Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Nov 10, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #2,431 of 5,994
Are you saying you listened a bass layer that you didn't hear with the Abyss?!?
Yeah, with that song particularly through the TC, I was more in awe of its wide openness and atmosphere rather than its bass. Have you heard it?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #2,432 of 5,994
Hi Guys!
I just wanted to share my impression on the DCA Stealth. I got the headphone from a close friend of mine who has ordered it brand new to my address, as he couldn't receive it because of a business trip he is currently taking. He values my opinion on SQ + we have a similar taste for music.

I currently own a selection of headphones: HD800, HE6SE, Meze Empyrean, Focal Clear, Denon AH-D9200. I am primarily using a Questyle CMA600i and a Burson Soloist 3X, if extra power is needed like with the HE6SE.

My main daily driver currently is the HD800 with the Oratory1990 Harman Preset, which to me sounds very clean yet fun and engaging + it offers a great soundstage for both music, movies and games. I often switch between the 800 and Meze Empyrean depending on mood and track, as the Meze has got a far more mid heavy presentation then the EQ'ed 800, which especially sounds great for TOOL.

Today I tried the DCA Stealth with one of my favorite live rock albums ever by the Russian Group Kino (Кино), the Album is called Kino in Sevkabel (Кино в Севкабеле).

I was so shocked by the performance of the Stealth that I literally started to cry after a few minutes. It is so damn great!
Normally I always test/compare headphones judging by their technicality (speed, timber, soundstage....) and tuning, but I feel like there is no need to do this in the case of the Stealth. No other headphone I have ever listened to could give me this sense of realism and pure joy then what I have heard with the Stealth today.

I just wanted to thank you Dan for making such a marvelous headphone!

I will by selling my entire collection and buy a DCA Stealth myself ASAP.

Best Regards from Germany!
Oliver

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,433 of 5,994
Hi Guys!
I just wanted to share my impression on the DCA Stealth. I got the headphone from a close friend of mine who has ordered it brand new to my address, as he couldn't receive it because of a business trip he is currently taking. He values my opinion on SQ + we have a similar taste for music.

I currently own a selection of headphones: HD800, HE6SE, Meze Empyrean, Focal Clear, Denon AH-D9200. I am primarily using a Questyle CMA600i and a Burson Soloist 3X, if extra power is needed like with the HE6SE.

My main daily driver currently is the HD800 with the Oratory1990 Harman Preset, which to me sounds very clean yet fun and engaging + it offers a great soundstage for both music, movies and games. I often switch between the 800 and Meze Empyrean depending on mood and track, as the Meze has got a far more mid heavy presentation then the EQ'ed 800, which especially sounds great for TOOL.

Today I tried the DCA Stealth with one of my favorite live rock albums ever by the Russian Group Kino (Кино), the Album is called Kino in Sevkabel (Кино в Севкабеле).

I was so shocked by the performance of the Stealth that I literally started to cry after a few minutes. It is so damn great!
Normally I always test/compare headphones judging by their technicality (speed, timber, soundstage....) and tuning, but I feel like there is no need to do this in the case of the Stealth. No other headphone I have ever listened to could give me this sense of realism and pure joy then what I have heard with the Stealth today.

I just wanted to thank you Dan for making such a marvelous headphone!

I will by selling my entire collection and buy a DCA Stealth myself ASAP.

Best Regards from Germany!
Oliver
Someone in one other forum said, it is like downloading the music directly to your brain. It sounds so real.

Many people mix up two things: How realistic and accurate something sounds, and much one might have gotten used to and enjoys an "altered" sound, like boosted bass, thick lower mids or pushed up upper treble. Especially if they listen to music that is heavily processed or not from any natural sound source, where there is hardly any accuracy reference. I think if you have that reference in mind, you really get what Stealth is capable of. Just amazing...

It is now the only HP I listen to daily. I just sometimes take out the HEKse to hear my surrounding. Otherwise Stealth for everything including metal. Especially if it is made as well as this (Qobuz):

Nov 11, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #2,434 of 5,994
Someone in one other forum said, it is like downloading the music directly to your brain. It sounds so real.

Many people mix up two things: How realistic and accurate something sounds, and much one might have gotten used to and enjoys an "altered" sound, like boosted bass, thick lower mids or pushed up upper treble. Especially if they listen to music that is heavily processed or not from any natural sound source, where there is hardly any accuracy reference. I think if you have that reference in mind, you really get what Stealth is capable of. Just amazing...

It is now the only HP I listen to daily. I just sometimes take out the HEKse to hear my surrounding. Otherwise Stealth for everything including metal. Especially if it is made as well as this (Qobuz):

After a two week hiatus from my stealth and using only my aeon2's, returning back to stealth has been a joy. The difference is night and day. And I'll also note that again A/Bing comparing the bass of the two they now sound 95% comparable when listening to tracks that I previously found stealth lacking in. Dunno if it's my ears or brain or just the cans, but wow.
Still undecided if I keep the aeons or not, but it's a lot harder to decide now!

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #2,435 of 5,994
I was so shocked by the performance of the Stealth that I literally started to cry after a few minutes.
Ahh the cry test. No headphone has checked that box for me yet but many songs have

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #2,436 of 5,994

For me, Stealth are the new reference standard for tonality, timbre, and realism. The simulated openness is very cool and just downright freaking impressive. I can't wait to hear what Dan can achieve with a true open-back design.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #2,437 of 5,994
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,438 of 5,994
My bet is that Abyss announces Closed Cans tomorrow 1Pm EST on YouTube. Just watch

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #2,441 of 5,994
My bet is that Abyss announces Closed Cans tomorrow 1Pm EST on YouTube. Just watch
It’s been all but confirmed it’s a Diana Phi TC and not the closed back. I wish it was the closed back though :cry:

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #2,442 of 5,994
Competition on the horizon
https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/liric

Yes, not exactly the same price league but it also has some nice innovations for closed backs.
I hope it is good and innovative. But what I find a little bit irritating is that, a photo of the measurement fixture is there but not the measurement data. Why? Sorry, but “the measurements don’t matter” is a complete BS. If it wasn’t, they would not try to fix the distortion issues. I feel like, some companies cannot properly tune the HPs and then blame the fixture that “the measurement data would anyway not be correct above 3 kHz”.

But still, it looks like a good design and I hope it is technically competitive, too.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #2,445 of 5,994
You reckon the Diana looks like a toy :), an expensive toy then!
Diana FEELS terrible, like a plastic toy, on your head. for my experience the hands down worst feeling headphone on the market... almost at any pricepoint!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back