D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Feb 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #317 of 680
Quote:
They will know that you have placed an order. I haven't heard of any cases whether iBasso has actually missed an order, unless you are the first! XD

I never receive any confirmation at all. The only email I received was the tracking number.

When did you receive the tracking number? It has been about two full days since I placed my order, and there have still not been any e-mails sent to me. Maybe I should e-mail them to confirm?

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #318 of 680
I ordered mine on Wed eve and received a tracking # on Sunday morning.

I only received additional correspondence prior to receiving a tracking #, because I asked to be sure they were sending me a black one as I had requested in the Paypal payment comments. They were prompt in responding to my email. Otherwise, I would have not received any additional correspondence beyond the the tracking information.

If you feel inclined, I would shoot them an email to verify when they are planning to ship it.

SL

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #319 of 680
Quote:
I ordered mine on Wed eve and received a tracking # on Sunday morning. I only received additional correspondence prior to receiving a tracking #, because I asked to be sure they were sending me a black one as I had requested in the Paypal payment comments. They were prompt in responding to my email. Otherwise, I would have not received any additional correspondence beyond the the tracking information. If you feel inclined, I would shoot them an email to verify when they are planning to ship it.

Thanks a lot! I just sent them an e-mail asking when they were going to ship it.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #320 of 680
They are as prompt shipping as humanly possible...I have always received the packages promptly...sometimes faster than domestic shipping here in the states, makes me wonder sometimes about inefficiency in shipping!

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #321 of 680
Quote:
They are as prompt shipping as humanly possible...I have always received the packages promptly...sometimes faster than domestic shipping here in the states, makes me wonder sometimes about inefficiency in shipping!

I guess I'm just feeling a little antsy, and had increased expectations, since I'm located only a strait away from China, so shipping times should be significantly less than they are to the US.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #322 of 680

Quote:

We may feel that their EMS shipping in China is cheap. But to them it is not cheap at all when compare to the prices they spend on other goods. The price we pay for the EMS, for instance, USD20-30, could easily feed them 10 to 20 good meals in China, perhaps even more for less developed areas.

So, if we were to spend roughly 10 meals equivalent of money for EMS shipping via UPS or Fedex, we will get approximately similar results =)

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #324 of 680
Quote:
We may feel that their EMS shipping in China is cheap. But to them it is not cheap at all when compare to the prices they spend on other goods. The price we pay for the EMS, for instance, USD20-30, could easily feed them 10 to 20 good meals in China, perhaps even more for less developed areas. So, if we were to spend roughly 10 meals equivalent of money for EMS shipping via UPS or Fedex, we will get approximately similar results =)

Yup.

Quote:
IM guessing that you should be getting your tracking number soon since I just mine

Yeah, they just e-mailed me back (they are prompt! ~1.5 hour reply time) and told me they'd be shipping it out tomorrow and letting me know the tracking number. When did you order yours?

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #328 of 680
Not plug and play in Windows. Shame. My plans to order it were progressing smoothly and after reading 22 pages I was thinking this would be a great solution for me. Unfortunately, I wanted it for work and our workstations are locked down so we can't install much - I run Foobar and Chrome from a pen drive, but did manage to get my HRT MSII working.

Can anyone confirm which iBasso USB amp/dac devices work using the standard USB audio drivers built in to windows?

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #329 of 680
Anyone else getting this message on Mac? Plugged directly in—no hub. It works just fine but I'm puzzled as to why the message pops up.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #330 of 680

Quote:
Anyone tried the D7 with the K701? I know it would be asking a LOT from such a small package but +/- 5v of voltage swing is pretty good...

I have the K702's, and it works really well with those.  It drives them slightly better than my DT880's--I probably have to put the volume a half-notch higher for the DT880's to match that of the K702's, but it drives both adequately on high gain.  I also like the SQ pairing with both the K702's and DT880's (as well as DT990's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back