Damn I'm depressed....
May 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #61 of 171

Quote:
For a while I thought about this "now Im going to chance"-stuff, but after letting out some steam my mind changed.
Now Im not sure if I should keep trying or just move on. The girls friend told me shes already having problems with her boyfriend and thats shes crying because she was afraid to lose me after this.
She really cares about me, but I was just too slow.

Stay as her friend then.  Maybe it's too late to actually form a relationship, but if she cares about you, you should at least care back.  Don't want to end up being in a rebound relationship though, that probably wouldn't end well...

May 31, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #62 of 171

Quote:
Stay as her friend then.  Maybe it's too late to actually form a relationship, but if she cares about you, you should at least care back.  Don't want to end up being in a rebound relationship though, that probably wouldn't end well...

I will stay as her friend, that I had already decided. The case is that our relationship really had not even started yet. We were long time friends but I stayed too long in the friend-zone. Actually I was going to ask her tomorrow
frown.gif
. So this really was in the end all my fault, but her friend really encouraged me to keep going.

I need to do some thinking.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #64 of 171
Stop going to the trendy bars. You do have neighborhood bars, you're just not going to them.

Go to the places that have been there forever. Dive bars are a very good thing, too. If you can't find any, use Yelp and search for dives.

Forget age (as long as she's 18, of course) and don't be superficial. If you find someone who is into you, pursue it. Older women are awesome and would be good for you. You sound inexperienced. An older, usually divorced, woman will take care of that. Don't worry about commitment, etc. Be kind to her, take her to dinner, give her lots of compliments, take her on weekend trips, and so on. It won't last forever, but you'll have a great time. Trust me. She'll feel 20 years younger, love it, show a lot of appreciation, and teach you a lot. Have fun. :)

Forget about finding "ideal" marriage material. You have no idea what you want right now. Go out and get some experience.

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #65 of 171
Is it just me or am I getting a heavy Anakin Skywalker vibe here?

Quote:
I was sitting on the floor next to her, she asked me to lay next to her, reluctantly I agreed, (I have a futon, equiv to a full sized bed) she then laid on her side and started twirling her finger in my hair, but I was a "good guy" and didn't do anything, from here on out, I'm gonna do something....

OP-  You were right there.  Maybe you're over-correcting?  There's a lot of space between being shy and being a d-bag.  But it sounds like you're going to do what you're going to do, and you have plenty of time to learn.

Uncle E- enlightening as always! 

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #66 of 171
Hello BattleBrat. If what you are doing right now is not working for you, maybe it is time for a change. If you are 25 and live in Pasadena this should be the peak of your life. You are minutes away from the greatest place to meet girls with hollywood and downtown just right there so you gotta take advantage of it. To be honest, I met my girlfriend at a club, and you don't need the friendly neighborhood bar scene. I know way too many people who simply give up and don't even go out anymore because what they are doing is not working. If you don't put yourself in the position to meet girls than you won't meet any. I live in LA and go out pretty often, so I'd be happy to take you out. Pm me if you're interested. What kind of girls are you into cause maybe thats the problem? Also, it never hurts getting a girls opinion on your game. They'll tell you what your strengths and weaknesses are.
Quote:
I'm using that. Unfortunately here at old town there aren't really any "regulars" there are WAY too many people moving in and out, tourists, etc. I tip VERY well (30-50%) here in southern california (and especially Old Town in Pasadena, Gas Lamp district in Orange County, Old Town Monrovia, and MANY others) there are simply too many people to get that "friendly neighborhood bar" atmosphere, let alone one with young women in my age bracket (I'm shooting for 20-27)

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #67 of 171
Im sorry but meeting girls is really easy... Learn how to open a window... Take a bottle of Chloroform and your ready to go.
evil_smiley.gif

But in all honesty, if you come across with confidence, smile and laugh. Then girls will usually take onto you. Never give them to much attention! Just enough to keep them interested! Being open and honest and complimenting them on features such as nice hair and eyes goes a long way. Dont be the clown who says "Nice Rack" and "Nice Ass". That will definitely get you no where.

Also being a douche never ever works! Especially if you were a nice guy to begin with! Girls can pick up on these things! Trust me i have seen guys fall flat on there face trying that angle.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #68 of 171
Nice girls do like nice guys, the problem is they may not always be as hot as wenches or too smart to want you specifically. Hey I'll make you a deal, I'll shoot you in the face if you shoot me in the heart.

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #69 of 171
^ Don't really understand that metaphor?

@BattleBrat: don't go down that route! You have to realize how douchebags work: they truly do not care about women. And thus, the women they attract and who stay are those who lack self-confidence and are usually drama queens. With your sort of experience, I guess you resent women, which does not equal not caring (because in reality, you do care and got hurt). Even if you might have moderate success in the beginning, once you fall for a drama queen, you will be in for a long and painful ride. (BTW not speaking from experience, just deducing from the personality of some girls I know)
Clean yourself up, listen to some advice (e.g. Uncle Erik's
biggrin.gif
), take a deep breath and relax!

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #71 of 171
Hmm really good advice on some of these posts, but the Douchebags were happy to have me, and it's on! And NO I don't care about them anymore, it is all about me now. It is not an "angle" I'm trying, I simply don't give a F#&$ anymore, I'm getting more aggressive by the day, it feels good. And girls love douchebags, because girls are idiots, they simply don't know any better (good for me 
very_evil_smiley.gif
) LITERALLY! There are a few smart ones they are the ones with cats! and even they won't give the good guys a chance.
It is Nature Vs Nurture. Nurture will function as long as it is supported, remove that support, and you go back to nature, I used to think with my head, when it comes to girls, that is the wrong part to think with, why do you think douchbags do so well? I was told on another forum when regarding chicks you need to stop thinking with your head and start thinking with your hardware, and that was coming from a guy who was a douche, so he knew what he was talking about (it was also when I knew to get the hell out of the IGN Vestibule)

Quote:
Holy crap, I just read the first page and I completely get why she had no interest in you. I couldn't stand to read any more than a few posts, yet alone want to have a conversation with you :s

That the best you can do? Bring it on baby! When you're not listening to your cheap toy equipment (nice speakers LOL!) my CHEAP system is more expensive than your main system, you're a joke, go back to ABI that's where the kiddies belong.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #73 of 171
I wouldn't be a very good douchebag if I wasn't drawing the haters, now would I?

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #75 of 171

Quote:
Quote:
And girls love douchebags, because girls are idiots, they simply don't know any better (good for me 
very_evil_smiley.gif
) LITERALLY! There are a few smart ones (they are the ones with cats!)

I'm so glad that I don't live in your world.

In the midwest it is different, I actually got some attention in Minnesota, they appreciate their good guys there, douches are a bit more scarce out there... but Minnesota is in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! I've been to St.Paul, Minneapolis Duluth, Bemidji. that and those girls were those midwestern type, out here in CA they would be chewed up and spit out, (I've seen it with my own eyes) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back