D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Mar 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #541 of 680
Attention thread newcomers:

This thread is really muddied up with problems, troubleshooting, driver rewrites, etc., and that's okay. They're all real experiences. But I just want to say that mine works plug-and-play, no problems, it sounds great, runs nicely at 192/24 and makes my Westone 4Rs sound great at work. Such a great value—and that doesn't mean mediocre performance at a nice price. It means great performance at an amazing price. 

Just my two cents, thrown in again 
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #542 of 680

Quote:

This thread is really muddied up with problems, troubleshooting, driver rewrites, etc., and that's okay. They're all real experiences. But I just want to say that mine works plug-and-play, no problems, it sounds great, runs nicely at 192/24 and makes my Westone 4Rs sound great at work. Such a great value—and that doesn't mean mediocre performance at a nice price. It means great performance at an amazing price. 

wink.gif

Nice to hear that it has worked well for you. Most, if not all, the problems are with Windows.

Did you experience the USB Warning Message on your iMac?

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #543 of 680

Quote:

wink.gif

Agreed.. Windows 7 here and it has worked perfectly from day one.

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #544 of 680

Quote:
Did you experience the USB Warning Message on your iMac?

Funny you should ask—I actually brought that up in this thread many pages back. I get the power warning when I first turn it on, but there's no performance issues whatsoever.

Oddly enough, I don't get the message on my MacBook Pro. No matter what I do on the iMac (hub/no hub/nothing else plugged in) the message pops up. Certainly doesn't bother me.

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #545 of 680

Quote:
Agreed.. Windows 7 here and it has worked perfectly from day one.

Quote:

wink.gif

I third that motion. The D7 goes with my PK1s like peanut butter and jelly...

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #550 of 680
I put my order in last week and am eagerly awaiting my D7 to arrive. I got notice from iBasso that the unit had been shipped and the EMS tracking page shows the 15th as the day they processed it .
What is the expected turnaround from Hong Kong to California? Previously when I've had shipping via EMS from Japan, it's typically only taken 2 - 3 days for a package to be delivered once EMS has begun processing.

UPDATE:
No sooner did I post this than it showed up - strange about the EMS page not posting any updates. Oh well - it's here now. Time to get it set up :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #551 of 680
Quote:

Really? It's only the most popular school lunch for kids in America 
wink.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't say that it's the consensus opinion. Growing up I liked peanut butter OR jelly sandwiches. Never both. PB&J has never been my thing.
redface.gif

I think jchandler may be referring to the most commonly served school lunch in America (when saying "popular".) Although, I guess he could mean popular, as I wouldn't be surprised if a poll taken at some point suggested that this is the case. I am sure there are plenty of kids who eat it because it's what their parents packed for them, but there are many who like it, too.

Fun peanut butter & jelly sandwich related factoid (credit to Wikipedia): A 2002 survey showed the average American will have eaten 1,500 of these sandwiches before graduating from high school.

I should remember that this forum is worldwide in audience!

In any event, I will correct my statement - the D7 and PK1s go together like (insert 2 favorite ingredients that you like to combine)...

wink.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #552 of 680
Quote:

I think jchandler may be referring to the most commonly served school lunch in America (when saying "popular".) Although, I guess he could mean popular, as I wouldn't be surprised if a poll taken at some point suggested that this is the case. I am sure there are plenty of kids who eat it because it's what their parents packed for them, but there are many who like it, too.

Fun peanut butter & jelly sandwich related factoid (credit to Wikipedia): A 2002 survey showed the average American will have eaten 1,500 of these sandwiches before graduating from high school.

I should remember that this forum is worldwide in audience!

In any event, I will correct my statement - the D7 and PK1s go together like (insert 2 favorite ingredients that you like to combine)...
wink.gif

Peas and Carrots! (Forrest Gump saves the day...)

Interesting survey -- I was never served PB&J growing up in school. I don't remember what caterer my school district used, but it wasn't one of the big ones IIRC.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #553 of 680

Same here, I get the pop up (on a MacBook Pro though), but it functions perfectly. Doesn't really bother me at all.
Quote:
Funny you should ask—I actually brought that up in this thread many pages back. I get the power warning when I first turn it on, but there's no performance issues whatsoever.

Oddly enough, I don't get the message on my MacBook Pro. No matter what I do on the iMac (hub/no hub/nothing else plugged in) the message pops up. Certainly doesn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back