CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #631 of 2,466
All this talk of a bassy Custom Art IEM has me drooling
Yes with the clarity and detail retrieval that the F3 delivers and the inclusion a deep bass presence what's not to drool over?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #632 of 2,466
Had the chance to grab a F3 demo for a few days listening and doing measurements. So here's the uncompensated FR:

Custom-Art-Fibae-3-Universal-web.png

As expected the impedance response is quite flat:

Custom-Art-Fibae-3-Impedance-web.png

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #633 of 2,466
Had the chance to grab a F3 demo for a few days listening and doing measurements. So here's the uncompensated FR:

Custom-Art-Fibae-3-Universal-web.png

As expected the impedance response is quite flat:

Custom-Art-Fibae-3-Impedance-web.png
:wink:

What sleeves did you use for measurement? This looks like single flange which moves the HF peak to the left and increases depth of the 5kHz valley. Unfortunately because sleeves affect highs so much reproducing output of the actual custom is not possible. Ultimately I adjusted demo by ear to make sure it actually sounds close to custom instead of trying to replicate fully HF FR.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #634 of 2,466
I have F3 and I will not agree with first graph about signature.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #636 of 2,466
Can you measure your custom?
We measure every single one that comes out of our lab (actually few times during production too), we deliberately don't share measurement of our newer models to avoid creating influence on the reviews. We will be sharing measurements for FIBAE2 soon as it's already established IEM with dozens of wonderful reviews.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #637 of 2,466
What sleeves did you use for measurement? This looks like single flange which moves the HF peak to the left and increases depth of the 5kHz valley. Unfortunately because sleeves affect highs so much reproducing output of the actual custom is not possible. Ultimately I adjusted demo by ear to make sure it actually sounds close to custom instead of trying to replicate fully HF FR.
Yes, it were the single flange you included with the demo unit. I think those are Sony Hybrids? I used the small orange ones.
Also I did use SpinFits which leads to a similar result.
I can try those double flanges you included, if that would lead to a more accurate representation of the custom.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #638 of 2,466
Yes, it were the single flange you included with the demo unit. I think those are Sony Hybrids? I used the small orange ones.
Also I did use SpinFits which leads to a similar result.
I can try those double flanges you included, if that would lead to a more accurate representation of the custom.
I thought so. Closer to custom would be no tips at all (lol). Bi-flange adds an extra peak past 10kHz.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #639 of 2,466
We measure every single one that comes out of our lab (actually few times during production too), we deliberately don't share measurement of our newer models to avoid creating influence on the reviews. We will be sharing measurements for FIBAE2 soon as it's already established IEM with dozens of wonderful reviews.

That is very confident approach, love it!

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #640 of 2,466

I ordered my FIBAE 3 four weeks ago, has been a long wait. My only concern was that I would never obtain measurements for FIBAE 3 since it's custom in-ear. I'm really looking into equalizing the IEM to neutral and that is very, very difficult without measurements. Now if you measure every unit this means that you could send me measurements for my unit, right? How long do you @piotrus-g think until you're ready to release the measurements for FIBAE 3?

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #641 of 2,466
I ordered my FIBAE 3 four weeks ago, has been a long wait. My only concern was that I would never obtain measurements for FIBAE 3 since it's custom in-ear. I'm really looking into equalizing the IEM to neutral and that is very, very difficult without measurements. Now if you measure every unit this means that you could send me measurements for my unit, right? How long do you @piotrus-g think until you're ready to release the measurements for FIBAE 3?
I greatly appreciate your business, we are quite a bit swamped with orders now, so the wait is a bit longer. We are trying our best to ship orders asap.
As for measurements same conditions apply as for previous models, once we get sufficient feedback we will release the graphs. Please take no offense in this but it would put me in a strange place as doing one time favor for you would result in cascade of requests from other customers and then we would have no control over what is posted on the Internet. So thank you for your patience and understanding of the situation.
For now I can only point you the graph posted above with information that custom has reduced depth in 5kHz valley and an extra peak around 15kHz which is not present on the graph above. For the universal fit the measurement above is fairly accurate for single flange sleeve as discussed in the posts above

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #642 of 2,466
Redid the measurement with the included double flanges (blue curve) and without tips with the nozzle placed at the reference plane (red curve). The yellow curve is the single flange measurement from above. Both channels averaged and curves aligned @ 1 kHz.

Custom Art Fibae 3 Tip Versus web.png

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #643 of 2,466
That has to be some very deep placement of the IEM into the coupler. I'm unable to replicate red curve actually. The blue also doesn't represent what I'm getting with bi-flange, and would be more consistent with no tip and deep insertion (with shell of the IEM touching edge of the coupler)

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #644 of 2,466
I greatly appreciate your business, we are quite a bit swamped with orders now, so the wait is a bit longer. We are trying our best to ship orders asap.
As for measurements same conditions apply as for previous models, once we get sufficient feedback we will release the graphs. Please take no offense in this but it would put me in a strange place as doing one time favor for you would result in cascade of requests from other customers and then we would have no control over what is posted on the Internet. So thank you for your patience and understanding of the situation.
For now I can only point you the graph posted above with information that custom has reduced depth in 5kHz valley and an extra peak around 15kHz which is not present on the graph above. For the universal fit the measurement above is fairly accurate for single flange sleeve as discussed in the posts above

I totally understand and wasn't asking any personal exceptions. I was just wondering if you could send the measurements for my individual units when you are ready to release the measurements. These are customs so one would assume that there are sonic differences between units. Or are all of the units sonically so similar that there is no need for individual equalization curves?

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #645 of 2,466
That has to be some very deep placement of the IEM into the coupler.
It was measured without ear canal extension and retaining collar directly at the reference plane (c):

10027922.jpg

The blue also doesn't represent what I'm getting with bi-flange, and would be more consistent with no tip and deep insertion (with shell of the IEM touching edge of the coupler)
Would be easier if you just post your measurement of the custom, than me trying to emulate a custom fit. I guess I ruined your plans not to spoil reviews already (sorry :ksc75smile: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back