CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #616 of 2,466
Piotr implied it was going to be a rather bass-heavy model, and I’m always excited for any Custom Art release. :wink:
I'm sold on that one. Proper L-shape signature is practically absent on the market (beside my good old Rose Cappuccino MK2 and its wonderful 2+2 configuration).
I mean stronger bass than 8.2, but without the mid-bass hump which can invade the mids on many bassy IEMs.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #617 of 2,466
Piotr

I just finished doing my 6 miles this morning with the LG V30 and the F3. Fantastic job. I am not talking about technical merits or comparing the sound to any thing else. On it's own merit and my personal experience thus far, the FIBAE technology is certainly the pathway to bigger things.

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #618 of 2,466
I'm sold on that one. Proper L-shape signature is practically absent on the market (beside my good old Rose Cappuccino MK2 and its wonderful 2+2 configuration).
I mean stronger bass than 8.2, but without the mid-bass hump which can invade the mids on many bassy IEMs.
The new IEM will have much more bass than 8.2. I personally think it sounds very very close to proper sounding dynamic driver.
Piotr

I just finished doing my 6 miles this morning with the LG V30 and the F3. Fantastic job. I am not talking about technical merits or comparing the sound to any thing else. On it's own merit and my personal experience thus far, the FIBAE technology is certainly the pathway to bigger things.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad to see interest in FIBAE is spreading. I think the same - those are first steps towards something much bigger.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #624 of 2,466
Always has been :)
Indeed, it's not because some people here take pleasure in listening flat-as-a-board IEMs that it is the ultimate goal. "Reference" sound is subjective and personal.
MOST people enjoy solid bass, because this is what we got with decent loudspeakers at home for the last 60 years.

I'm not entirely objective, being an amateur bass player, but if you can't properly hear bass guitar slam or the biggest drums with IEMs, what's the point ?

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #625 of 2,466
The new IEM will have much more bass than 8.2. I personally think it sounds very very close to proper sounding dynamic driver.
Then you have my vote, unless the price over 1000 Euros.
I certainly hope not, since the Fibae range is reasonably priced so far.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #626 of 2,466
Indeed, it's not because some people here take pleasure in listening flat-as-a-board IEMs that it is the ultimate goal. "Reference" sound is subjective and personal.
MOST people enjoy solid bass, because this is what we got with decent loudspeakers at home for the last 60 years.

I'm not entirely objective, being an amateur bass player, but if you can't properly hear bass guitar slam or the biggest drums with IEMs, what's the point ?

I feel like bass-heavy transducers have recently gotten flack for focusing too much on quantity instead of quality. Recent flagship IEMs have begun doing the opposite - where they craft a well-layered, fast and clear bass - but sacrifice overall quantity as a result. With IEMs like the H8.2, A18 and VE8, the trend started to reverse, and - now - products like the Legend X and this new FIBAE monitor are gonna cap off the renaissance strong. :D

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #628 of 2,466
Price will be considerably under €1000
€999.99 then?

:p

Finally feels like I'm getting the various colds under control so should be able to get a new set of impressions done soon. No one should have to go on two sets of antibiotics in the space of three weeks (one for an infected little finger, the other for the damned cough/cold thing going round here atm). For one thing the price of the prescriptions are too damn expensive!

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #629 of 2,466
I feel like bass-heavy transducers have recently gotten flack for focusing too much on quantity instead of quality. Recent flagship IEMs have begun doing the opposite - where they craft a well-layered, fast and clear bass - but sacrifice overall quantity as a result. With IEMs like the H8.2, A18 and VE8, the trend started to reverse, and - now - products like the Legend X and this new FIBAE monitor are gonna cap off the renaissance strong. :D
I like the sound of that renaissance! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back