Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #991 of 1,788
Quote:
Just had an email from David at cypherlabs. He confirmed the chip is not the one mentioned here and went on to add that it is not just about the chip but all the other components that make up a DAC which affect the sound as well which I feel is quite right.
We can get caught up on various names and so called upgrades of components when if something is done right in the beginning then it is simply right, sure, time may pass and technology changes things but it has to be a pretty profound shift to make considerable changes.
When you see, as one does with this component it being used in really high end home based systems and satisfying folks who have spent hundreds of thousands on components it speaks volumes of the basic rightness of this product.
Have you noticed as well that unlike some other much lauded giant killing products featured on headfi this one has just quietly gone about its business of providing users with a reliable, high quality sound, no constant up grades or new shiny stuff to make the previous stuff obsolete over night, no buggy issues or complex needs to simply hear music, just plug, play and revel in the music which is all it is about after all!

This is a great information and I totally agreed with the comment from CypherLabs.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #993 of 1,788
Sep 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #995 of 1,788
I doubt that very much. The main reason is that in EU any device has to support this usb port for charging so every device wont require proprietary chargers

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #997 of 1,788
A friend of mine bought a Dragonfly at Best Buy today, during lunch, played with it on his work PC this afternoon, then loaned it to me for the weekend!  

Nice guy, huh?  
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to get started!  

I will be comparing it to my DACport LX (if I can figure out how to bypass the Dragonfly's head amp - so that I'm getting Line Out instead).  

Here are the two chains:

WAV -> Foobar2000 -> Dragonfly Line Out -> 16V-powered iBasso PB2 with LME49990s and HA5002 Buffers -> balanced out to Toxic Cables' Silver Poison -> LCD-2 rev.1

vs.

WAV -> Foobar2000 -> DACport LX -> 16V-powered iBasso PB2 with LME49990s and HA5002 Buffers -> balanced out to Toxic Cables' Silver Poison -> LCD-2 rev.1

Any quick tips for getting Line Out from the Dragonfly would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #998 of 1,788
A friend of mine bought a Dragonfly at Best Buy today, during lunch, played with it on his work PC this afternoon, then loaned it to me for the weekend!  

Nice guy, huh?  :D   

I can't wait to get started!  

I will be comparing it to my DACport LX (if I can figure out how to bypass the Dragonfly's head amp - so that I'm getting Line Out instead).  

Here are the two chains:

WAV -> Foobar2000 -> Dragonfly Line Out -> 16V-powered iBasso PB2 with LME49990s and HA5002 Buffers -> balanced out to Toxic Cables' Silver Poison -> LCD-2 rev.1

vs.

WAV -> Foobar2000 -> DACport LX -> 16V-powered iBasso PB2 with LME49990s and HA5002 Buffers -> balanced out to Toxic Cables' Silver Poison -> LCD-2 rev.1

[COLOR=800080]Any quick tips for getting Line Out from the Dragonfly would be very much appreciated.[/COLOR]

Thanks!

Mike

Mike...

Setting both your music player volume and OS volume to max will allow the Dragonfly to function as a Line-Out device.

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #1,002 of 1,788
There has been a few mentions about that, not too sure if there will be one though!  I still love my CLAS, and I will probably buy this one too. :p

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #1,003 of 1,788
hey guys is it true about the new CLAS going to be released on October?

I would suggest you ask them directly, it would only be guesswork here.

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,004 of 1,788
well I did the battery upgrade, I now have 2 ultralife ubbp01's, not sure the playtime I will get from them? will know in few days,

but holy sh!t does ALO ever put them in, like almost permamently? some 2 faced foam tape that has to be cut in two to get it out! job done! and some two faced scotch tape now holds it all together just nicely, and I got a great bargain on the batteries from Mouser Electronics, http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ultralife/UBBP01/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsG1k5vdNM%2fczyjOq%252bW10wD, what they have pictured isn't labled the same, still an ultrlife battery, but it is labled the same as whet ALO has in th eCLAS alreday, so that was an awesoem surprise,

Happy Listening everybody!

now only if I can replace my iPod Classics battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back