Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #901 of 981
DCA has been replacing the drivers in sets with this issue. If it happens again you can confirm something is wrong by measuring the drivers with a multimeter in resistance mode.

There also was a user that cleaned and reconnected the hirose to driver board connector inside the cup and it fixed their issue.

You can see the connector at the bottom in this image.

1701673484048.jpeg

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #902 of 981
Replacement Noire came in a couple days ago but I've held off on using them until I get a new amp in. Just ordered a JDS Labs Element 3 and it should arrive soon. As for my Schiit stack, support didn't share any info on whether or not my specific models have had history with damaging headphones and just told me to fill out a form to ship my amp to them. I don't know if this is worth pursuing currently so I'll leave it at that for now. Hoping everything goes well this time around.

Just wanted to add that I'm very excited for the Element. I know people generally prefer two separate parts rather than and all in one, and for valid reasons, but with space constraints I think I'll greatly appreciate how sleek the Element is.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #903 of 981
Replacement Noire came in a couple days ago but I've held off on using them until I get a new amp in. Just ordered a JDS Labs Element 3 and it should arrive soon. As for my Schiit stack, support didn't share any info on whether or not my specific models have had history with damaging headphones and just told me to fill out a form to ship my amp to them. I don't know if this is worth pursuing currently so I'll leave it at that for now. Hoping everything goes well this time around.

Just wanted to add that I'm very excited for the Element. I know people generally prefer two separate parts rather than and all in one, and for valid reasons, but with space constraints I think I'll greatly appreciate how sleek the Element is.

Schiit products don't tend to damage headphones. With the built in protections and good QC, Schiit does much bettter than the similar priced products from China.

The first thing Schiit will ask you to do is send the product back for testing. You should make the effort. If there is an issue, they'll fix it. Schiit happens.

I doubt DCA would partner with Schiit if their products are incompatible.

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #904 of 981
Definitely not an incapability.

Did DCA send you a replacement pair or did they repair your pair each time?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #905 of 981
Schiit products don't tend to damage headphones. With the built in protections and good QC, Schiit does much bettter than the similar priced products from China.

The first thing Schiit will ask you to do is send the product back for testing. You should make the effort. If there is an issue, they'll fix it. Schiit happens.

I doubt DCA would partner with Schiit if their products are incompatible.
Perfect product lines don’t exist in the real world. While the risk is much lower of receiving a less than perfect product from Schiit, the probability is not zero. That’s why Schiit allows customers to request a return authorization (RA) via their website. Thus this is most likely a one-off and not an incompatibility. I agree wholeheartedly with you that the product should be sent back to them.

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #907 of 981
The paint on the headband started chipping and wondering how I can get it replaced. Anyone has any idea?

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #908 of 981
The paint on the headband started chipping and wondering how I can get it replaced. Anyone has any idea?
Send a message to DCA and see what they say. Wouldn't be too hard to repaint em but you'd have to disassemble to get the ball joint out of the earcup. Or just bag mask it and hit with the matte black Rustoleum

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #912 of 981
A new forum member who recently purchased a used AEON 2 Noire just PM'ed me regarding the dimensions of the foam separator block, which is missing from his set. He is considering making his own.

For the public record, the dimensions are roughly 2" x 1.75" x 1.375".

@mrspeakers , are these available for purchase? If so, at what price?

Jan 4, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #913 of 981
A new forum member who recently purchased a used AEON 2 Noire just PM'ed me regarding the dimensions of the foam separator block, which is missing from his set. He is considering making his own.

For the public record, the dimensions are roughly 2" x 1.75" x 1.375".

@mrspeakers , are these available for purchase? If so, at what price?
Just email info@danclarkaudio.com, it's free domestic, +shipping for international.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #915 of 981
Did anyone compared aeon 2 noire with denon d7200/9200?
I own the AH-D7200 and the Noires.

In my view, they play in different leagues. As closed headphones, both isolate well from external noise and let little sound escape to the outside. The AH-D7200 lack finesse and sufficient level in high mids and treble, giving it an unnatural tonality (even in vocals), which is especially noticeable in genres such as classical. However, thdy work well on pop/rock recordings with excessive treble in the mix, and are also immune to sibilance. The Noires are much more balanced, barring a slight increase in the frequencies between 100 and 200 Hz, with neutral reproduction in the mids and just a little bit of treble overkill, so they do not mask the sibilance in the recording. The soundstage is small on the AH-D7200 and normal on the Noires. I prefer the Noires to the AH-D7200, in almost everything except for some occasional recording where they have gone too far in turning up the volume in the high mids and treble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back