Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jul 4, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #4,321 of 5,996
I don’t like the Harmon curve - modified Harmon perhaps but not as is. Could be the reason.

The next time I will try to push on the ear cups to make sure the drivers are closer to my ears and I get a perfect seal.
And what will that help with? For sure not with any extra added warmth in the mids, but some subbass. And if you know that you don't like Harman tuning, what is it you are trying to find in perfect Harman tuned headphones? You know that it will not work for you.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #4,322 of 5,996
And what will that help with? For sure not with any extra added warmth in the mids, but some subbass. And if you know that you don't like Harman tuning, what is it you are trying to find in perfect Harman tuned headphones? You know that it will not work for you.
it is one thing to not like the perfect Harman and another to hear things so far from that. Like I said if I get a chance I will try again and push the ear cups in so I can be 100% certain of a perfect seal and move the drivers closer to ears.

I have nothing against DCA having purchased and generally liked multiple of their headphones but I was very much put off by what I heard with Stealth. I honestly couldn’t believe it.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #4,323 of 5,996
I don’t know. Perhaps Stealth just doesn’t fit my head well enough to sound correct. Who knows. It simply sounded wrong to me in comparison to Susvara, 1266, x9000, Pulsar, CRBN, Utopia, HE-1.

I can’t be the only person who can’t get good sound out of Stealth.
Seeing the AB-1266 in the list of headphones that sound more correct gets a big wowza from me.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #4,324 of 5,996
TBF, most people didn't like the Stealth in show conditions...it seems to be unanimous with using the ampandsound (which relies on distortion) and the hm1 (cool A psu) that it sounded good but ppl be like...oh its the amp.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #4,325 of 5,996
All I can think about right now is little Britain

Andy: "I want that one"
Lou: "are you sure, it's Harmon tuned"
Andy: "yeah"l, I know"
Lou: "are you sure? Cos you don't like Harmon tuning"
Andy: "I. Want. That. One"
Lou: "sigh, alright"

5 minutes later...

Andy: " I don't like it"

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #4,327 of 5,996
If you don't like the tonality of the Stealth, you won't like my HE1 either 😜

NOMAX

PS.lol

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #4,329 of 5,996
Ironically people are going gaga over a 200usd convolution file that makes the lcd 5 sound closer to the Stealth and slightly towards Harman...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The lcd5 doesn't really have anything of an audiophile tonality per se to my ears.....it simply lacks too much in the high-frequency range

Funnily enough, one is then made to believe that customers should use EQ to correct it 🤣

NOMAX

PS.
What is the point of a very good Dac or a better headphone cable if the headphones have too little/less in the treble range? Nothing!
Since you can throw the money right out the window

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #4,330 of 5,996
If you don't like the tonality of the Stealth, you won't like my HE1 either 😜

NOMAX

PS.lol
HE1 was very very good when I spent an afternoon with it. Not close to $60k good but it sounded natural with great timbre accuracy; good listen.

To your ears, does Stealth have the same tonality as HE1?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #4,331 of 5,996
The lcd5 doesn't really have anything of an audiophile tonality per se......it simply lacks too much in the high-frequency range

Funnily enough, one is then made to believe that customers should use EQ to correct it 🤣

NOMAX
This and anti-harman ppl is bringing up a falsehood where audiophiles collectively seemingly have a better or a more preferred sound sig over the common folk.

So happy Stealth brought some people back to reality and exposed ppl with the wrong mindset.

Otherwise, next thing you know there's a cinema catered to audiophiles where it gives a clean sound and slammy bass.

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #4,332 of 5,996
HE1 was very very good when I spent an afternoon with it. Not close to $60k good but it sounded natural with great timbre accuracy; good listen.

And strangely enough, people who have heard my HE1 subsequently buy the Stealth
Most people compare tonalities from their memory, but the acoustic memory is very short and should be known to everyone.

NOMAX

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #4,333 of 5,996
And strangely enough, people who have heard my HE1 subsequently buy the Stealth
Most people compare tonalities from their memory, but the acoustic memory is very short and should be known to everyone.

NOMAX
This is so weird. I don’t remember any obvious deficiency with HE1 - it doesn’t have that high of visceral impact but that’s already fantastic for an electrostatic. I definitely do not recall any suck out in lower mid and upper bass frequency response.

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #4,335 of 5,996
I totally agree with Harman Target about the right side of the Freuquency Response....but about the left side...this could be a little less

NOMAX

PS.as european 😎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back