Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 4, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #3,077 of 5,994
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and @801evan seems pretty convinced that he's done enough of his own research to come to his conclusions. I appreciate another viewpoint even if it's contradictory to popular opinion. Maybe there are some here who listen to music at reasonable levels and never crank it up. They're perfectly happy with what some amps are capable of at their desired volumes...

Enjoy your toys, as long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters.

Jan 4, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #3,079 of 5,994
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and @801evan seems pretty convinced that he's done enough of his own research to come to his conclusions. I appreciate another viewpoint even if it's contradictory to popular opinion. Maybe there are some here who listen to music at reasonable levels and never crank it up. They're perfectly happy with what some amps are capable of at their desired volumes...

Enjoy your toys, as long as you're happy with them, that's all that matters.
It’s not having the opinion that’s the problem, it’s the constant barrage of the same outlandish opinion over and over. That’s when it crosses over into troll territory.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #3,080 of 5,994
Yep. Too many ppl have fried their susvaras with speakers amps because it is not needed and is overpowered.

This is just flat out misinformation and it's really not cool spreading it. Maybe you know a slew of people that have fried theirs. Who knows.

But there's is plenty of evidence in the Susvara thread and in the speaker amp for headphones thread that PLENTY of people are using them without issue. I honestly do not care at all if people are using speaker amps or headphone amps. Or even if they chose to under-power their Susvara through the Dave. But the constant spreading misinformation is just quite annoying.

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #3,081 of 5,994
It’s not the opinion that’s the problem, it’s the constant barrage of the same outlandish opinion over and over. That’s when it crosses over into troll territory.
That's only because we read it and don't just let it slide. Just ignore and move on.

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #3,082 of 5,994
It’s not having the opinion that’s the problem, it’s the constant barrage of the same outlandish opinion over and over. That’s when it crosses over into troll territory.
This. And take it to Sound science instead of this headphone thread.

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #3,083 of 5,994
Did you record the results of your tests such that we can try to repeat them?
No. Besides, showing such never changed anyone's mind as showing evidences from other sources are still being dismissed.

With the whole modem tests,don't worry, the best sound was my phone on hotspot mode and having the zen stream tap to that. Cheapest solution (sans data streaming rates) and the best sound by a huge margin that it exceeds my cdt + ocxo. The modem was fed with a power bank + multi voltage regulators , hypsos and ipower x 12v modded with silver cable and the ipower x 12v mod was the best sound in that batch. Ofc the
culprit may be the cheap modem the provider gave me but the TP-Link 4g LTE modem i got is still sealed and I just have too many tests to do before getting on with that test. I'm stuck on CDT + ocxo atm as I'm lazy and enjoying it with the Stealth. Remember my conundrum of needing all phones and wifi off.

One video that shows a similar attempt on different psus giving different sound is this:

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #3,084 of 5,994
This is just flat out misinformation and it's really not cool spreading it. Maybe you know a slew of people that have fried theirs. Who knows.

But there's is plenty of evidence in the Susvara thread and in the speaker amp for headphones thread that PLENTY of people are using them without issue. I honestly do not care at all if people are using speaker amps or headphone amps. Or even if they chose to under-power their Susvara through the Dave. But the constant spreading misinformation is just quite annoying.
But but...weren't you the one who kept posting about how Rob Watts said the Dave can't drive the susvara but that post doesn't exist. Good thing he cleared up that issue , including the Stealth.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #3,085 of 5,994
@801evan Are you messing with us? I thought so, but the longer you keep this up, the more concerned I get.
I thought he was punking us myself but the longer this goes on I am starting to think he is serious

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #3,086 of 5,994
I thought he was punking us myself but the longer this goes on I am starting to think he is serious
It is aligned to me being able to hear proper sub bass and bass on the Stealth on a wimpy amp vs the many claims that the stealth has no bass despite the elevated bass in the measurement graphs to conform to Harman Curve + some personal signature tweaks.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #3,087 of 5,994
It. Is. Incessant.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #3,088 of 5,994
But but...weren't you the one who kept posting about how Rob Watts said the Dave can't drive the susvara but that post doesn't exist. Good thing he cleared up that issue , including the Stealth.

I made reference to someone mentioning that, yes. Then acknowledged the correction. I have no clue what that has to do with your obvious and continuous trolling and spreading of misinformation. But I won't respond again. For the first time ever (congrats lol), I'll be using the mute feature on here.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #3,090 of 5,994
NP guys. This all sounds like the same landscape circa 2008-2017. Just be careful experimenting with cables, power and accessories to call out the BS....because I was exactly that guy once. 🤣

I've already had people dismiss my Stealth/susvara + Chord claims in public, blocked me, only to buy a conditioner down the line and start having praising posts that sounds like me. So....I'm happy to educate.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back