Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #691 of 5,996
Yeah. Recording/Mastering quality is a nice, easy front to hide behind when it comes to dislike of certain genres, and honestly, plain old musical snobbery. Its more common than you might think sadly, especially in speaker land audiphillia.

I don't get it to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ehh, I just listen to things that have emotion behind it. Doesn't matter the genre or artist to me. If it moves the soul, it moves the soul to me.

This. Go ahead. Somebody defend this.

I turn this on by people and tomorrow will be my unwanted intervention. Haha.

Aug 28, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #693 of 5,996
This has to be one of the most classic snobbish rants I've seen on any audiophile forum. I have no intention to argue whether certain music are superior to others, but just want to point out that a large amount of people listen to and thoroughly enjoy pop crap on $4000 headphones and that makes it helpful for reviewers to review those headphones on those songs.

You might consider that as unfortunate as either "people are not enjoying the most superior item" or "people are wasting the capabilities of their expensive headphones on cheap trash", but I speak for myself that many of those cheap trash sound a lot better with more expensive headphones to me, so I personally don't consider those headphones as under utilized.
Don’t take it so seriously. It was a rant. I just think people who review top end audio gear should make more of an effort to listen to and learn about classical music. It should be part of being a serious reviewer.
Clearly the most superiorestest music ever is electronic music since it does not limit you to a finite, human countable number of instruments, or even reality itself; every conceivable combination of samples is attainable, allowing a truly infinite amount of combinations over time.
I agree with you to a certain extent, but keep in mind that composers like Busoni, Messiaen, Varèse, and Stockhausen (to name only a few) were the ones who pioneered electroacoustic music. Electronic music is part of classical music and has been for almost a hundred years.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #695 of 5,996
my wish.... they would offer the stealth without the $3000 leather box... so I could buy a set for $1000

anybody getting these yet... how do they sound....
Not really sure what my headphones sound like, but the box sounds like harmonic butter on macrodynamic toast.

in all seriousness I posted initial reactions a way back if you care to read. Any specific questions or tracks you’d like specifics on I can get info, but as to other high end comparisons I’ve only got Drop+ ether CX just now.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #696 of 5,996
I agree with you to a certain extent, but keep in mind that composers like Busoni, Messiaen, Varèse, and Stockhausen (to name only a few) were the ones who pioneered electroacoustic music. Electronic music is part of classical music and has been for almost a hundred years.
Interesting response! I have to explore that.

And from my end some agreement in the sense that my test tracks cover a range of (what I consider to be) well recorded instruments, and if any headphone or speaker cannot reproduce them well, they won't do it for me. While that's necessary, it's not sufficient because I listen to wide range of genres with a lot of variability in recording quality, so anything that cab only do classical music well wouldn't do the trick, I suspect. Though it seems that to you that term encompasses a lot more than it does to me and my ignorance, so it's possible that a product that covers all kinds of classical music well wouldn't do poorly with Pop or European Hardestyle, either.

I'm curious where you would put these:
  • "Soft Landing" by Hadouk Trio
  • "For Luis" by Nenad Vasilic
  • "Think" by Kaleida

Aug 29, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #697 of 5,996
Not really sure what my headphones sound like, but the box sounds like harmonic butter on macrodynamic toast.

in all seriousness I posted initial reactions a way back if you care to read. Any specific questions or tracks you’d like specifics on I can get info, but as to other high end comparisons I’ve only got Drop+ ether CX just now.
yes I did read your post ... liking the bass :) and there is the Moon Audio review https://www.moon-audio.com/dan-clark-audio-stealth-headphone-review
but they didn't like the bass or at least they called it out as a Con. ??

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #698 of 5,996
Thoughts on Ne Obliviscaris? I only dabble in Metal, but they definitely stick out to me as rather sophisticated, musically speaking.
I’m not super into melodic metal, so I haven’t really listened to them that much. I’ll check out some of their albums later though. :beerchug:
Ne Obliviscaris is one of my favorite bands. I would not say this is melodic metal, I would classify it as progressive death metal. My favorite album is Portal of I, and Forget Not is my favorite song, but I like pretty much all their releases.

Back on topic: looking forward to more impressions on the Stealth!😊

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #699 of 5,996
Ne Obliviscaris is one of my favorite bands. I would not say this is melodic metal, I would classify it as progressive death metal. My favorite album is Portal of I, and Forget Not is my favorite song, but I like pretty much all their releases.

Back on topic: looking forward to more impressions on the Stealth!😊
Thanks! I’m putting the album in my queue for tomorrow when I wake up 🤘

Aug 29, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #700 of 5,996
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #701 of 5,996
Just not quite a "visceral" type of bass.
That review was good and provided a complete set of comparisons.

This is going to be a stat presentation of bass which is definitely going to leave the planar fans wanting, huh.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #702 of 5,996
That review was good and provided a complete set of comparisons.

This is going to be a stat presentation of bass which is definitely going to leave the planar fans wanting, huh.
The other person commented on bass. I was just referring to what the review said about the bass. I actually like stat bass. I get fatigued with too much bass. I loveeeee stat sound. I'm just waiting on Meze's new flagship and comparisons and then I'll choose my next can.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #703 of 5,996
The other person commented on bass. I was just referring to what the review said about the bass. I actually like stat bass. I get fatigued with too much bass. I loveeeee stat sound. I'm just waiting on Meze's new flagship and comparisons and then I'll choose my next can.
Na. 1266 TC definitely transforms the listener into a bass snob.

But I'll be buying them all, naturally.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #704 of 5,996
Sorry if I missed it, but how's the sound leakage on these? If I buy them, I will also be using them in office, so just want to be sure the leakage isn't a lot!

Also, I had bought the Aeon Closed back on 2018 but sold it after a year, would I still be open on getting the DCA club discount? I did register but still shows the same price.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #705 of 5,996
Na. 1266 TC definitely transforms the listener into a bass snob.

But I'll be buying them all, naturally.
If I I owned the wa-33 tube amp I would be all over the TC. But I don't. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back