DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions
Aug 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #91 of 95
Aug 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #92 of 95
Quote:
Yeah I can appreciate that. It's just that at this point I've sunk no money into this hobby other than a nice soundcard (Auzentech Forte) and a pair of used cans. It feels a lot more comfortable to make smaller purchases spread out over a period of time rather than to jump to $1k cans with no real experience in the area.

Like I said, you'll appreciate the subtleties offered by the $1K cans even more this way.

Quote: 
Don't people tend to do that?

Yup, and nothing wrong with that.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #93 of 95
Aug 17, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #95 of 95

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys :)

Guess I'm just gonna sit back for a few months and let Schiit and Woo put out their new offerings before I make any real gear decisions...lets me save money too!

I just received my 701 about 2 hours ago!
(As I am righting I am listening through my PC (f/b2000)-Prodigy Cube DAC-E9i and already out of the box I consider K701 absolute keepers... I have the suspicion that the problems that are posted in the forums about the 701 are caused mainly from not adequate driving of the very insensitive 701s - the E9 is supposed to have the power for them. Anyway the burn-in period will tell..)

I agree with your thought ...
I would also, alternatively, recommend the very well priced E9 as a temporary solution until you decide about the next level amp/dac... I think it will be very easy to sell it whenever you want too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back