Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jan 2, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #3,018 of 5,994
Just so commentary may get back on track, Stealth has no bass, little dynamics.

Your welcome.

Shrugs.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #3,020 of 5,994
I know...I didn't know I got taken for a ride from someone promoting Benchmark. 🙄🙄
My gear and understanding is far superior to yours. However, do you. Enjoy yourself.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #3,024 of 5,994
????
Yet a humble m17 has proven the stealth has dynamics and bass. Same with susvara.
M17 is not that humble in terms of power in desktop mode... 3W at 32ohm is nothing to sneeze at...

Yet having more headroom is quite enjoyable with the Stealth, running it through the Pro iCAN I have more bass authority and overall macro dynamics is improved with better speed as well. At least that's what I hear.

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #3,025 of 5,994
M17 is not that humble in terms of power in desktop mode... 3W at 32ohm is nothing to sneeze at...

Yet having more headroom is quite enjoyable with the Stealth, running it through the Pro iCAN I have more bass authority and overall macro dynamics is improved with better speed as well. At least that's what I hear.
Humble in terms of size and expectations vs a Benchmark or huge tube amp.

Yea, what you said is what I'm weary of... It 'only' has a buck converter on the 12vdc in so there's still room for improvement and why the pro iCan can be more superior. I plan to use it as a transport but kind overkill as a transport seeing all the tech is for the DAC and amplification. Hopefully get to demo soon and figure it out.

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #3,026 of 5,994

I can imagine that .. already the DCA Stealth, with the only 2x6W of the Monolith THX887 amp, I can easily catch such type of step. When I insert a little SMSL SU-9 DAC, it is also a different sounding with an impact on the sound stage (quite larger/airier).

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #3,027 of 5,994
I can imagine that .. already with the only 2x6W of the Monolith THX887 amp, there is such type of step.

When I insert a little SMSL SU-9 DAC, it is also a different sounding with an impact on the sound stage (quite larger).

As the Fiio M17 remains now my main music reader/transport, I hesitate to make like a step backward with a Pro iCan Signature, as such integrated device can't fully compete with a pure "android 10" device to be compatible with Qobuz, Amazon HD, DLNA, Neutron, Wavelet, PowerampEQ... It's pity, that after reading many complaints on the web, I have some doubt about iFi software to manage at best most the actual music providers.

I imagine Chord will update soon or late their lineup, so maybe in 2022 there will be a chance to choose between two very good actors like iFi and Chord.
Pro iCan/sig is just an amp though. No software.

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #3,028 of 5,994
Pro iCan/sig is just an amp though. No software.

Oups .. I was confusing with ifi Pro IDSD Signature .. :scream: :scream: :scream: :k701smile: :k701smile: I don't really know iFi and Chords lineup

Thank you...

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #3,029 of 5,994
Oups .. I was confusing with ifi Pro IDSD Signature .. :scream: :scream: :scream: :k701smile: :k701smile: I don't really know iFi and Chords lineup

Thank you...
Pro iDSD would not give a lot of additional headroom at 2W into 32ohm that less powerful than the M17, sure it features a quad dac but the double ESS9038Pro does a mighty fine job anyway. Pro iCAN delivers quite a bit more at 7W into 32ohm so a little more than double the M17.
Nice to have the SS/Tube swich handy too :)

Jan 2, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #3,030 of 5,994
Oups .. I was confusing with ifi Pro IDSD Signature .. :scream: :scream: :scream:
Ifi pro iDSD is solid. It's not for the casual user. There's too many settings but someone like me appreciate the tinkering. It's a solid all-in-one streamer/dac/amp in terms of SQ but the user experience on using the software on an Android to stream is not ready to show off in a 30 second commercial. 🤣 I like my ocxo and the streamer doesn't exploit that. Only on usb and spdif. Having the pro iDSD sync with my CDT's ocxo is super special in smoothness, air, flow and dimensionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back