CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #1,711 of 2,466
Jun 7, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,712 of 2,466
Stunning design on the FIBAE 4 :fire::snowflake:

photo_2019-06-07_23-02-44.jpg

Kudos to @piotrus-g & the team @ Custom Art :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,718 of 2,466
This was a great journey. I remember starting up with Ei.3, then buying Fibae2, then Fibae3, then upgrading Fibae2 to Fibae4.

It was great to learn characteristics of each new model. Now I am hoping to sell Fibae3 and Fibae4, and then to hop on Fibae7 :)
I went Music One, Music Two, Fibae 2, Black :)

Jun 15, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #1,722 of 2,466
Thanks! you requested "pop" colors so I guess that fits the description nicely :) Enjoy!
Thank you Piotr...I really like them. One thing that struck me immediately is how comfortable they are. All of my customs from your team are, but these are the most. Anything change?

Jun 15, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #1,723 of 2,466
Thank you Piotr...I really like them. One thing that struck me immediately is how comfortable they are. All of my customs from your team are, but these are the most. Anything change?

I would say 3-d fit, but as far as I am aware that is only for black shells and faceplates?

Would just like to add @piotrus-g that we may finally have solved my recurring fit issues! I think it's a combination of decent (finally) impressions and the 3-d process. Had a couple of hiccups (the right didn't need altering, so that was my bad) and not entirely sure the left needed thickening. The length the jurys out on right now, but as it stands these are the most comfortable ciems I've had in a very long time. I get a good seal to block the noise out at work (which as you know is the main reason I got into this rabbit hole in the first place!) and they sound fantastic. I'm currently mulling over whether to send my fibae 2's in for reshell into customs as universals and I just don't work. Tried the double/triple flange tips and aside from being uncomfortable just aren't big enough (ooer) for the left ear either. Had thought about spinfit twinblades, but know you aren't a fan of spinfits due to skewing the treble? Just wondered if they might help with the curve of my right ear?

Thanks

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #1,724 of 2,466
I would say 3-d fit, but as far as I am aware that is only for black shells and faceplates?

Would just like to add @piotrus-g that we may finally have solved my recurring fit issues! I think it's a combination of decent (finally) impressions and the 3-d process. Had a couple of hiccups (the right didn't need altering, so that was my bad) and not entirely sure the left needed thickening. The length the jurys out on right now, but as it stands these are the most comfortable ciems I've had in a very long time. I get a good seal to block the noise out at work (which as you know is the main reason I got into this rabbit hole in the first place!) and they sound fantastic. I'm currently mulling over whether to send my fibae 2's in for reshell into customs as universals and I just don't work. Tried the double/triple flange tips and aside from being uncomfortable just aren't big enough (ooer) for the left ear either. Had thought about spinfit twinblades, but know you aren't a fan of spinfits due to skewing the treble? Just wondered if they might help with the curve of my right ear?

Thanks

I have those Spinfit twin flanges. They are the only way I've found to get universals reliably seated in my outer ear canal. Even at Custom Art's terrific reshell prices, you might as well give those a try first, and hear for yourself whether you like the treble. (If you find you don't, I'm happy to take them off your hands.)

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,725 of 2,466
I have those Spinfit twin flanges. They are the only way I've found to get universals reliably seated in my outer ear canal. Even at Custom Art's terrific reshell prices, you might as well give those a try first, and hear for yourself whether you like the treble. (If you find you don't, I'm happy to take them off your hands.)

Thanks, do you know which model size fits the universals from ca? They take a comply t-400 as I recall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back