Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #871 of 991
The Noire sounds great with the Mojo 2. I'd be comfortable using it as my main source with the Noire.
Agree. Mojo 2 and A2N great combination.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #872 of 991
I highly recommend the iFI Diablo for the Aeon 2 / Noire (or any DCA headphones really, ETHER 2 especially). It just has so much power that planars really come to life with it. The DAC section is really great too. The Diablo has great treble extension and adds a bit of energy to the upper midrange. I haven't heard the Chord to compare though.

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #873 of 991
Could Ibasso DX320be enough to drive AEON 2 Noire?
I like it with Ananda Nano but I like this combo more with Nano.
I’m looking for a closed back, no rush but I’d try a DCA one day.

IMG_9028.jpeg
IMG_8364.jpeg

Nov 3, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #874 of 991
Could Ibasso DX320be enough to drive AEON 2 Noire?
I like it with Ananda Nano but I like this combo more with Nano.
I’m looking for a closed back, no rush but I’d try a DCA one day.

IMG_9028.jpegIMG_8364.jpeg
Yes. the DX320 powers the Aeon 2 Noire with ease. I use the amp14 with excellent results. The AN2 are not that difficult to drive. I use them often with my Schiit Folkvangr.

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #875 of 991
Iam listening to the noire for a few months now, I had the dekoni sheepskin pads on them, but changed them to the DCA Aeon pads (not perforated) I really wants the perforated pads but in Europe they are hell to find them...
I understand the praise about these headphones, but also understand when people talk about the lack of slam and dynamics. For me these are great, closed back if I want peace and quietness.

But I found something, this weekend I bought a kaei tap-1 which is a tube amp with 4900mw output, I was listening to this amp, removed the white filter and wow there it is... Smooth lush full, fatigue free sound I love. I can switch to solid state with this tap-1 (it's a hybrid) and clearly hear the differents, but love the tube sound with the noires (or aeon 2 closed because of my pads on the noire).

So my next project is to find the perforated pads somewhere, thomann.de had them but they cannot tell when they will be back in stock :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #876 of 991
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #878 of 991
I want to preface this by saying that I’ve spent a couple months worth of collective time with the Noire and I absolutely love them. But I’m now on my third pair, with all 3 being directly shipped from DCA, and just earlier tonight this third pair has had most of the audio permanently shifted to the right ear, and it is especially noticeable with highs and vocals. My previous pair that I’ve sent back to DCA exhibited the same exact issue and the audio shift happened as I was using them. I’ve troubleshooted with every test and check I could think of, both with the previous and current pair of Noires, and I’m at a loss as to how or why this has happened twice now. I practically baby the headphones and keep them in a case whenever they’re not in use. The previous pair I used with no issues for 3 months, while the current pair I’ve had for just about a month.

I’m wracking my brain trying to think of anything else that could be causing this defect. Maybe it’s the environment I’m living in, which is fairly cold and a bit humid, or maybe it’s the fault of my Schiit Magni Heretic. Maybe it’s just bad luck. I just want my pair to work for a long time, or ideally forever. Going through this thread and the one on ASR, it doesn’t seem like anyone else has had this specific issue. I’ve already contacted DCA to figure things out, but I wanted to write this out since I’m frustrated with what’s going on.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #879 of 991
I want to preface this by saying that I’ve spent a couple months worth of collective time with the Noire and I absolutely love them. But I’m now on my third pair, with all 3 being directly shipped from DCA, and just earlier tonight this third pair has had most of the audio permanently shifted to the right ear, and it is especially noticeable with highs and vocals. My previous pair that I’ve sent back to DCA exhibited the same exact issue and the audio shift happened as I was using them. I’ve troubleshooted with every test and check I could think of, both with the previous and current pair of Noires, and I’m at a loss as to how or why this has happened twice now. I practically baby the headphones and keep them in a case whenever they’re not in use. The previous pair I used with no issues for 3 months, while the current pair I’ve had for just about a month.

I’m wracking my brain trying to think of anything else that could be causing this defect. Maybe it’s the environment I’m living in, which is fairly cold and a bit humid, or maybe it’s the fault of my Schiit Magni Heretic. Maybe it’s just bad luck. I just want my pair to work for a long time, or ideally forever. Going through this thread and the one on ASR, it doesn’t seem like anyone else has had this specific issue. I’ve already contacted DCA to figure things out, but I wanted to write this out since I’m frustrated with what’s going on.
What happened with the first pair?

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #880 of 991
Not sure if this is related. I've had the right driver on my Aeon-RT sort of seize up with greatly reduced output and running it at 100 dB or so for a few seconds frees it up and the channel imbalance goes away.

I had a permanent channel imbalance happen with the original AFO I think that was related to a driver tension issue that was repaired and has not recurred.

My Noire has not had this problem.

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #882 of 991
The first pair had an imbalance out of the box with the left ear being louder. It was not as significant as what happened with the two pairs after but still something you could pick on.
Seems really bad luck. Hope you get a properly working unit, as this is a great headphone.

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #885 of 991
Not sure if this is related. I've had the right driver on my Aeon-RT sort of seize up with greatly reduced output and running it at 100 dB or so for a few seconds frees it up and the channel imbalance goes away.

I had a permanent channel imbalance happen with the original AFO I think that was related to a driver tension issue that was repaired and has not recurred.

My Noire has not had this problem.

Measure both drivers with an ohm meter when it's stuck. In my experience this is a bad driver and will measure an increased resistance until you unstick it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back