CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,696 of 2,466
Nah I already got some.

Btw guys, did any of you buy custom tip / custom earplugs from CA ? How is the comfort ? Does it isolate well ? I'm looking for a night replacement for my 3M tips (kind of dirty) so it must isolate well, stick all night long and not hurt.

Soft silicone, so if your impressions from the fibaes were fine these should be too. Isolation is great, but depending on the iems you are using with may make them stick out more.

Apr 22, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #1,697 of 2,466
I'm referring to earplugs for the night, right?

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #1,698 of 2,466
I'm referring to earplugs for the night, right?
You did mention Custom tip/custom ear plugs so that's why I got confused. The tips just go on the end of an iem with any supporting lip to keep it there. Ear plugs are full size made out of silicone and should be flush to the ear as they don't need to stick out to let the cable socket have space if that helps?

May 8, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #1,700 of 2,466
Man, it'll be cool if CA can figure out how to do for the FIBAE 2 what the Black does to the FIBAE 1.
Do you own any of the FIBAE line? I know for myself, I'm curious to see if the oft-speculated new flagship will contain any of CA's technologies they debuted in the Black and the F4 (namely, the pressure-optimizing resonator and top-firing drivers respectively) or if it will feature something else entirely. The problem, I think, may be that the acoustic components used in the Black already take up a lot of physical real estate so it will be an interesting challenge to see ever greater amounts of tech be added.

May 8, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #1,701 of 2,466
Do you own any of the FIBAE line? I know for myself, I'm curious to see if the oft-speculated new flagship will contain any of CA's technologies they debuted in the Black and the F4 (namely, the pressure-optimizing resonator and top-firing drivers respectively) or if it will feature something else entirely. The problem, I think, may be that the acoustic components used in the Black already take up a lot of physical real estate so it will be an interesting challenge to see ever greater amounts of tech be added.

Nope. I just decided to find myself the perfect CIEM a few weeks ago, as a present to myself for staying sober for the last seven years. I missed the presale on the Black, which I almost certainly would have bought unheard. (Hell, even right now I have to stop myself from buying a set almost every day.)

I suspect the Black would be perfect for me, except for the fact that perhaps a quarter of my listening is pretty sub-bass intensive. I don't really consider myself a "basshead," in that I don't actually care much for emphatic bass as a general tonal preference. But I recently demoted the headphones that got me into the game—a pair of Fostex T50s that I modded myself—because, although the mid-bass was quite good, and I loved listening to almost everything on them, there was no extension deep down low.

I figure if FIBAE 1's driver plus a resonator can take us from a headphone with almost no bass to one that extends quality bass down to about 100, the addition of that big woofer they use in the FIBAE 2 could keep the bass response rising for those last pesky couple of octaves on the left. So I hope they find a way to make it fit. Or that the ME comes down the pipe again.

I think the top-firing drivers and the resonator are mutually exclusive; the early description of the Black says that the innovation was moving it up in parallel right next to the spout, and the top-firing BAs are described as not having spouts. But yes: both innovations deserve reuse.

May 8, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #1,702 of 2,466
Nope. I just decided to find myself the perfect CIEM a few weeks ago, as a present to myself for staying sober for the last seven years...

Stinkin' rad! Congrats!

May 9, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,703 of 2,466
Nope. I just decided to find myself the perfect CIEM a few weeks ago, as a present to myself for staying sober for the last seven years. I missed the presale on the Black, which I almost certainly would have bought unheard. (Hell, even right now I have to stop myself from buying a set almost every day.)

I suspect the Black would be perfect for me, except for the fact that perhaps a quarter of my listening is pretty sub-bass intensive. I don't really consider myself a "basshead," in that I don't actually care much for emphatic bass as a general tonal preference. But I recently demoted the headphones that got me into the game—a pair of Fostex T50s that I modded myself—because, although the mid-bass was quite good, and I loved listening to almost everything on them, there was no extension deep down low.

I figure if FIBAE 1's driver plus a resonator can take us from a headphone with almost no bass to one that extends quality bass down to about 100, the addition of that big woofer they use in the FIBAE 2 could keep the bass response rising for those last pesky couple of octaves on the left. So I hope they find a way to make it fit. Or that the ME comes down the pipe again.

I think the top-firing drivers and the resonator are mutually exclusive; the early description of the Black says that the innovation was moving it up in parallel right next to the spout, and the top-firing BAs are described as not having spouts. But yes: both innovations deserve reuse.
Congrats man, that's huge! Here's to the next seven years, and the seven after that and thence onward.

I don't usually listen to EDM or other sub-bass dependent genres but I put some on just to see what's up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you know it's working when your bones feel like gelatin, yeah? Maybe it was the coffee earlier... Sorry, I don't have a lot of feedback but I am working to develop my aural palette.

Yeah, after the F4, I'm not sure Piotr has tipped his hand much about what's next. I need to go re-read those interviews, like the one that @Deezel177 conducted. In my speculation re: Black tech and F4 tech, I was imagining that perhaps there would be a resonator for a low end driver and then a series of top-firing drivers for high-end. I recognize that as the small thinking of an uncreative man, and perhaps Piotr's vision is much grander. Or, perhaps the true genius will be in the simplicity. Whatever the case, I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

May 31, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #1,708 of 2,466
Announcement dropping in 5 minutes?

EDIT: NEW FLAGSHIP FIBAE 7!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back