CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,576 of 2,466
Dear Piotr!

Which of your CIEMs would you recommend me for Metal and Rock. I like bands like Parkway drive, Metallica, Stone Sour, Shinedown but also things like Imagine dragons, Mark Knopfler, Dire straits.

Thanks for your input

Best,
Steve

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #1,577 of 2,466
Dear Piotr!

Which of your CIEMs would you recommend me for Metal and Rock. I like bands like Parkway drive, Metallica, Stone Sour, Shinedown but also things like Imagine dragons, Mark Knopfler, Dire straits.

Thanks for your input

Best,
Steve

Ha, I came in here to ask pretty much the same thing! I listen a lot to very technical Metal styles, so I require a tight, non-bloated bass, clear midrange, and not overbearing highs.

Balanced would also be a good combo here, since the typical 'fun' EQ wouldn't work well for this type of music.
I'd also listen to a lot of classic rock and softer rock genres, down to Blues.

I have a UE7 (with their shallow fit) and InEarz Euphoria on order but I'm curious about what's out there and I heard great things about CA's potential for my tastes :)

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #1,578 of 2,466
Excellent interview. I especially loved the pictures taken in the Custom Art lab/office. Exceptionally bright and clean looking workspace for all of the mad science going on. It's incredible to hear about how the company has grown so much even over the last year. Finally, it also astounds me to hear that @piotrus-g got his start on the DIY market because... well, it astounds me that DIY is even an option for IEMs. I wouldn't know where to begin and I'm afraid to find out. I feel like it'd be like most DIY projects of mine: "Oh yeah, DIY will be way cheaper for a better product!" -> $life savings later and shoddy product. I'll continue leaving it to the professionals.

Thanks so much! Those lab photos were all generously provided to me by @piotrus-g, taken by Custom Art's photographer - who I must say is an immensely talented photographer; love the composition of the Piotr-alone-in-his-lab photo. Piotr was a DIY-er indeed before he began Custom Art. I started following them just after the original Harmony 8 and Harmony 8 Pro launched, so it wasn't the very beginning. But, it's been an insane privilege watching him grow from asking for tips on how to arrange a triple-driver set-up on Head-Fi, to creating a single-proprietary-BA IEM with a full-fledged Helmholtz resonator inside! :D

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #1,579 of 2,466
Dear Piotr!

Thanks for your input

Best,
Steve

Willing to be corrected but I believe that Piotr would recommend either the fibae 2 or (going on comments here and the release thread) the black. That was of course before the release of the 4 so no idea how that fairs. I use the 2's in universal and they work very well for melodic rock stuff.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #1,580 of 2,466
Willing to be corrected but I believe that Piotr would recommend either the fibae 2 or (going on comments here and the release thread) the black. That was of course before the release of the 4 so no idea how that fairs. I use the 2's in universal and they work very well for melodic rock stuff.
Out of the current FIBAE lineup I would recommend the FIBAE 2 or Black for your genres of music as well

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,581 of 2,466
Excellent interview. I especially loved the pictures taken in the Custom Art lab/office. Exceptionally bright and clean looking workspace for all of the mad science going on. It's incredible to hear about how the company has grown so much even over the last year. Finally, it also astounds me to hear that @piotrus-g got his start on the DIY market because... well, it astounds me that DIY is even an option for IEMs. I wouldn't know where to begin and I'm afraid to find out. I feel like it'd be like most DIY projects of mine: "Oh yeah, DIY will be way cheaper for a better product!" -> $life savings later and shoddy product. I'll continue leaving it to the professionals.
Thanks!
Re bold part - yeah I'm glad it just looks that way hahahaha! In all seriousness we try to maintain as little dust/debris as possible simply for health of the staff and safety reasons.
Dear Piotr!

Thanks for your input

Best,
Steve
I would say whole line up except for FIBAE1. Well the FIBAE3 - only if you are into fairly flat and super detailed sound.
FIBAE2 - would be good choice as the most balanced one
FIBAE Black - as the one with focus on tone and male vocals - it's also slightly darker so kind of the opposite of what you'd get with FIBAE3
FIBAE4 - exceptional punch and details, might not be good choice if you are looking for smoother, calmer sound sig -> FIBAE2/Black

Thanks so much! Those lab photos were all generously provided to me by @piotrus-g, taken by Custom Art's photographer - who I must say is an immensely talented photographer; love the composition of the Piotr-alone-in-his-lab photo. Piotr was a DIY-er indeed before he began Custom Art. I started following them just after the original Harmony 8 and Harmony 8 Pro launched, so it wasn't the very beginning. But, it's been an insane privilege watching him grow from asking for tips on how to arrange a triple-driver set-up on Head-Fi, to creating a single-proprietary-BA IEM with a full-fledged Helmholtz resonator inside! :D
Thank you for kind words!
I will pass your compliments to our photographer, we are working with him from the beginning of the company. You can check his website too: http://malz.co/

Feb 2, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,583 of 2,466
Thanks!
Re bold part - yeah I'm glad it just looks that way hahahaha! In all seriousness we try to maintain as little dust/debris as possible simply for health of the staff and safety reasons.

I would say whole line up except for FIBAE1. Well the FIBAE3 - only if you are into fairly flat and super detailed sound.
FIBAE Black - as the one with focus on tone and male vocals - it's also slightly darker so kind of the opposite of what you'd get with FIBAE3
FIBAE4 - exceptional punch and details, might not be good choice if you are looking for smoother, calmer sound sig -> FIBAE2/Black

Thank you for kind words!
I will pass your compliments to our photographer, we are working with him from the beginning of the company. You can check his website too: http://malz.co/

Ayyy, you make me think I really should try Fibae 4 in the future, I love a brighter and more V-shaped signature sometimes :)

I also enjoy more analytical tunings :)

Feb 3, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #1,584 of 2,466
Thanks!

Sound nice, but I have question about mids and vocals especially female vocals, there are this same body on mids like F3 or a little more?

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,585 of 2,466
Wow, you're right: your photographer has an amazing body of work. Is he responsible for the product shots as well?
Most of the instagram pics are mine, the FIBAE4 announcement pics are his, we are also have had few pictures taken by another photographer to introduce some different style, and a few more are coming soon.

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #1,586 of 2,466
Sound nice, but I have question about mids and vocals especially female vocals, there are this same body on mids like F3 or a little more?
there's a lot more body in FIBAE4 there's more body than FIBAE2 or Black - knowing your sound preference I don't think this might be signature for you, as you'll find bass too big

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,587 of 2,466
there's a lot more body in FIBAE4 there's more body than FIBAE2 or Black - knowing your sound preference I don't think this might be signature for you, as you'll find bass too big
Sounds better the more I learn about it. More body than FIBAE2 but still V-shaped and top firing treble? Yearning right now!

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,588 of 2,466

Thanks for answer. Yes, you know my sound preference and you probably you have right. In FIBAE3 sometimes they have to little bass, sometimes are very perfect. Quantity bass depends of song and day. FIBAE4 this is V-shaped more than FIBAE3, I know you writing F3 are flat, for me not flat, only a little V, only for EA Eros II cable add a little mids.

For me best synergy is FIBAE3 with EA cable connected to Cayin N8 in tube mode. This is the best sound for me, because N8 give F3 color and body on mids and vocals, a little body on bass, and no loose very good highs tone.

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #1,589 of 2,466
Poor F1 - what would you recommend the F1 for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back