1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread

First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last
  1. jeffhawke
    That's encouraging, however I recently took a hearing test, and I stopped hearing anything at around 15.3kHz. Admittedly, it was a monotone, not music.

2. Deezel177
    Yes, test tones exist up to 20kHz and beyond. But realistically, no instrument produces appreciable information past 12-13kHz. If I boost frequencies past 13kHz by +20dB on an EQ for example, I probably would not hear a single difference.

3. sodesuka
    Any ETA for those who bought Black the day it was announced (universal version)?

4. Dobrescu George
    FIBAE Black series impressions also go in this thread, or there is a separate one? :)

5. piotrus-g
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-art-fibae-black-announcement.893870/
    Big batch of universals is in assembly right now so I think maybe a week more before we are able to ship them

sodesuka and Dobrescu George like this.
  6. subguy812
    You ordered some FIBAE Black?

7. taramandil
    I got my hands on my universal Blacks today. Initial impressions: very comfortable, good seal, tremendous cable As for the listening pleasure - my um pro 50s and shure 846s went to the drawer, beaten

8. megabigeye
    On the one hand: Gaah! Don't tell me that! I just got he UM Pro 50 for my birthday/XMas!

On the other hand: can you compare the Black the the Westone?

9. taramandil
    Fed from dx200 Blacks destroys Westones. They appear muddy, slow and congested in comparison. Blacks are airy and crisp, bass doesn't bleed in midrange one iota. Highs have zero harshness.

proedros, megabigeye and jeffhawke like this.
  10. proedros
    just saw a FIBAE 4 presale pic at the CA Facebook page....

11. papa_mia
    Shhhh can you please keep it down, my wallet is trying to sleep.

12. ustinj
    Taken from the FIBAE Black review I posted, a small comparison between the Custom Art FIBAE 3 and Black: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/custom-art-fibae-black.23559/reviews#review-21526

[​IMG]

The Black has a more hefty & weighted bass presentation than the FIBAE 3. Even with its single BA driver, Black extends deeper and has greater rumble in the subbass with more apparent texturing. Midbass also slams harder on the Black. Electronic music listeners and bass lovers would appreciate the Black's low-end over the FIBAE 3's leaner tuning, especially with deep-insert tips. Black has a more natural midrange timbre, where the FIBAE 3 is more nasal with an enhanced sense of sharpness. There seems to be a bit of unevenness in the upper midrange of the FIBAE 3, where the Black soars over it in coherency. Black's treble is clearly more subdued when compared to the FIBAE 3, the latter presenting a greater amount of treble sparkle and air. FIBAE 3 has more immediate resolution and apparent microdynamics, while Black fares better in macrodynamics. Black is much smoother, and doesn't sound peaky in any way. Black has more intimate imaging but a similar soundstage expansion, giving a more textured and layered sound.

In summation, the Black has a heavier focus on tonal accuracy, significantly more natural timbre, better dynamics, and more apparent layering; the FIBAE 3 leans towards minute detail retrieval, treble technicality / performance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  13. magicguy
    :ksc75smile:

14. jeffhawke
    No technical info whatsoever though.

15. annasoh323
    Please don't ask him for more info about the 4's yet. The money for a pair of Blacks just left my bank account LITERALLY yesterday. Please. I beg you. Have mercy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last