buy a generic charger when their fancy ones fail. All one needs to know surely is what Output is required and what INPUT one's country electricity grid supplies.?

That said can anyone tell me as I am having difficulty reading the back of the charger, what output for X& is required? I think it is 5 volts.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #1,101 of 2,125
  That said I actually need a charger replacement for my COWON X7. The darn inset plug of every electronic chargeable device I won, e.g. headphone amp several DAPS, two Laptops, handycams, and two cameras, several mobile phones...AND are each different.
I understand the outs will be different as required but surely the damn input jacks or plugs don't have to be all different sizes?
WHY? Can't the industry standardize it so one can easily buy a generic charger when their fancy ones fail. All one needs to know surely is what Output is required and what INPUT one's country electricity grid supplies.?

That said can anyone tell me as I am having difficulty reading the back of the charger, what output for X& is required? I think it is 5 volts.

Thanks

I think now a lot of manufacturers already approaching standization of charging plug/jack (mini USB/standard USB).  I remember back in time I have all the Sony Palm (called Clie), MP3, MD players...all in different charging voltage, different charger and different plugs...my home was full of chargers!

Now I can carry a couple of USB cables (mini + standard) will do most of the job already.

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,102 of 2,125
Hmm but most of these chargers use a round hollow sort of plug with a yellow plastic outside ring. This kind of charger works must faster than when one sues USB connector which takes forever and uses up USB ports on my computer needed for other devices. So its these that need to be standardised

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,104 of 2,125
  Hmm but most of these chargers use a round hollow sort of plug with a yellow plastic outside ring. This kind of charger works must faster than when one sues USB connector which takes forever and uses up USB ports on my computer needed for other devices. So its these that need to be standardised

You can have a wall charger for USB, not just using for computer. USB is better due to versatility.

Yah, Europe mandated that all phones charge by USB years ago and it is definitely the way of the future. Some extreme electronics (Hugo, M8) will still require special chargers but that won't be standardised since they are the exception. The needs of most small electronic can be met by going to higher amperage 5 volt USB chargers along the lines of the iPad. The convenience factor is just too great.

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,105 of 2,125
  Big bag of meh, the HM901 is already a hit, :/ I'm doubtful the X7 will be able to top it. It's not Fiios Market 

I find the FiiO users, and company to be less exclusive than the HighMighty-901 crowd.  No insult intended, of course.  I'm still trying to find a good Canadian dealer so I can at least, hear the 901.
What I don't know is, does the 901 depend or even use touch-screen technology?  Or can you get around that with the wheel? 

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,106 of 2,125
HM-901 is a hit for around 10 members on head-fi. LoL

Well, there's a good chance the Hifiman people are feeling the heat of competition like many companies like it and figure they better do some work on the UI usability and appearance. It would be nice if they had, arguably the best SQ among DAPs and also had a faster UI along with album art/idtag features. If they do, I will consider buying one when the days come next year of the GREAT COMPETITION, lol. Let's see you'll have the X7, a successor to the DX100, maybe AK480, an upgrade from Calyx too, a gazillion other ones from the Chinese hordes and... the XD128. What a shew, what a shew!

I find the FiiO users, and company to be less exclusive than the HighMighty-901 crowd.  No insult intended, of course.  I'm still trying to find a good Canadian dealer so I can at least, hear the 901.
What I don't know is, does the 901 depend or even use touch-screen technology?  Or can you get around that with the wheel? 

Well here's the fun I liked the hm801 and a good number of the hm801 users felt the hm901 was a suitable upgrade 

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,107 of 2,125
Makes me feel like waiting for a look at the X7 when and if it comes out.  At least the FiiO people seem to be more accessable.

Well, for all that, it will matter not if the Fiio house sound is not what you are after. :)

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #1,108 of 2,125
Well here's the fun I liked the hm801 and a good number of the hm801 users felt the hm901 was a suitable upgrade 

Heheh! I am still holding on to a 801 with balanced amp module. :)

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,109 of 2,125

Heheh! I am still holding on to a 801 with balanced amp module.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Kiats, I noticed in your signature that you have the AK240, Calyx M, DX100, HM901, TeraPlayer, and ZX1 so you have a pretty good perspective in this dap off. Which is your favorite that you typically reach for and which ones are collecting dust, and why? How does the Calyx M fit into that range in terms of SQ?​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back