DAC frequency response question
Dec 3, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #76 of 134
And that's what gets me involved in the scientific thread, reading untruths, and misdirecting.
There is a great deal of confidence in making false claims.
Gentlemen, all tests must be completed by listening, if the measurements do not match the hearing, then it does not pass, if the measurements do not detect you, and the hearing detects, then your measuring devices are primitive, and the approach is wrong.
You have to change your approach
Your approach is different from the real scientific community, or you draw wrong conclusions based on what you have read, and then you encourage each other into wrong beliefs.
You might think that you don't need anything better than a laptop for listening to music, and that the biggest changes in the system come with headphones, but that's not the approach for Sound Sciences.
I know that from everything I have presented, nothing will be correctly understood or accepted, and Sound Science will remain the appendix of Head-Fi, which many go around in a wide arc

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #77 of 134
Last weekend I screened the new Bowie film, "Moonage Daydream". It had great sound. It reminded me of The Beatles "Love". Anyone else seen it? I'd be interested in hearing it on a good Atmos setup.

Dec 3, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #79 of 134
Dec 3, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #80 of 134
I think he explained that his test is good because he does it after deciding in his head that he'll be unbiased.

Dec 3, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #81 of 134
I think he explained that his test is good because he does it after deciding in his head that he'll be unbiased.
I don't understand your sarcasm
I build the system correctly with my decisions. I don't listen to music with charts and other people's beliefs, and it turns out to be the right way.
Other people's experiences help me a lot, but we know the material. It would be enough if you had ever listened to top-quality sound in your life, then you would understand.
I want to point out to others the experiences that I had.
Science is necessary, but in clear brains, and these are people who know the subject

You have absolutely no idea what a premium system sounds like
You here laugh at the mention that cables affect the sound, and you call yourselves the ones to learn from.
I told you, you have to change the tree from the roots

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #83 of 134
Gentlemen, just continue to enjoy superb sound when you plug your headphones into your laptop.
I will not disturb you anymore, unless you continue with the valuations

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #84 of 134

He's decided in his head that he knows what he's talking about and his words hold more value than other people's too. The power of positive thinking! He should work on deciding in his head that he can fly next. I'd like to see that, and I'll be down on the ground cheering him on as he flies around in the clouds.

Ah! If only I had heard a *premium* sound system... then I would be able to be free of bias, my hearing wouldn't be limited by perceptual error, and I would be flying all the way to the moon and back!

We should all strive to be happier and more satisfied with ourselves. https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/stupid-people-happier.htm

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #85 of 134
He's decided in his head that he knows what he's talking about and his words hold more value than other people's too. The power of positive thinking! He should work on deciding in his head that he can fly next. I'd like to see that, and I'll be down on the ground cheering him on as he flies around in the clouds.

Ah! If only I had heard a *premium* sound system... then I would be able to be free of bias, my hearing wouldn't be limited by perceptual error, and I would be flying all the way to the moon and back!

We should all strive to be happier and more satisfied with ourselves. https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/stupid-people-happier.htm
Ha ha ha, good description, and at the same time sad, because you are laughing at me.
Music is art in many dimensions. When you surrender to it, you fly.
I understand that not everyone is able to afford better equipment, but you should be aware that it exists, and wish for it.
I can see you from above, you are so small
And, yes, my words are more valuable, because they are reality

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #86 of 134
Speaking of "head in the clouds", your comments are on every thread in Sound Science, and you set yourself up as an authority over everyone and belittle everyone. Are you really convinced that you and your friends are the smartest on the whole forum?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #87 of 134
For the past couple of months I've been decluttering and organizing. My theater had become overrun with blu-rays stacked up on top of just about every flat surface. I kept meaning to take them out of their cases and put them in sleeves so they don't take up as much space, but they were arriving faster than I could shuck cases. I built a storage shed in the yard and filled it with steel shelving. All the books, CDs and movies went into big plastic bins on the shelves. There ended up being 40 bins of movies. It cleared out the theater completely and every weekend, I grab a bin or two and sleeve the discs and throw out cases. Last weekend was the first time I got to run the multichannel rig since clearing out the theater. It was amazing. I didn't realize how much the clutter affected the sound, but I guess I should have expected it with waist high stacks of cases in front of the speakers and a table stacked high in the middle of the room. My friends visiting for Thanksgiving were happy to get to see movies again too. The couches were covered with stacks of discs. Now there is room for company.

I keep telling myself that I am an "accumulator" and not a hoarder...

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #88 of 134
For the past couple of months I've been decluttering and organizing. My theater had become overrun with blu-rays stacked up on top of just about every flat surface. I kept meaning to take them out of their cases and put them in sleeves so they don't take up as much space, but they were arriving faster than I could shuck cases. I built a storage shed in the yard and filled it with steel shelving. All the books, CDs and movies went into big plastic bins on the shelves. There ended up being 40 bins of movies. It cleared out the theater completely and every weekend, I grab a bin or two and sleeve the discs and throw out cases. Last weekend was the first time I got to run the multichannel rig since clearing out the theater. It was amazing. I didn't realize how much the clutter affected the sound, but I guess I should have expected it with waist high stacks of cases in front of the speakers and a table stacked high in the middle of the room. My friends visiting for Thanksgiving were happy to get to see movies again too. The couches were covered with stacks of discs. Now there is room for company.

I keep telling myself that I am an "accumulator" and not a hoarder...
If you were wealthy you’d be a “Collector” ?
😬

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #89 of 134
I spend too much money on "stuff" to be wealthy!

Dec 3, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #90 of 134
Last weekend I screened the new Bowie film, "Moonage Daydream". It had great sound. It reminded me of The Beatles "Love". Anyone else seen it? I'd be interested in hearing it on a good Atmos setup.

I haven't seen it yet, but it's a 5.1 audio track. Sometimes I like to keep concerts in their surround format. But I can also toggle between Dolby Surround (Atmos upmixer), DTS:X Neural (DTS's 3D audio upmixer), and Auro-3D. I normally prefer DTS for upmixing vs Dolby Surround...and depending on content, sometimes Auro-3D has a nicer recessed sound field. I'll grab it based on your recommendation.

Sign O The Times BD came and I was able to listen to tracks in stereo, Atmos, DTS, or Auro-3D (turns out the Auro-3D data was in the DTS track). Atmos and Auro didn't sound odd on my system, but the Auro seemed a bit too recessed. The Atmos track has better dynamics, and the performers seem closer to you.

RE movies....I've replaced BDs with UHDs as they come out. I'm also ripping old movies on h.265 (the newest video codec that UHD discs use: saves space). As HDD prices come down, I just collect more TBs of drives. Have thousands of movies and TV shows on Plex. Streaming services have collections too. I just tried subscribing to Criterion Channel (while I've also been getting some of their 4K discs when they're on sale). I figured their streaming site wouldn't be offering 4K (Atmos and Dolby Vision) like other services, but I am surprised that they don't support surround sound either. They do have a lot of older movies in mono or stereo...but still, it would be nice to have surround sound for movies that were mastered that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back