cyroparts don't understand their own process?
Feb 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #76 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The key to this whole argument is your belief system.

the funny thing about magical thinking in audio is that long time burn-in can turn a crappy phone into first class, a crappy cable into something w/ "great soundstage depth and tight bass response", a crappy discrete opamp into something totally "amazing and holographic"...and the list goes on.

and dipping cables into deep freeze state for a little while would also improve the SQ...hah! and I've personally tried the TWcu to recable headphones, it was terrible....bass was distorted, trebles were dead...and I wanted to believe, I really did!

so when ppl tell me that all the cables sound the same, or that cryo sounds amazing....I just giggle now.

but radioactivity is the next big thang! enriched uranium gives an amazing airy SS, a mind blowing deep low end bass accuracy, and the instruments separation is simply eye popping...you have to hear it to believe it(while you still can).

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #77 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the funny thing about magical thinking in audio is that long time burn-in can turn a crappy phone into first place, a crappy cable into something w/ "great soundstage depth and tight bass response", a crappy discrete amp into something totally amazing...and the list goes on.

and dipping cables into deep freeze state for a little while would also improve the SQ...hah! and I've personally tried the TWcu to recable headphones, it was terrible....bass was distorted, trebles were dead...and I wanted to believe, I really did!

so when ppl tell me that all the cables sound the same, or that cryo sounds amazing....I just giggle now.

but radioactivity is the next big thang! enriched uranium gives an amazing airy SS, a mind blowing deep low end bass accuracy, and the instruments separation is simply eye popping...you have to hear it to believe it(while you still can).

Hi LP

Not sure exactly what you did, but I don't see any reason why well made cables shouldn't sound the same.

USG

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #78 of 139
I've heard someone say ionizing the air is good for dissipating static and is supposedly good for audio. And no, USG, I did not say that so don't challenge me to a DBT please. Some radioactive material will do the same without having to use electricity and will work for thousands of years! Enjoy the radiation sickness.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #79 of 139
Quote:

I don't see any reason why well made cables shouldn't sound the same.

I've got no explanation to offer...I tried a hell lot of recabling on that Manufaktur DT770/600Ω, and the stock cable was just fine tbh...I noticed some improvements w/ an ipod monster cable, but it was nothing to write home about...but still a slightly more pleasant SQ to my ears, too bad its rubber sleeving was too heavy to my taste..the stock cable felt "wireless" in comparison.

I know ppl like to bash Monster, but their cables are cheap and have always sounded great IME(and they're dirt cheap on ebay)...maybe because they use a lot of shielding and other patents to improve the SQ...not just some "magic" deep freeze, that would turn everything into solid gold.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #80 of 139
Quote:

Hi LP

Not sure exactly what you did, but I don't see any reason why well made cables shouldn't sound the same.

USG

This is here you are making a mistake, you need to hear the differences.
wink_face.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #81 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is here you are making a mistake, you need to hear the differences.
wink_face.gif

Quite a few of us have tried aftermarket cables. I have, and I never hear a difference.

Some of the aftermarket cables are pretty, though, and I love the way they look. I kept a Cardas on my HD-600 because it looked so nice.

I might put a Cardas on my HD-800 just for cosmetic reasons.

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #82 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a few of us have tried aftermarket cables. I have, and I never hear a difference.

Some of the aftermarket cables are pretty, though, and I love the way they look. I kept a Cardas on my HD-600 because it looked so nice.

I might put a Cardas on my HD-800 just for cosmetic reasons.

When do we begin to care about such things?
tongue.gif
duggehsmile.png
But they are indeed better than those power cables cost 100$ per foot.
ph34r.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #83 of 139
all metal in my system was heat-treated a few billion years ago in a supernova, then cyro'd in hard vacuum! sounds amazing!!

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #84 of 139
Trying to discuss the real world with audiophiles is the same as trying to discuss the real world with people of a religious nature. It does not matter what you prove and it does not matter how you prove it, they will still believe that the earth is flat.

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #85 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by SB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to discuss the real world with audiophiles is the same as trying to discuss the real world with people of a religious nature. It does not matter what you prove and it does not matter how you prove it, they will still believe that the earth is flat.

i think it's because they've fallen into a circular "work-spend money on audio gear-get reward-work" pattern and so it ingrains itself in their minds where religion and monkey-feelings also lurk. It's essentially what they do with their lives and so, takes on a wholly irrational and fervent edge when threatened because it is them, it is their identity.

And all this talk, just a facet of violence, honestly. Men used to fight wars and work hard on farms/factories/etc, now they grow fat in jobs they've no love for and all violence is illegal. It's why the internet is jam-packed with men arguing the toss over EVERYTHING :/

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #87 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleborg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think it's because they've fallen into a circular "work-spend money on audio gear-get reward-work" pattern and so it ingrains itself in their minds where religion and monkey-feelings also lurk. It's essentially what they do with their lives and so, takes on a wholly irrational and fervent edge when threatened because it is them, it is their identity.

And all this talk, just a facet of violence, honestly. Men used to fight wars and work hard on farms/factories/etc, now they grow fat in jobs they've no love for and all violence is illegal. It's why the internet is jam-packed with men arguing the toss over EVERYTHING :/

Thanks, Dr. Freud. Curious, have you ever considered how rational it is to insult audiophiles on an audiophile forum? Who is the violent one?

Grunt, grunt.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #88 of 139
actually, "audiophile" has become more of an insult overtime IMO...I'd prefer "audioholic"...to me an "audiophile" is more of an "idiophile" who's willing to pay $499 for a 1ft magic USB cable.

PS: haha, this company sells $3K USB cables, and has a 30 days money-back policy...but w/ a 20% restocking fee(because "demand is so high" and they are so "busy building cables"): http://www.locus-design.com/cynosure_usb.html

it's sad that some ppl fall for this...really sad...indeed idiophilism is a sect of the worst kind, now what kind of bad *ss rig can you get for $3K
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #90 of 139
that reminds of a movie I really enjoyed: Suckers (1999/I)
Quote:

Ever bought a used car from a dealer before? Want to know what REALLY happens behind the scenes? This movie offers some insight through the eyes of one of the dealers.

funniest movie EVER! and at some point, one of the salesman says "damn, this is legal robbery!"....there's no cooling off period in the state where the movie takes place, and god**** these salesmen are good...this movie is beyond words!
afrojojo.gif

Quote:

You are so beyond **cked, you couldn't catch a bus back to **cked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back