Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 29, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #721 of 5,994
Thank you for testing. Could you also comment on the Stealth’s isolation from external noise? How does it compare to your Ether CX?
Just ran a test 4x at perceived similar medium/medium high in ear volumes, A/B. Listening for leak from headphones to outside at roughly 6’ away.

-With ZMF universe pads on CX (which i think have better seal than stock pads) the sound leak is present but what I would call very low, and all just treble. Maybe enough to get beat but not lyrics.

-Stock pads on Stealth I can perceive maybe 8-10% more leakage but still very low/low. Nothing close to any open cans but not specifically designed to be wholly encapsulated like a Bose privacy airplane can.

now that I’ve read your request I’ll actually do the test you asked for. Lol just a sec.

Exterior isolation from sound:

-Ether CX with ZMF universe pads barely audible heavy finger snapping at arms length (3.25’ outside each ear) during Hotel California at medium/ medium-low volume

-Stealth stock pads same setup just below audible. Probably 10-12% improvement in isolation from outside in Stealth.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #723 of 5,994
Is anyone planning to pit the Kennerton Rognir vs the DCA Stealth? Both are TOTL closed back planars so I'm curious to see how they match up
If there are any at canjam I sure will!

Aug 30, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #724 of 5,994
How to log into Club DC Audio. In 2020, I bought headphones at DCA. Product registered upon receipt. I have an account.
Should automatically become a member of the club, but I don't see a 15% discount.
What is the problem?

Aug 30, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #725 of 5,994
How to log into Club DC Audio. In 2020, I bought headphones at DCA. Product registered upon receipt. I have an account.
Should automatically become a member of the club, but I don't see a 15% discount.
What is the problem?

Same, I used their contact us page and received an email requesting my invoice. After a couple of hours I saw the discount. Don't worry, their support is awesome :darthsmile:

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #726 of 5,994
What is the problem?

I am a member of Club DCA and don't see the discount either. I spoke with Sue at DCA last year, but she could not figure out the problem. However, she confirmed that I'm a member and that I can get the discount by calling them with my order.

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #727 of 5,994
I have dealt with Sue before on another issue, very helpful lady. I'm sure they will take care of the issue.

Aug 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #728 of 5,994
For everyone who is having discount issues, give them a call, very wonderful helpful people and they will make things right.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #729 of 5,994
Gee, this thread grows so quick that I couldn't keep up reading.
I read a review which post con as bass may not be satisfied?
I have this impression that DCA HPs are bass light? or not bold enough?

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #730 of 5,994

I’ve had a couple of Mr Speakers/DCA headphones. I wouldn’t call them Bass light rather just not Bass head! I did always think that they reacted very well to eq though so you can always boost them if you feel need more Bass?

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #731 of 5,994
I am currently A/B’ing HD800 vs Stealth.

this should highlight bass presence, as 800’s are often considered quite bass light.

My impression is that there is quite a bit more weight and bass to both 150hz and down but also through all of the mids, like middle-register Guitar strums that give “body” to the notes in the Stealth where in the 800 they come across much “thinner” with the highest regions of the note emphasized.

Also as my only other comparison, every bit of the bass in Stealth is markedly more refined and in more quantity than the Drop+ ether CX.

I hope this helps.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #733 of 5,994

this should highlight bass presence, as 800’s are often considered quite bass light.

My impression is that there is quite a bit more weight and bass to both 150hz and down but also through all of the mids, like middle-register Guitar strums that give “body” to the notes in the Stealth where in the 800 they come across much “thinner” with the highest regions of the note emphasized.

Also as my only other comparison, every bit of the bass in Stealth is markedly more refined and in more quantity than the Drop+ ether CX.

I hope this helps.
A little bit, but things don't get more bass light than the Hd800. I'd love a comparison to the Z1R or LCD-4 lol :p

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #734 of 5,994

I hope this helps.

Use oratory1990 eq on the HD800 to match the stealth FR. Tell us how that tickles your fancy.:L3000:

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #735 of 5,994
My Ether C Flow 1.0 originally sounded just right, with more bass and better bass extension than the ÆON 1 Closed (which I never owned). Then there was the 1.1 upgrade kit, which made it more resolving, but too bass light for me. Then I switched to the new, firmer earpads (which come with the 1.1) and got some bass back, and it was pretty nice, but still a bit wanting. Then I removed the bass port stickers from the 1.1 kit and man, dat bass is nice. Absolutely no desire to increase it more. I suspect it's slightly boosted now. I like bass, but things should still sound balanced, I care more about extension, texture and quality than amount.

So even for just this one DCA headphone it was correct and incorrect to call it bass light at times, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back