Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #1,006 of 1,788
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #1,007 of 1,788
Interesting. It does not officially support the iPad which is a fantastic decision allowing it to charge the iPod.

,,,and yes, I am 99.9% certain that it will work just fine with the iPad. (Apple has strange rules governing these things.)

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #1,013 of 1,788
ineteresting addition... doing both iphone / pc is a great plus :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #1,014 of 1,788
The new one looks great, balanced output as well which would work with my blackbird but I am not going to get it as I now listen exclusivly to my single ended Piano Forte's and the circuit in the Blackbird runs a pseudo balanced signal to the single ended output. Plus for me the next thing is a home set up again when I move. I am sure though this new one will sound wonderful. For me I am done, I love the sound out of my set up now and knowing when to stop is a useful thing!

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #1,016 of 1,788
Quote:
Just saw the price.
frown.gif

*Cough*
*Splutter*
*Wheeze*

blink.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #1,017 of 1,788
Well, I'm willing to bet that anyone who would pay $600 for a Solo that only gets ~8 hours of battery life, has single-ended output only, and doesn't charge iDevices will be willing to pay an extra $100 for an upgraded version that fixes all of those issues.

Kudos to Cypher Labs and Ken for continuing to improve the Solo, but the real question is whether the DAC and sound quality are any different.  Bring on the RMAF impressions!

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #1,019 of 1,788
Owning the first one I have to say I feel it is something of a bargain for the sound quality given. The new one with the extra features is worth every penny as you are getting an even more versatile device for not a lot more. In fact I don't know how they have done it for the cost going by my experience with the first one

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #1,020 of 1,788
Quote:
Owning the first one I have to say I feel it is something of a bargain for the sound quality given. The new one with the extra features is worth every penny as you are getting an even more versatile device for not a lot more. In fact I don't know how they have done it for the cost going by my experience with the first one

This is a very good point and I would agree that the added value of the extra features for the relatively small increase is so worth it.  Now, if only ALO would ask those of us who have older Solos to send them back for upgrades to the new version!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back