CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,726 of 2,466
The double flange, as far as I'm aware, only come in one model. They ship with little silicone sleeves that reduce the bore to fit Shure and other thin-nozzled IEMs. The bigger bore is a fairly standard size, I think a little less than 4 mm, and is intended to stretch to fit diameters 4-5mm.

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,727 of 2,466
I've got the same issue, with my ear canals being wide enough, and far enough from parallel, that most tips just don't stand a chance. The Spinfit doubles do the job, but I haven't used them when sweaty. I'm not sure anything except full trepanning with a custom will feel secure in my ears when I work out.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,730 of 2,466
@piotrus-g
Hi Piotr,
I think this wasn't discussed here before, can you point out the sonic differences between the new F7 and H8.2? Thanks!

At this poimt I'm not eager to move from H8.2 but you never know :)
OK, so to me FIBAE 7 is a step up from Harmony 8.2 while retaining nearly identical or at least very close signature.
I would say that key differences are
FIBAE 7 is a bit brighter - there were some complaints that Harmony 8.2 could use a bit more boost in lower high frequency range so FIBAE 7 improves here giving F7 more bite and edge.
FIBAE 7 has better highs - again based on feedback from Harmony 8.2 users - now highs offer higher quantity with more extension. Two Top Firing Drivers deliver loads of detail without fatigue. Detail retrieval is class higher.
FIBAE 7 has more bass although it's not so obvious. It's very tricky for me to compare bass between the two. F7 sounds generally flat until there's sufficient bass presence in the song then the woofer becomes "alive" and you get loads of proper reverberation and sub-bass that can really surprise with its depth. Bass on the Harmony 8.2 is more one dimensional and lacks the lowest octave range that F7 have. I think it's best to think of Harmony 8.2's bass as closed enclosure floor speaker while F7 is more of a bass-reflex type of bass. I would say that kick drum on Harmony 8.2 sounds more precise but on FIBAE7 more natural. F7 is also able to fill stage with bass easier with bass-heavy tracks.
FIBAE 7 has better stage and imaging - the stage now is bigger and more 3 dimensional, there's definitely improvement in hight of the stage as well as layers. The sound stage on FIBAE 7 is extremely stable meaning instrument placement comes much easier. There's never lack of space for another sound with F7. The difference in dynamics is also noticeable right away with FIBAE 7's faster transient response
Finally FIBAE7 is less forgiving to mastering and bitrate
Overall I would say that Harmony 8.2 is still perfect tool for musicians and professional use, while FIBAE 7 is more audiophile take on similar signature.

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #1,732 of 2,466
Just tried a demo unit of FIBAE 7. The upper midrange and treble stand out for me the most. Bass decay is quick and each bass note is articulated with a nice weight. Vocals' forwardness is spot on. Treble is lively yet smooth. The amount of sparkle is apt and it helps to spice up the top end without any aggression. The soundstage provides an intimate feeling but it is still on the spacious side of things. Overall, the FIBAE 7 is engaging, clean & controlled without any harshness. An excellent flagship from Custom Art with its highly musical sound.

IMG_20190623_134719_085.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #1,733 of 2,466
Just tried a demo unit of FIBAE 7. The upper midrange and treble stand out for me the most. Bass decay is quick and each bass note is articulated with a nice weight. Vocals' forwardness is spot on. Treble is lively yet smooth. The amount of sparkle is apt and it helps to spice up the top end without any aggression. The soundstage provides an intimate feeling but it is still on the spacious side of things. Overall, the FIBAE 7 is engaging, clean & controlled without any harshness. An excellent flagship from Custom Art with its highly musical sound.

Amazing to hear, thanks for the insight! Any plans for reviewing them soon?

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #1,737 of 2,466
Hey Guys and Girls!
For the past couple of months we have been working very very hard pushing ourselves to the max. We have made all the necessary changes to our production line and we increased our production capacity few-folds in last months and we are now outputting more order per week than we used to be able to do in a month!
We are very happy to announce that we cleared most of our order backlog and we are back on track with 4-5week turnaround time and we are looking to reduce it further to 3week time next. All that while improving fit-rate thanks to our advanced 3D printing technology and while maintaining or even improving our quality in some areas!
Thank you all for your support and patience, now we are excited we will be able to deliver our products better and faster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back