DAC frequency response question
Dec 7, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #121 of 134
Australia is definitely closer to being American than Europe.

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #122 of 134
I can't believe educated people still have such arguments. Eurovision settled the matter once and for all, years ago.
aD3nARG_700b.jpg

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #124 of 134
Yeah, we just ignore those pesky Native Americans, just like you folks and the Aborigines.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #126 of 134
In some ways yes but in most ways no. If anything we are closer politically and culturally to the UK.

Dec 7, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #127 of 134
Australia is big and open and they know how to surf!

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #128 of 134
Certainly not with video standards. Their blu-ray region is the same as Europe (B) and has had the PAL system.

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #129 of 134
The discovery of a 100-million-year-old Plesiosaurus fossil, an extraordinary event.
Hmm, I can't decide which information fascinated me more, that, or the recent discovery that Australia is big and open :thinking:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #132 of 134
I learned something new today! They have Pleosaurs in Australia!

Dec 22, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #134 of 134
… Have I got this right?
Yep, we could quibble about details within those things but you’re essentially right.
“Amps usually have have flat FR (except at the very ends), and DACs don't even have FR.”
If a DAC doesn’t: Respond with Frequency, what does is respond with; hamsters, toilet rolls, nothing at all? A DAC is a Digital (data) to Analogue (signal) Converter. An analogue signal is an electrical current that alternates at a frequency/range of frequencies. So if a DAC does not have a Frequency Response, then by definition it is not a DAC. The assertion is nonsense, as you rightly pointed out and demonstrates a lack of basic knowledge that would be shocking (anywhere other than the audiophile world, where it’s the norm).
DACs don't have a transfer function, because their input is digital and output is analog
If DACs didn’t have a transfer function then their output would be the same digital data that was input. All DACs would be empty boxes with an input and output that are identical and therefore they again wouldn’t be DACs. So again, a nonsense assertion.
you can't measure a difference between a digital "1" or "0" and an analog signal (at least not in dBs)."
But that’s effectively what all ADCs (Analogue to Digital Converters) do. So if you can’t measure that, then there would be no ADCs, no digital audio and no DACs, so what is he reviewing? Just more ridiculous nonsense!
Then he suggested I post to this forum instead of replying to anything he's written
He clearly has a very poor understanding of audio, simply makes-up nonsense to hide the ignorance your questions exposed and your continued responses then started to reveal the fact it was just made-up nonsense. So what other option did he have, if he wanted to retain any semblance of authority/respect with his followers, other than to politely get rid of you as soon as possible?

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back