Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Feb 8, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #3,406 of 5,994
What's your favourite amp pairing with the Stealth?
HA200. It is quite transparent which is what I like. I must admit, I only tried HA200 and ADI-2 with Stealth. I am sure there might be better pairings out there.

The only amplifier that I would like to try with Stealth is HPA4. I might buy it some day, as I don’t have any possibility to try it around me. Otherwise I feel quite satisfied with what I have.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #3,407 of 5,994
I've been going back and forth with the Abyss and the Stealth. I love having these two drastically different tonal options. One brings the drama and the other brings the emotion. The Stealth always brings that emotional connection to the music!

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #3,408 of 5,994
I've been going back and forth with the Abyss and the Stealth. I love having these two drastically different tonal options. One brings the drama and the other brings the emotion. The Stealth always brings that emotional connection to the music!
Recommend you try the formula s, will just take your enjoyment to a new level.

Feb 10, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #3,409 of 5,994
Got tired looking for a place to do labels for my mod so I finally plugged it in for now. Wow. What a huge sound.

IMG_20220211_104806.jpg

#carbonslut

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #3,410 of 5,994
Oratory1990 measurements in Vienna shows the same 😉

AB09E0B4-A4AD-465F-A617-DE4DA4682FC4.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #3,413 of 5,994
You're on a Lê rampage lately. :blush:

Would love to have a Stealth to complement my D8000 Pro, but I make do with my in-ears when I need to be... stealthy.

Great HPs, a second friend of mine - @davidmolliere being the first - bought one after demo-ing it. He's loving it with this beautiful korean amp :

1645201296403.png

https://allnicaudio.com/product/hpa-5000xl/

He also enjoys the D8000 Pro. Lucky b@stard.

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #3,414 of 5,994
Holy safety conscious Batman! Looks like OSHA designed that amp. Nobody’s getting burned on those tubes. 😁

Feb 18, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #3,415 of 5,994
You're on a Lê rampage lately. :blush:

Would love to have a Stealth to complement my D8000 Pro, but I make do with my in-ears when I need to be... stealthy.

Great HPs, a second friend of mine - @davidmolliere being the first - bought one after demo-ing it. He's loving it with this beautiful korean amp :

1645201296403.png

https://allnicaudio.com/product/hpa-5000xl/

He also enjoys the D8000 Pro. Lucky b@stard.
I love Le's work. I came to know him around the same time as Renaud and Bojan Z, and all three are still among my favorites. Not just because he is an amazing musician, his album productions are also top notch. When I audition something, they are one of the first albums I go through.

Feb 19, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #3,416 of 5,994
Audiophile quality vietnamese music?

Sounds like just the thing to get my mom into hi-fi. She just listens to old crappy YouTube rips of Huong Lan. Time to step it up.

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,418 of 5,994
I completely agree. I have been fortunate enough to collect several high end headphones. I enjoy them all. Some days I just love the punch and the in your face quality of the Abyss, other days the more subtle delicacy of the Stealth is just right. I have to admit that I was torn about the stealth for a while, but since I got the Ampsandsound Forge, I enjoy the Stealth much more.
I am not sure which sounds more realistic, since I have not been present when the recording was made. A lot of the live music I have listened to was very dynamic and punchy (more like the Abyss), by but the intimacy the Stealth provides is also an important aspect of music.
Ultimately, and this maybe sacrilegious, I am not to worried which one is more accurate or realistic. My goal is to enjoy the music I listen to and when the system I am using, whichever headphones I am wearing at the time, sends shivers down my spine, I know I have it right for me.

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,419 of 5,994
I had only a few hrs with Stealth until now, but I have to say the difference to the Noire is quite small after EQ. Any test tracks that you'd recommend?

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #3,420 of 5,994
I had only a few hrs with Stealth until now, but I have to say the difference to the Noire is quite small after EQ. Any test tracks that you'd recommend?
Sound signature is very close and I think that is by design. The main differences I find are in detail and feeling, the Stealth feel less enclosed than the Noire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back