Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #3,436 of 6,033
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #3,437 of 6,033
How many people in this thread have kept their Stealth so far? I've been seeing quite a few of them on the Classifieds selling at deep discounts and these headphones have only been out for a few months. Is it that the Stealths have a very niche sound that most people just don't prefer? This is not a bash on these headphones, I'm trying to see what I'm missing here especially at this $4k price point.

I'm wondering if I should bother getting them to compare vs my VC and Rognir.
Have kept my stealth and love them.
I swap between them and my aeon 2 opens frequently.
I find the stealth are great for gaming but not for super extended periods comfort wise (amts touches my ear a tad and causes discomfort after a few hours) whereas the aeons work better for that.
On the other hand stealth is way better for music so I mainly use them for that.

Long story short I'm keeping both until we get an aeon3 I think hehehe

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #3,439 of 6,033
Comfort was my main complaint with the TC. However they aren't terrible in that department. Really just comes down to preference. I prefer headphones with something unique about their sound. The TC is certainly in that class. If you want one headphone to rule them all, that is a whole different discussion.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #3,441 of 6,033
How many people in this thread have kept their Stealth so far? I've been seeing quite a few of them on the Classifieds selling at deep discounts and these headphones have only been out for a few months. Is it that the Stealths have a very niche sound that most people just don't prefer? This is not a bash on these headphones, I'm trying to see what I'm missing here especially at this $4k price point.

I love mine, they are not going anywhere.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #3,442 of 6,033

I still have them, but for a period of time was thinking about selling them. I happened to get a new to me tube amp (AmpsandSound) Forge from another Head-fier , which changed it for me. The Stealth are supremely comfortable for me and have a way of portraying the delicate subtleties of music that is stunning. Before the Forge I enjoyed them at times, while other times they seemed a little lifeless to me. They are not in your face like the Abyss, which I also enjoy. Different phones for different moods. Definitely planning on keeping them both.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #3,443 of 6,033
Will a FiiO Q5s amp power these to say 95dB with the correct bass/soundstage etc?

The FiiO Q5s amp does 530mW at 32ohms and can easily do at least 6volts using the balanced output. So in theory it should drive them to 95dB easily. Typically 75dB is my limit for a 10 minute session. 95dB would be the "peaks" where there is a louder bass impact or a louder part in the music.

I've done the calculations. Is there something I'm missing apart from snake oil or unicorn farts?

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #3,444 of 6,033
Stealth are crap headphones compared to 1266, just another league.
Strongly disagree, as someone who owns and enjoys both. Not planning on selling my Stealth anytime soon. Actually, I would sell them for an open back Stealth maybe.

I've actually stopped enjoying the TC sound as much without EQ, after getting used to Harman on the Stealth. When swapping from Stealth to the TC, I find the TC sound very lacking in all but the bass without EQ'ing to be closer to Harman. That's why I've been after this new TC convolution EQ that is apparently a big secret and nobody can tell me anything more about it.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #3,445 of 6,033
Lol ok, when I had the Stealth and changed them to 1266, I immediately felt the Abyss was a different class of headphones. I sent back a disgusted fairly quickly demo version of Stealth. I think Stealth was my biggest disappoinment last year.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #3,446 of 6,033
I've helped at least four people who were very underwhelmed with the Stealth realize it's the chain thats the issue. They are now letting go of their other TOTL since they have realized the sound they used to love on the others are actually bass peaks, upper mids peaky, distortion, unsmooth FR and ear pad resonance.

Feb 27, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #3,447 of 6,033
Lol ok, when I had the Stealth and changed them to 1266, I immediately felt the Abyss was a different class of headphones. I sent back a disgusted fairly quickly demo version of Stealth. I think Stealth was my biggest disappoinment last year.
I just think it takes time to get acquainted to something as different as the Stealth. People have been too quick to dismiss it because it does not sound right to them right away. It's a world class headphone that has my respect and admiration.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #3,448 of 6,033
Stealth are crap headphones compared to 1266, just another league.

:thinking: ... do you have any idea of the utility of such your advice ? what do you mean by crap ? and what do you mean by another league ?
What do you intend to do or prove with such info ?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #3,449 of 6,033
I've helped at least four people who were very underwhelmed with the Stealth realize it's the chain thats the issue. They are now letting go of their other TOTL since they have realized the sound they used to love on the others are actually bass peaks, upper mids peaky, distortion, unsmooth FR and ear pad resonance.
Can you advise on the chain pls mate?

Feb 28, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #3,450 of 6,033
I haven't had issues driving the Stealth with the systems I have at hand. My Fiio K9pro works very nicely with the Stealth. What kind of chain issues have you seen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back