CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,562 of 2,466
The second instalment of my interview series An Inner View is now live on TheHeadphoneList.com - featuring none other than the man himself: @piotrus-g! (photos mostly via Custom Art)

Pssst...
they say if you ask nicely, you might even find brief teases on the FIBAE 4 inside... :wink:

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,563 of 2,466
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,564 of 2,466
The second instalment of my interview series An Inner View is now live on TheHeadphoneList.com - featuring none other than the man himself: @piotrus-g! (photos mostly via Custom Art)

Pssst...
they say if you ask nicely, you might even find brief teases on the FIBAE 4 inside... :wink:

Great interview! You and @piotrus-g provide a good read! I appreciate a good this-is-how-I-work interview, and this is one of the better ones I've read recently.

Nicely done!!

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,565 of 2,466
Please don't ask him for more info about the 4's yet. The money for a pair of Blacks just left my bank account LITERALLY yesterday. Please. I beg you. Have mercy.

Same, the Fibae 4 looks promising, like a funny sound and enhanced Fibae 2 ? Mehhhh this is too hard ! We'll see what Black have to propose !

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,566 of 2,466
Please don't ask him for more info about the 4's yet. The money for a pair of Blacks just left my bank account LITERALLY yesterday. Please. I beg you. Have mercy.

Hah, the money for the blacks left my account on the last day of the presale back in december. Got the audiologists next week fingers crossed. You do not want to know what the current wait time is atm :frowning2: :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,567 of 2,466
Jan 31, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,568 of 2,466
By the way, everyone, I just had my impressions taken yesterday, as I will also dwell into Custom IEMs for a few sets, and I gotta say, the process is very easy and painless, so if you were on the verge of doing it, I totally recommend trying it, seeing an audiologist and getting impressions only takes ~10 minutes and doesn't hurt one bit!

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #1,570 of 2,466
Damn Fibae 4 look promising ! A funny and punchy signature is what I would love coming from the Fibae 2. Well done !

The price though is quite above my budget, so I'll stick to my future Black for the moment haha.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #1,572 of 2,466
Just saw this in my mailbox, the FIBAE 4 is a pretty attractive offer oh my!

So refreshing in this industry, this brand is on my favorite list!
My first will be the Black but won’t be my last for sure !!!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,573 of 2,466
By the way, everyone, I just had my impressions taken yesterday, as I will also dwell into Custom IEMs for a few sets, and I gotta say, the process is very easy and painless, so if you were on the verge of doing it, I totally recommend trying it, seeing an audiologist and getting impressions only takes ~10 minutes and doesn't hurt one bit!

This your first time with customs then George?

Feb 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,574 of 2,466
This your first time with customs then George?

Yes, that was my first time getting an impression for customs.

I do not think I will be reviewing lots of customs because I have much much better experience with univerals, and I can talk more about the comfort, but I wanted to try a custom once.

BTW, I will be reviewing FIBAE Black Universal, not custom, but I did try to make a custom because I will be reviewing a local IEM that has no universal variant. I will be writing more abou the custom impressions process and how it is like in the article for that one :)

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,575 of 2,466

Pssst...

Excellent interview. I especially loved the pictures taken in the Custom Art lab/office. Exceptionally bright and clean looking workspace for all of the mad science going on. It's incredible to hear about how the company has grown so much even over the last year. Finally, it also astounds me to hear that @piotrus-g got his start on the DIY market because... well, it astounds me that DIY is even an option for IEMs. I wouldn't know where to begin and I'm afraid to find out. I feel like it'd be like most DIY projects of mine: "Oh yeah, DIY will be way cheaper for a better product!" -> $life savings later and shoddy product. I'll continue leaving it to the professionals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back