Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #46 of 999
Jan 7, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #48 of 999
@arielext that cable is perfect. Really enjoying it with my noire and it is a better fit in the case than any of the stock or premium options.

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #49 of 999
@arielext that cable is perfect. Really enjoying it with my noire and it is a better fit in the case than any of the stock or premium options.
I got 2 of those now, for DCA and Focal/anything 3.5mm. If I ever need another connector I'm checking to see if these come with that plug. One of the best cables I ever had at such a sweet price.

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #50 of 999
Wow guys only 4 pages of discussions!
At their price/value range I’ve expected to see hundreds of comments frankly speaking 😂

Just bought a pair of mine and a VIVO 4.4mm cable.
Took them over LCD-XC 2021, Denon 9200, DCA Stealth, Ether C and Rognir.
Only planar closed backs that I was not able to audition were R10P.

Noire 2 sound is just amazing. I feel that every other closed iso/dynamic competitor lacks at smth - be it default tuning, SQ, comfort or price.

Listening them on my SP2K and Hiby RS6 - both pairings are just so enjoyable.
Only thing one need struggle a bit is adjusting the strap and cups placement initially.

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #51 of 999
Wow guys only 4 pages of discussions!
At their price/value range I’ve expected to see hundreds of comments frankly speaking 😂

I totally agree with you.

Noire 2 sound is just amazing. I feel that every other closed iso/dynamic competitor lacks at smth - be it default tuning, SQ, comfort or price.

Yes indeed:beyersmile:

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #52 of 999
I picked this over the DCA Stealth as well. I'm still curious about the Rognir.

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #53 of 999
Just bought a pair of mine and a VIVO 4.4mm cable.
Took them over LCD-XC 2021, Denon 9200, DCA Stealth, Ether C and Rognir.
Only planar closed backs that I was not able to audition were R10P.

I received my Noire 2s a few months ago and was immediately impressed. Recently though I received a WyWires Platinum cable and also figured out how to play my PGGB’d tracks in their full 16FS glory on my Poly/Mojo. I’ve been astonished by what I’ve been hearing.

The supplied DUMMER cable is better than the “distinctly un-magical” tag line suggests. It can be enjoyable for sure. The WyWires Platinum is a very nice step up though. Timbre is better reproduced. One example of that is on the Paul Simon track “Late in the Evening” opens with some really cool percussion. That a real cowbell is being struck becomes more evident as the reproduction of the tone, timbre and transient attack is more lifelike. What astonished me is that my big rig doesn’t reveal as much of this goodness.

The DUMMER is slightly colored relative to the WyWires and that coloration but unless one is accustomed to greater transparency it might not be something they notice or care about. But it does very slightly rob the Aeon 2 Noire of some of its magic. Still I think it’s much better than the stock cable Audioquest shipped with the NightOwl Carbon.

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #54 of 999
Absolutely love the Noire 2. Im thinking about getting Dekonis Sheepskin pads for them and a silver coated cable like I got for my Focal Elegia. But should end in a 4.4mm termination.

Someone got experience with the Dekonis pads on the Noire?

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_112813.jpg
    IMG_20220106_112813.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #55 of 999
I picked this over the DCA Stealth as well. I'm still curious about the Rognir.
Rognirs excel everywhere but have several critical flows for me:
1. They are too smooth everywhere - you just can’t hear the edges and sharpness where you know it should be
2. Tuning can be perceived as somewhat dull - I did find it not engaging at all on both SP2K and RS6

Soundstage, layering, instruments positioning and comfort are great though.

Jan 9, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #56 of 999
Absolutely love the Noire 2. Im thinking about getting Dekonis Sheepskin pads for them and a silver coated cable like I got for my Focal Elegia. But should end in a 4.4mm termination.

Someone got experience with the Dekonis pads on the Noire?

Haven't tried the dekoni pads for DCA, but the foam is likely a bit stiffer. Using the sheepskin (non perforated?) Would make the Noires turn into the regular A2C.

For me, the outstanding comfort of the stock pads is hard to beat.

However, of you do try them, please let us know if they have the same problem of the foam turning inside the pads!

Jan 9, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #57 of 999
Haven't tried the dekoni pads for DCA, but the foam is likely a bit stiffer. Using the sheepskin (non perforated?) Would make the Noires turn into the regular A2C.

For me, the outstanding comfort of the stock pads is hard to beat.

However, of you do try them, please let us know if they have the same problem of the foam turning inside the pads!
So far my stock pads are fine. But I really like the comfortable feeling the Dekonis Stellia sheepskin pads provide.

But I would hate to change the sound profile of the Noire 2.

They are just perfect as they are.

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #58 of 999
I'm thinking of getting these cans as an upgrade to my current Nighthawk Carbon.

Does anyone know how it pairs with a JDS Labs Element 2?

Also, does anyone game with them on PC? How are they for that?

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #60 of 999
I'm thinking of getting these cans as an upgrade to my current Nighthawk Carbon.

Does anyone know how it pairs with a JDS Labs Element 2?

Also, does anyone game with them on PC? How are they for that?
I have the Noires with the element 2 and it's very nice... Lots of power, and very clean sound from the element.

Don't have tons of other gear, so no comparisons, but I think it's solid equipment that works well with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back