Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 22, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #361 of 5,996
There is absolutely no way to understand how a headphone sounds without listening to them.

Glad to know you view your own review as worthless as well then

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #362 of 5,996
Instead of buying the Stealth as your first DCA headphone for $4000, it certainly would make more sense to buy the ÆON RT first for $500, and then the Stealth at $600 off. Even if you toss the ÆON RT straight into the dumpster, you save $100 + taxes (and shipping is free, at least for me in California). Don't even unpack them and you can sell them for a fair amount.
Or use it for commuting (ah, distant memories).

Or get the ÆON 2 for effectively $300.
This was my thoughts as well.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #363 of 5,996
Any word on if the cups are the same size as Aeon 1/2 or if this is a larger cup? From the video the Stealth cups appear to be larger but I can't really tell. I'm hoping this is a more full-sized enclosure vs. the mid-sized Aeon cups. Aeon 2 increased sound stage vs. Aeon 1, but I think the larger ETHER C flow 1.1 still wins on stage.

Aug 22, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #364 of 5,996
Any word on if the cups are the same size as Aeon 1/2 or if this is a larger cup? From the video the Stealth cups appear to be larger but I can't really tell. I'm hoping this is a more full-sized enclosure vs. the mid-sized Aeon cups. Aeon 2 increased sound stage vs. Aeon 1, but I think the larger ETHER C flow 1.1 still wins on stage.
Yes, how Dan achieved the Stealth's reported sense of openness despite such modestly sized cups is IMO the real voodoo here. Lots of talk about synthetic leather but not much about this. The metamaterial is cool tech for sure, but simulating openness puts this on a must-audition list for me. My leopardwood VC is looking mighty shook right about now.

Put me on the list of folks who will be pulling the trigger on @paradoxper's used pair once they get replaced by the Raal circumaural

Aug 22, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #365 of 5,996
I noticed on the DCA website that DCA products purchased from authorized retailers are eligible to join the DCA club. This will avoid taxes if your in California by purchasing from an out of state authorized retailer along with free shipping.

WIll this work too? Should save another $300+ on the Stealth alone if you bypass purchasing directly from DCA...

What's the over / under on days when that influencer, Rob Watts, will seal of approve these since he's rolling with the Aeon2 and prefers closed? 45 days?

Upon his seal of approval, I will seriously consider re-terminating one of my cables for a future DCA Stealth. Pricey cables, so takes long-term planning and turnaround.

I forget the Mouser part no for this plug, if anyone has the part no pls pass on. I know I can get it from the DCA website, but I do monthly Mouser purchases.

EDIT: Found the part no, but it's twice the cost:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/HR10A-7P-4P73?qs=Ux3WWAnHpjALCmniaG9I8A==

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/HR10A-7P-4S73?qs=Ux3WWAnHpjD9J9UUz5XcKg==

I don't know the difference between the 4P and the 4S yet.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #366 of 5,996
Instead of buying the Stealth as your first DCA headphone for $4000, it certainly would make more sense to buy the ÆON RT first for $500, and then the Stealth at $600 off. Even if you toss the ÆON RT straight into the dumpster, you save $100 + taxes (and shipping is free, at least for me in California). Don't even unpack them and you can sell them for a fair amount.

And watch the head-fi classifieds get swamped with Aeon's for sale, lol

Aug 22, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #368 of 5,996
Hi, if we decide and buy the Stealth but still want leather earpads, will you at least give us the option to buy them separately, as you said are very easy to replace?
Thank you.
Why do people want real leather? It's not as long lasting, not as comfortable (if the fake stuff is any good), hot, and bad for the environment. What's the word on these pads?

I would think that might take away some from the enjoyment one receives from their purchase.

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #370 of 5,996
I hope Dan Clark sets up some sort of tour for gad sakes - please sir Dan

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #371 of 5,996
Why do people want real leather? It's not as long lasting, not as comfortable (if the fake stuff is any good), hot, and bad for the environment. What's the word on these pads?
I have the ZMF universe pads in lambskin and the eco-murderlicious marshmellow couches on my ears are DEVINE!

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #373 of 5,996
I’ve never understood the tour thing.. I’d have a lot of anxiety possessing high dollar headphones I don‘t own. 😅
It’s a way to try before you buy - a way of getting more people’s opinions boosting more unbiased reviews and maybe a few sales above and beyond those who may chance it with a blind buy

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #374 of 5,996
Hey everyone, thanks for the nice reception! My thanks to everyone who has supported us, we love what we do and you make it possible!

We had our 9th anniversary this spring, and we wanted Stealth to be the embodiment of everything we've learned over the years as our technology and skills have grown.

Stealth took four years to develop and a lot of failures and experiments on the way, but we put our hearts into every part of this headphone, and for the first time even the packaging! We really hope you enjoy it.

For your enjoyment here are a few beauty shots (the red in the photos is a bit hot in the strap photos, it's more like the box).

Stealth-012 small.jpeg

Stealth-011 small.jpeg

Stealth-015 small.jpeg
tha box remind me of HIfiman ananda's box too much, but hey, more Closed Backs!
I'm already very satisfied with my MDR Z1R but the more option the better.

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #375 of 5,996
Is there any concern for pairing a super-revealing/analytical DAC like Topping D90, or would this pair better with something like Denafrips ares ii?

working with monolith thx aaa 788 right now paired with XI Broadway and wondering if a DAC upgrade would be night and day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back