CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #646 of 2,466
Then we have two different measuring methods and we will get different results. It's physically impossible to insert the IEM as deep as you simulate with measurement because the shape of the shell naturally position the earphone at (not even really past) the first bend of the ear canal.

Would be easier if you just post your measurement of the custom, than me trying to emulate a custom fit. I guess I ruined your plans not to spoil reviews already (sorry :ksc75smile: ).
Of course I could, still I'm not going to do that (now).

I totally understand and wasn't asking any personal exceptions. I was just wondering if you could send the measurements for my individual units when you are ready to release the measurements. These are customs so one would assume that there are sonic differences between units. Or are all of the units sonically so similar that there is no need for individual equalization curves?
Naturally once they are released we will be happy to send you yours.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #647 of 2,466
I'm new to the CIEM and planning to get one within the budget of 1000 USD. I've read some suggestions of Fibae 2 but I have no chance yet to personally try it, so would to get some ideas here first.
I mainly listen to pop, rock and edm. Is any of the model by CustomArt suit me?
If not, any recommendations for me please?

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #648 of 2,466
I'm new to the CIEM and planning to get one within the budget of 1000 USD. I've read some suggestions of Fibae 2 but I have no chance yet to personally try it, so would to get some ideas here first.
I mainly listen to pop, rock and edm. Is any of the model by CustomArt suit me?
If not, any recommendations for me please?
FIBAE2 would be good pick if you want more fun/darker signature. It's great allrounder and uses only half of your budget. What earphones or headphones have you had in the past that you liked? What are your expectation of sound signature - more bass or flat?

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #649 of 2,466
FIBAE2 would be good pick if you want more fun/darker signature. It's great allrounder and uses only half of your budget. What earphones or headphones have you had in the past that you liked? What are your expectation of sound signature - more bass or flat?
I’m not a bass head, just enough bass is adequate for me. I would like to have a wider soundstage and better resolution and separation. Is Fibae3 also worth considering for my needs?
Thanks!

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #650 of 2,466
I’m not a bass head, just enough bass is adequate for me. I would like to have a wider soundstage and better resolution and separation. Is Fibae3 also worth considering for my needs?
Thanks!
Would you mind giving me a bit more details what you consider adequate quantity - please let me know what is your point of reference so I could understand where you're coming from.

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #653 of 2,466
I actually have custom F3 and i dont "ear" the 1Khz valley that i see on the previous graphs. Is it another change of the demo units or are my ears too tired ? :upside_down:
The 1kHz deep is there in custom too, basically everything you see in those graphs above 3kHz is not applicable to custom F3 though.
I had the um3x before and I think it’s acceptable, but I don’t really remember how many bass it has lol.
That's already good information. Alright so something with similar bass response would be either FIBAE2 or Ei.3

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #654 of 2,466
Finally got the audiologist appointment booked. 5th of March. Just hope I don't catch the cough/cold thing going round the office again (swear it's the thrice cursed air con that does it). Going to a different one than one I've used in the past. This one actually seems to know what ciems are, and has had successful results with customers for Cosmic Ears, 64audio and Ultimate Ears, so fingers crossed.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #655 of 2,466
The 1kHz deep is there in custom too, basically everything you see in those graphs above 3kHz is not applicable to custom F3 though.

That's already good information. Alright so something with similar bass response would be either FIBAE2 or Ei.3
Thank you for the answer. compared to my H8.2 I do not feel this hollow in the 1khz area on the Fibae 3, maybe it's more pronounced on Harmonys. This kind of linear frequency reponse is something new to me, more resolving on voices . Just get a pair of Fibae 2 also from a mate , tested a little before i send them to your lab. It's quite engaging. I will have to compare the three after :ksc75smile:

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #656 of 2,466
Thank you for the answer. compared to my H8.2 I do not feel this hollow in the 1khz area on the Fibae 3, maybe it's more pronounced on Harmonys. This kind of linear frequency reponse is something new to me, more resolving on voices . Just get a pair of Fibae 2 also from a mate , tested a little before i send them to your lab. It's quite engaging. I will have to compare the three after :ksc75smile:
Because 8.2 has very similar valley around 1kHz. This type of response is closer to what sounds natural to human ear.

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #657 of 2,466
Better late than never. :wink:

Custom Art FIBAE 3 - Through The Looking Glass

F3v2-3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back