Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jun 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #196 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI Mangofish,

I am taking my time with my impressions now. I think the fit problem is kinda annoying because it's somewhat inconsistent. I thought that the fit was bad at first, then I realized that at a certain angle it works relatively well. I started to question myself that maybe I got too used to having long complies jammed-in deeply into my ear canals, and I simply need more time to get use to the short shallow fit.

In terms of SQ I first thought the Bass was weak, but comparing to my um3x it's really about the same with more detail. As for mids, it's not as forward as UM3X but it's close enough with the aurora cable. Finally, the high is very extended and sometimes can even sound sibilant
tongue.gif
. Well,.. I'm still trying to decided if I should send these back for refit
tongue.gif

The local Fedex suck. The earphones will spend the weekend at their office and I'll be there kindly waiting for Monday...

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #198 of 616
Bonem,

When you asked for a refit did you send new impressions or stay with the same old impressions? I am still really confused at the moment as my customs stays on my ears as long as I don't talk or walk around singing
tongue.gif
Still waiting for the weekend to decide
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #199 of 616
Quote:

Bonem,

When you asked for a refit did you send new impressions or stay with the same old impressions? I am still really confused at the moment as my customs stays on my ears as long as I don't talk or walk around singing
tongue.gif
Still waiting for the weekend to decide
smily_headphones1.gif

I sent new impressions. This time with closed mouth.
I will tell you about the result monday.

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #200 of 616
OH Man... I just finished some Richter playing Rach2 and now I am listening to Glenn Gould singing over the Goldberg Variation and I am gettin goosebumps
smily_headphones1.gif
Seriously, I think these IEMs sounds very good with anything I play. I mentioned it's like a 5% improvement with Rock and Metal, but when it comes to Classical the improvement is about 10%. Piano sounds soo beautiful and natural with these babies.

OH yeah one quick suggestion, get some good quality custom cables from Sam. Ask him to place an order for you ASAP. I it will normally take about 2 weeks to get them. SO I think if you order them upon placing your order, you should be able to get your custom Silver cables soon. Also the pins are bigger for customs than universals, so you should remind Sam to specify that the cables will be for customs not universals.

I am currently enjoying the aurora cables with my sf5(driver upgrade) and they are much much better than the sf5p
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #201 of 616
Hopefully I will have as good as experience as you guys... I did not go through sam, I went through another agent, he lives in Taiwan and owns a Hi-Fi store there, he seems to be very responsive.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #202 of 616
Are you talking about Hi-Fi in Taipei? I am glad you had a good experience with them as I didn't at all. They always overcharge and respond very very slowly. I contacted them for custom re-shell and it took them about two weeks to answer me. Luckily I went through Sam directly. So in many ways... I should thank them for their slow response and lousy service
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #204 of 616
Quote:

Are you talking about Hi-Fi in Taipei? I am glad you had a good experience with them as I didn't at all. They always overcharge and respond very very slowly. I contacted them for custom re-shell and it took them about two weeks to answer me. Luckily I went through Sam directly. So in many ways... I should thank them for their slow response and lousy service
tongue.gif

He has been responding to me promptly, and in fact it took sam 8 days to respond to me, which by the time he talked to me. He did charge a little more, about 20 more, but Since he contacts me every day it didn't mind.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #208 of 616
He actually responds to me in English, but I did take a year of Chinese back in highschool. He speaks very good English too. He might just be using google translator lol. Hopefully all will go well ><, but they seem like a legit business so its w/e.

Jun 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #210 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone please PM me Sam's contact details? I'm thinking of giving my E500's the reshell/recable treatment. Cheers!

x2, please...only in my case, it's my other pair of Triple Fi.

Edit\ Cheers Scott!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back